Us

Life Threw Me A Curve Ball

 

 

AN: Get ready everyone!! This is it!! The last one!

I hope you like the ending^^

Eventually I’ll be tweaking the story little by little to give it more feel.

Sorry if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes.


 

A year and a half later

 

“I have a confession to make.” Says Chen, “Remember when we were working on that project together in our ____ class?”

“Which project?” Byul asks with a confused face.

“The very first project we worked on. Remember you were really quiet and I was asking a lot of questions.”

“Oh yes I remember. What about it?” she asks.

“Well I said you looked familiar and you surprised me by saying that you had seen me before?”

“Yes and you gave me a hard time about it.” She says as she gives his arm a push.

“Haha yeah” He laughs, “Well I lied. I knew who you were.”

“Wait” she says, “I’m confused. So did we actually meet before?”

“No.” he says, “I had heard about you like a year prior to that. Everyone was saying that you were the new school star. Up to that point I had been the only one.”

“So you’re saying that you knew who I was, but was trying to play it cool?” she asks amused.

“Yeah basically.” Chen says a little embarrassed.

“Haha you’re funny!” she says while laughing.

“I pictured someone small with big glasses and antisocial, but when I first saw you.” He pauses for a second, smiles, and looks at Byul, “When I first saw you, you were the complete opposite.”

“Was it love at first sight~?” She teases.

“Well~ I did think you were really pretty.” He says. “But not really.”

“Hm” her smile fades away, “That’s disappointing.” She responds.

“You can say it started with curiosity and then I became intrigued.” He continues, “Everyone always mentioned how smart and dedicated you were. Eventually I developed a crush.” He says shyly, “Didn’t you hear about me?”

“I can’t remember; if I did I didn’t pay too much attention because I didn’t care about what was happening at school” she says. “You see! You did like me since then!”

“No~ I said I had a crush. I started liking you when we started working on our first project together.” He laughs, “You were so serious and concentrated. It was so cute.”

“Haha do you have any idea how distracted I was?!” Byul says with a laugh.

“You were distracted? It wasn’t obvious. Why were you distracted?”

“Because of you!” she yells.

“Me?! Why?!” he asks curiously.

“Because I had a crush on you.” She confesses.

“You had a crush on me? Haha since then? You can hide it well. I never knew you liked me.”

~~

A year and a half ago

Although they had been separated for about a year and a half, but it felt like it had only been weeks. They weren’t awkward, but treated each other like really good friends.

 

Byul had learned her lesson. She liked him and realized that this is it. He was the one. She didn’t dare confess, but whenever he would ask her “out” she would always say yes.

They were practically inseparable while Chen was in Korea. They went to lunch together and he would walk her home after work. On the weekends they would plan dates, only they didn’t call them dates, but “outings”.

 

Chen had not asked her to be his girlfriend and Byul was growing worried. What if he just wants to catch up because we haven’t seen each other in such a long time?

Byul being the worrywart she was would have her burst of, “Well if he doesn’t like me it’s ok. I don’t need a man.”

Yoonyi and Hanna would calm her down by telling her that she was exaggerating and over thinking things.

“Don’t worry,” they would say, “He likes you.”

“Yes it’s obvious he does. Just give him time. He will confess.”


The day before he left for China he asked Byul to be his girlfriend and she said yes.

~~

“You had a crush on me? Haha since then? You can hide it well. I never knew you liked me.”

“I was trying really hard not to like you.” She pauses, thinks back on memories and says, “Wait so then you knew who I was when you saw me at the bonfire and in the empty classroom when you told me to do well on my test?”

“Yes.” He responds. “Actually I tried to go up to you a few times, but you were a little intimidating.”

They both laugh at their confessions, but are interrupted by,

“Yah! Are you two love birds going to ignore us the whole night?” yells Hanna. “I don’t know why you invite us to hang out if you two always exclude yourselves from the group.”

“Yeah it’s like you’re in your own world.” Adds Yoonyi.

“Don’t be so hard on them.” Says Xiumin. “They only get to see each other a few weeks out of the year.”

“Thank you Xiumin. The only nice one out of the group.” Says Byul.

Chen was supposed to come back to Korea a year ago, but he had become very valuable to the Chinese branch and they were going to need some time to find a replacement.

“Where do you guys want to go after dinner?” says Xiumin.

“Let’s go dancing!” Yoonyi exclaims.

“No, norebang.” Says Hanna.

“I think we’re going home after dinner.” Says Chen. “You know I can’t stay up too late. I work tomorrow.”

“Come on! The night is young,” says Baekhyun. “So what if you have to work tomorrow.”

“I agree with Chen.” Says Byul. “I’m starting to feel a little tired myself. And plus we all have to work tomorrow Baekhyun!” 

“You two are perfect for each other,” says Baekhyun. “Boring.”
”We’re not boring.” Chen and Byul respond at the same time and laugh.

“Yes you are,” Says Yoonyi, “You two have always been like this. Remember college? Byul was on us the whole time with study groups and no breaks! My goodness it was torture.”

“You too!?” asks Baekhyun.

“And I heard stories about Chen.” Adds Yoonyi.

“Oh come you guys. I wasn’t that bad.” Chen says defensively.

“I still have nightmares of college!” says Baekhyun. “Thanks buddy.” He says while hitting Chen’s back.

“Ok ok stop being so mean to my sweetie.” Says Byul while rubbing the spot where Baekhyun hit him.

“Aw~ thanks darling,” says Chen. “She’s the only one that understands me.”

“You two act so~ old! You remind me of my parents!” says Hanna.

“Yah!” yells Byul.

“Neh omma~”

“That’s right! I forgot we called her that haha.” Laughs Yoonyi.

“Omma and appa!” they all say teasingly.

“So when are you two getting married?” asks Xiumin, “You’ve been together for a while now.”

“I don’t know we haven’t really discussed anything specific.” Answers Byul.

“Yeah we don’t want to rush anything.” Adds Chen.

“Well you two have to get married. We’ve been shipping you since college. Everyone has!” Says Yoonyi.

“Yeah just get married already!” yells Baekhyun.

“Yah! Stop it you’re embarrassing me.” Says Byul.

“Oh omma is getting mad~.” Teases Yoonyi.

“Appa tell omma not to get mad.” Says Baekhyun.

“Ok stop teasing. She really will get mad.” Says Chen.

“I need a break from all you kids. I’m going to the bathroom.” Says Byul.

 

She gets up and walks towards the bathroom. Chen turns towards everyone and asks, “Hey? Do you think she’ll say yes?” At that moment he pulls out a ring.

 

End


 

AN: So that was the ending, hope you all liked the story^^ (I actually wrote an extra chapter, but decided not to include it as the ending.)

Thank you Maryhere for your continues comments! I enjoyed reading them. And thank you IAMBlackBunny, Pinio91, Aquarius2101, Aliiioooo, DefyingDecency, -Kitty-, and TaquitosNOMNOM for your comments as well^^ and sorry for my poor writing skills *embarrassed*

Please check out my new story  "Beautiful Stranger". It think it's a cute story. Luhan comes out in it!