Remains

A mistake from the start

 

“Eric-ah” Hyesung whispered as he woke up.

            The slim guy turned around and realized he space beside him was empty. He use his hand to touch the space, it was cold, signaling him that the space had been empty for quite some time.

“Eric-yah! Where are you?” He called louder this time, with no voice replying him; he started to tremble, having a bad feeling about this.

            He left his bed and started to walk around the house. But there was still no sign of his lover. He walked back to his room and gets his phone. He realized there were tons of messages from Jinnie to ask him about his whereabouts since he didn’t go to work. Hyesung just replied that he was sick.

            When he walked out of his room again, he found something amiss. Things were missing, to be specific, things that belong to Eric was missing. ‘Not again…’ His heart ached.  He turned back and went to the wardrobe. He slowly opened it, shocked, Eric’s clothes are all missing.

            Now, Hyesung was sure. He remembered Eric’s words from yesterday night. Their last night.

“Wae! Eric Mun! Wae!” Hyesung screamed, “Why do you have to do this to me one again!”

            The guy crumpled down onto the floor. Tears rushed down his face.

“Why…” He cried, “Why do you have to leave me again…”

            Just then, a phone call came. It was Jinnie.

            He tried to calm himself down before answering the call.

“Hello Jinnie-ah” Hyesung faked his voice.

“Sung-ah! Are you alright? I was so worried about you.”

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me, focus on your work.”

“Are you sure?” Jinnie tried to confirm that Hyesung is okay, “Your voice doesn’t sound fine to me.”

“It’s nothing, I have a slight sore throat.”

“Oh, if you are not feeling well then don’t do your work today okay?”

“Okay. Bye, I need to rest.”

“Okies~ Byebye!”

            Hyesung ended the call, remembering that he still has work to do. His face still wet from the tears, he opened the application that he uses to track his work. He found a note from early in the morning, but he didn’t remember typing any just now.

            He opened it and read the note out aloud.

“Pilkyo-ah. I’m sorry to make you suffer like this, by the time you read this note, you should know that I’m gone” Hyesung started to cry again, knowing the truth that Eric left him once again. “I know I am a stupid bastard whom hurt you and hurt you countless of time, forgive me for leaving without a reason. If I leave when you are clearly awake, I know you wouldn’t let me leave you. Please don’t cry, although I know it is hard but this is the best for you. Go back and love Jinnie, only Jinnie. Don’t ever think about our love, our memories, and our relationship. It will only hurt you more, I won’t blame you if you forget about them, and it’s my fault for this to happen. Sorry that my dad screamed at you yesterday, you never got screamed at before, I’m sorry. Really really sorry. Now please, go and wash you face and bring yourself back together. Don’t cry over a person like me, it’s not worth it. There’s no point asking me not to leave, because in the end we will still be separated. Lastly, really the last time I gonna say this to any one, or you to be specific. You’re my one and only love. I love you. Your Love, Eric Mun.”

            When Hyesung finished, he threw his phone on his bed and he cried and he cried again.

“Eric, what do you mean by the best for me? The best thing for me is to be with you, waking up with you beside me. But you just left me alone again. Why. Why.”

            Hyesung remained on the floor, and then someone came into his hose. His front door opened and closed. But he didn’t hear it because he head was totally blocked.

            The person slowly paced towards the pace, putting his head out first. He was surprised to see Hyesung on the floor. He tiptoed towards the one on the floor and wrapped his hand around him.

            Hyesung struggled to free himself from the embrace. But when he lifted his head and got a glimpse of the face in front of him, he stopped, immediately hugging the man.

“It’s you right? You didn’t leave me right? Tell me it was just a dream.” Hyesung cried into the guy’s chest.

“It’s me. Stop crying Sung. I will only talk to you if you stop crying.” After he finished his sentence he stood up and walk towards the sofa in the living room. Leaving Hyesung on the floor, speechless.

            Hyesung went to the bathroom and wash his face, breathing in and out deeply to calm himself before talking to Eric again.

