Hate

Life Threw Me A Curve Ball

 

*** AN: Hope you all like this one ^^

 


 

Five months before present day:

 

Byul has already been in school for a month. Everything is going well. Her and her friends are busy with their new schedules.

 

 

Byul and her friends, Hanna and Yoonyi, are at the school library in one of those study rooms. (Rooms where students can go and study as a group. It sits about seven people and they have a white board available to them. There are several of those rooms located next and across from them.)

 

“Yoonyi what’s wrong? You’re not concentrating.” Says Hanna.

“I’m sorry, it’s just I don’t know what’s going on with Kris. He doesn’t text me anymore. Whenever I send him texts he always responds with one word and doesn’t try to continue the conversation.” Says Yoonyi in a sad tone.

“I told you not to go out with him. Guys are only distractions not only that, but right now they don’t seem to know what they want. Ignore him or break up with him if he’s not paying attention to you.” Byul says a little frustrated.

“Maybe he’s busy. I don’t want to bother him if he’s busy to talk.”

“Listen if he really cared it doesn’t matter if he’s busy, he will at least make some time for you.” Says Byul.

“Umm I don’t know. I’ll just give him some time.” Responds Yoonyi.

“Fine, whatever you want." Says Byul, "Well can we at least get back to studying?”

 

At that moment they notice a group of students, maybe about five, going into the empty study room across from them.

 

“Hey, it’s that one guy. Remember you said you kept on running into him a while back ago? I love his glasses and his style is so cute!” Says Hanna.

“He does have good style.” Responds Byul.

“What guy!?” Asks Yoonyi excitedly.

“That guy with the glasses.”

“Oh you mean Chen.” Says Yoonyi.

“You know him?” Asks Hanna.

“Yes…well not really I just know his name. He’s in one of my classes we never talk.”

“Oh~” Hanna says.

“Alright girls enough of that lets get back to studying the mid-term is in two days.” Says Byul turning her attention at the white board.

“Byul can’t we take a break.” They whine.

“We just did.” Exclaims Byul.

“That wasn’t a break, that was just an observation.” Yoonyi says.

“Well you girls can take a break. I’m not going to fail this mid-term.”

“Arraso, arraso. Mom geez.” Says Hanna.

 

The girls got back to studying. Of course Hanna and Yoonyi would get distracted and ask for a break almost every 15 minutes.

Byul’s attention would sometimes go towards the students across the hall. She noticed that the stranger, now known as Chen, was the one leading the study group. She did find him cute. Although he was petite, but was very handsome. His dark black hair went well with his thick-framed Dolce and Gabbana glasses. Those glasses made him extra cute. One of Byul’s weaknesses, glasses.

 

 

~~

 

 

“So how do you think you did Byul?” Asks Hanna.

“I feel confident I did very well.”

“Haha I know you were the first one to finish. How do you think Yoonyi is going to do?”

“I don’t know. She wasn’t concentrating too well when we were studying. We’ll soon find out.” Says Byul.

Yoonyi was taking the same class, but at a different time.

 

 

Message received 1:45 pm: “I need to talk to u! Where r u??”

Message sent 1:46 pm: “By the fountain, the one next to the Math department. Why what’s wrong.”

Message received 1:48 pm: “I’ll tell u once I get there.”

 

“I wonder what’s wrong with Yoonyi.” Says Byul in a whisper.

“She sent you the same text?”

“Yes.”

A few minutes later Yoonyi arrives.

“What happened Yooyi? How was your mid-term?” Asks Hanna.

“I didn’t do so well.”

“Are the results up already!?” Asks Byul.

“No, but I know I did bad. I couldn’t concentrate. Kris..Kris broke up with me.”

“What!? Why!?” Exclaims Byul.

“I don’t know. He just sent me a text right before class started. I’ve tried calling his number and texting, but he doesn’t respond.”

“Yoonyi I’m sorry. We know you really liked him.” Hanna says in a comforting tone.

“I mean we’ve only been going out for three months. I don’t know what happened. He used to be so sweet, caring, and attentive. He made me feel special because he was concerned about me…”

 

~~

 

“We should do something for Yoonyi she’s depressed.” Says Hanna.

“I know. Argh! It gets me so mad how one person can make us feel horrible about life and ourselves.” Says Byul frustrated. “I know what will help. We have to get her busy. Distract her with everything. She can’t be left alone.”

“You’re right. What should we do?”

“Hmm let’s just hang out us girls. We do and go to several places.” Says Byul.

“Do you think she’ll want to go?”

“Most likely not, but she has to. She has already mourned him for two weeks. She needs to move on because it she continues like that it will affect her even more. She already has to retake the class because she failed the mid-term. Kris doesn’t seem to care, he’s already talking to another girl.”

“He is!?” Hanna asks in a shocked tone.

“Argh! Are all guys like that!? It seems like every guy we meet is like that! I just want to give up on guys completely. Who needs them if they don’t care about us!”