Back to Square One

A mistake from the start

 

1 year later

“Eric Mun! How could you!” His dad shouted at him.

            Eric remained silent, not bothering to explain.

“Answer me!” The older one raised his voice again. “I will get him here if you don’t speak.”

            Eric still kept quiet. His dad couldn’t stand him being that quiet, he then followed his way of doing.

“Hello, Hyesung. Can you come over to my house now? I have something to speak to you.” Eric glared at his dad.

            After that sentence he ended the called. “You made me do this. Don’t look at me like that.”

“Even if I speak, you will still bring him here isn’t it?” Eric exposed his dad.

“It doesn’t matter now cause I called him here already.”

            The room had an awkward silence, the two growth men didn’t know what to say to each other, both knew that the other is as stubborn as him.

            The door opened, it was Hyesung.

“Anneonghaseyo, Mr Mun.” Hyesung greeted Eric’s dad. And another figure attracted his attention, it was Eric.

            Hyesung avoided Eric’s gaze and closed the door behind him.

“Have a seat.” Mr Mun offered Hyesung the seat beside Eric.

            Hyesung went to the seat; he can’t help to steal glace of Eric from time to time.

“I knew about everything. So tell me how did this happen?” Eric said bluntly.

“If you want to ask then just ask me, don’t bring Hyesung into this.” Eric rebutted.

“Shut up. I’m asking Hyesung.”

“It…just..happen…like..this” Hyesung hesitated.

“What do you mean by it just happened like this?” Eric’s father shouted. “What about Jinnie? You are just two-timing the two of them isn’t it?”

            It was the first time Hyesung got shouted at. He didn’t even get this kind of treatment from his own parents. Now he is getting scolded by someone who he isn’t related to.

“Answer me!” Mr Mun raged.

            Hyesung just sat there, tears filling up to the brim and slowly slide down his milky skin.

“Enough dad!” Eric stood up. “You have hurt enough people! You can hurt me as much as you want, but don’t hurt Hyesung.”

“Eric you have no rights to interfere the conversation.”

“I have! This topic concerns both me and Hyesung. I can’t leave him alone to deal with it.” Hyesung’s crying began to get louder.

“Dad, can you be more concern about other feelings? He isn’t even related to you, how can you just shout at him like that?” Eric tried to calm himself down so that he can talk some sense into his dad.

“Why can’t I?”

“Cause you are not related to him. You’re my dad, you have the rights to shout at me for all you want. He is Shin Hye Sung, someone else’s son, not yours.”

“You know can’t win me. Break up with him.” Eric’s father finally said his intentions out.

“I will settle it. Don’t interfere with this ever again.” Eric finished his sentence and he took Hyesung by his wrist, then dragging him out to his car.

            It was peak hour. Eric slammed the steering wheel and cursed under breathe.

“Stop cursing. You know I hate it.” Hyesung spoke, for the first time after Eric’s father shouted at him.

“So you are fine to speak now?” Eric asked and Hyesung immediately turned to the window on his side.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            Hyesung went into his house first, followed by Eric.

            Both of them sat down on the sofa, with little distance apart.

“Hyesung-ah, cry all you want. It’s just you and me here.” Eric brought Hyesung’s head to his shoulder, with another hand around his waist.

“Mian Eric-ah.” Hyesung said, starting to tear. “I got you into all this . I’m sorry”

“Is okay my love, at least I’m happy with you.”

“But” Hyesung looked up at Eric. “can we still be happy now?”

            Eric shrugged.  “For a moment, I doubt so.”

“I knew this will happen.”

“Same here, he is like he have eyes all around me, knowing all my activities.” Eric agreed with Hyesung. “But it’s shocking that he only discovered one year later, I thought he will already found out about like after a month or two.”

“Maybe he already found out about us much earlier, but he only approaches us now?” Hyesung wiped his tears off his face, then curled his hands around Eric.

“I don’t think so, he isn’t that patient to wait till now.”

“So…” Hyesung muttered “How do we deal with this?”

“There’s only one way.” Eric face dropped. “If not, I’m afraid he will tell Jinnie about this.”

“Does it really have to go that way?” Hyesung kissed Eric’s cheek to cheer him up, “There isn’t any other way?”

            Eric shook his head, “Once he said it we have to follow, just like how I broke up with you that time.”

“Really?”

            Eric nodded, “I guess this will be the best way isn’t it? So that you and JunJin won’t be hurt.”

“What about you? Eric, you have to think about yourself too.”

“I will endure it like how I endure the times when I left you. You two are so precious to me, the only way to see the two of you be happy is me leaving you. So that you can be with Jinnie and be happy.”

“Mun Junghyuk! Do you think I will be happy without you?” Hyesung raised his voice weakly.

“You will, just like how you started with Jinnie.” Eric hugged the skinnier guy.

“I can’t Eric…” Hyesung buried his face into Eric’s chest, “I can’t live like that, I will be very guilty for living you alone to suffer.”

“Don’t be guilty. I was the one who chose this path, you didn’t do anything to hurt me. In fact, for the past one year. You gave me memories that I can never make with any other. I should be thanking you instead.” Eric Hyesung’s back.

“Can I stay tonight?” Eric asked.

            Hyesung pulled out of Eric’s embrace and shook his head, and Eric pulled the younger back.

“Just once, please Hyesung-ah” Eric whispered into his ear. “I know it’s the end but can you spend this last night with me?”

       Hyesung just nodded lightly.

            Eric pulled Hyesung up to walk to his bed, they lay down side by side. Facing each other, looking into each other’s eyes.

            For the whole night, they just look at each other without dozing off.  They touched each other occasionally, tears streaming down their face. Not bearing to leave the other one. Hyesung brought himself closer to Eric, so that he could feel him, trying to remember the warmth he is going lose very soon.

            Slowly, Hyesung started to fall asleep in Eric’s arms. Eric looked down at the younger guy as he sniffed at the smell of Hyesung’s hair.

“Why has it gonna be like this?” Eric mumbled.

            Gently, Eric removed Hyesung’s hands from his waist, trying to wriggle out so that he won’t wake Hyesung up.

            And he did it, Eric checked his phone and realized it was almost time to go to work.

            He looked at Hyesung, who is sleeping soundly like a baby, thinking back. If he leave now, it will be a repeat of him leaving Hyesung years ago.

            But he has no choice, he had to do to. To make Hyesung forget him, for his happiness, for JunJin’s one too.

            Eric took Hyesung’s phone. Searching for the app that he always uses. Then he type a long, saddening message into it, before leaving him.

“I’m sorry Hyesung, I love you. You’re my one and only love.” Eric left the house, with everything that will remind Hyesung of him. He had to take away all of them.

            So that, Hyesung can thoroughly erase the person, Eric Mun, from his memories.

 

 [To Be Continued]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A really short update, so that this fic wouldn't be dead. 

I know it seems to be a bit rush with the timeline flying like a bullet train. 

But i have to do it this way because the main thing i want to focus on is the present part instead of the past. 

Do give me comments about it! ^^ 

COMMENT PLEASE!!!!! *WINK WINK*