            He was towards the sofa and sat beside Eric, he remained quiet.

“Are you alright?” Eric asked, eyes looking at the black screen of the television which have their reflections.

“What do you think, leaving me like that once again.” Hyesung said bluntly.

“I think you are okay.” He paused, “Maybe I shouldn’t come back here at all.”

            Eric stood up attempting to leave the place, but Hyesung pulled his hand.

“Why? Please don’t leave.” The guy on the sofa pleaded. “Can we sit and have a talk before deciding on anything?”

            Eric removed Hyesung’s hand from his and went to the other sofa which is on his right.

“What do you want to talk about?”

“Why must you leave?”

“I thought I stated it very clearly in my, sort of, letter to you?”

“Do you think it is the best for me after you leave me alone?”

“Maybe. But at least it won’t hurt Jinnie or my father.”

“So now, Jinnie is more important than me?”

“Don’t argue about such childish things.”

“Fine. Then leave now, since you don’t treat me like how you used to be.”

            To this, Eric just stood up and walk to the door.

“Eric Mun, I remember this very clearly, this is the second time I doubt your love for me. The first, I guess you know when it is. The best thing for me is to be with you. Bye” Hyesung said out clearly, before Eric closed the door.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Present

            Minwoo and Eric headed back into the room that their friends are in. When Eric walked in, Hyesung and his eyes met. But Hyesung avoided it immediately and turn towards JunJin, snuggling into JunJin’s chest.

“Will you two stop your mushy act?” Minwoo complained.

“Shut up Minwoo. You are always doing to with Dongwan too, and we didn’t say anything about it.” Hyesung scolded.

“I did?” Minwoo asked, looking at Dongwan.

            Dongwan nodded, “You forgetful minbong!”

            Minwoo just hugged Dongwan and snuggled into his chest like how Hyesung snuggled into JunJin’s.

“Ya. Can you two couple stop it?” Andy interrupted.

“Mian~” Dongwan apologized.

“When are you two gonna get married?” Eric asked, referring to Minwoo and Dongwan.

            Dongwan starred at Minwoo and shrugged his shoulders.

            The six of them discussed about Hyesung and JunJin’s wedding preparations, and occasionally teasing Woodong couple cause they still have not tie a knot yet.

            And after that, Dongwan, JunJin and Andy have to leave first to settle some business stuffs. Leaving the other three behind.

“Congrats” Eric said monotonously.

“Thank you. When are you going to find your partner?” Hyesung replied while taking a sip of soju.

“Soon.” He thought, but changed his answer. “Or maybe never.”

“Why?” Minwoo interrupted.

“I think you two should know it very well. No point saying something that is already over.”

            Minwoo and Hyesung both knew what Eric was referring to. It meant the relationship of Hyesung and Eric.

“I think I should go now.” Hyesung blurred out. “I still have work to complete. I will foot the bill. Have fun drinking.”

            Hyesung went out of the room leaving the two behind.

“So now it’s left with the two of us again.” Minwoo pouring soju for himself and Eric.

“Yea. Always the two of us.” Minwoo passed the drink to Eric and they finished it in one-shot.

“Then what do you want to rant about today?” Minwoo asked.

“Ya. I don’t always rant to you when there’s only the two of us okay.” Eric pouted.

“You do. Then tell me a time when there’s only the two of us and you didn’t rant about your life.”

            There was a silent moment before Eric spoke. “I can’t remember.”

“See?”

“Yea. Fine you win~”

“Back to topic, what you want to talk about today?” Minwoo tried to let Eric vent his frustrations.

“You know it.”

“Hyesung?” Eric nodded.

“What about him this time?” Minwoo took off his shoes and laid down onto the couch.

“I can’t stand him with Jinnie. I just feel weird to see the person I love and my brother.”

“Are you serious Eric?” Minwoo moved his eyes from the ceiling to Eric. “After 1 year and you are saying this?”

            Minwoo continued, “If he is the one you love, why did you choose to leave him when you father wants you too? You are old enough to decide then.”

“I had no choice. You know my dad too. His stubbornness. It’s even worse than Hyesung’s. If I didn’t made that decision. He will tell JunJin about it. You know how much Jinnie suffered already. I don’t want him to suffer about anything that has to do with relationships.”

“Eric. That’s you problem. Always putting people first and now you, yourself are regretting for the decisions you made.”

“If there’s something wrong with it?” Eric’s eyes formed a straight line, looking at Minwoo.

“Definitely not, but you have to change that attitude at times.”

“Like?”

“I don’t know. Decide yourself.”

“You bastard.” Eric scolded Minwoo. “Let’s go now. We both have to work tomorrow.”

            And the two of them separated then went home.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

*Hyesung’s house*

            Hyesung banged into his own house and slammed the door behind him.

“He actually congratulated me.” Hyesung threw himself onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. “What the heck is wrong with him?”

“Can’t he notice that I still have a little. VERY LITTLE. Feelings for him?” Hyesung vented his anger.

“How did he do that? He really forgotten about me already? What should I do... Jinnie is gonna ask me to move into his parents’ house so that I can stay with him. That means I will see Eric even more! What should I freakingly do?”

*Ring~*

            Hyesung’s doorbell rang.

“Who is it? There shouldn’t be anyone who will look for me now.” He mumbled as he walks towards the door.

            The door opened and an unfamiliar face was in front of him.

“Hi Sir, are you Mr. Shin Hyesung?” the guy asked.

“Yes.”

“There’s a package directed to you. Please sign it.” The postman passed him the form to Hyesung to get it sign.

            While signing the postman said, “Sorry if I disturb you late at this time. There was a mix up between the packages for this area and another one.”

“It’s okay.” Hyesung smiled, “Thank you.”

            The postman bowed and turned to the way to the lift. While Hyesung closed the door behind him and brought the package with him into his room.

            Sitting down on the floor he mumbled again, “Who will actually send me a gift? Is this even a gift.”

            The slim guy tore the packaging roughly and all the wrappers ended up all around the place. It is a box. He slowly opened if afraid that it is a prank from someone. On the contrary, it was a nicely wrapped rectangular shape thing with a ribbon on its top right corner. Once again, he tore the wrapping paper like a mad guy and in it, it is a book.

“What? A book. Everyone knows that I don’t read books.” Hyesung grumbled as he saw the gift.

            He wanted to flip through the book, but only to realize the book was only half filled with paper. The later half is not there. Hyesung opened from the back and found out that the papers were stick onto the book cover one by one.

            Hyesung flipped the pages carefully, afraid that if he’s rough with it, it will be spoilt. His eyes spotted something, a page with beautiful handwriting. It was really beautiful.

“Whoa! This handwriting is very pretty, it looks like a girl’s handwriting. Cute~”

The message read:

Dearest Hyesung,

            This is probably going to be the last letter you will receive before time is up. You’re getting married, congrats to you~ I’m really happy for you. I, myself, can’t figure out why am I actually writing this to you. Maybe I miss you a lot even though we see each other every day.

Time is going to be up very soon. Be happy and enjoy your life to the best.

I love you.

From,

            -nameless-

“This must be a prank from someone in the office. Those bastards.” After Hyesung finished reading it, he kept it in a drawer that was near his work table.

            After cleaning up the mess he made when he was unwrapping the book, he jumped onto bed and slept.

------------------------------------------------

HELLO! Back with a new chapter!

Please don't kill me okay? >-< /hides

There might be faster updates this few days cause it is HOLIDAYS!

4 long days at home~ with my pile of homework T-T

ENJOYYYYYYY~ 

Please give me comments! They are my motivations to writeeeeeee~

 

P.S: FYI, the story is ending quite soon but I'm not sure how many chapters will there be. 

P.S.S: Just to let your know if this story isn't going to have a happy ending, and the ending might pretty badly cause i 

                really just bad at writing endings.  I guess you can see from how i end every chapters~ haha

THANKS FOR READING!!! <3<3<3 

 

EmeryyL