Once Again

A mistake from the start

 

 

“Appa, umma. Why did you break me and Steve apart because your couldn’t accept man and man relationship?”

Eric’s father heard his son, he never thought that his son would ever ask this question ever since that time.

“Why are you so curious about this Eric-ah?” His mother interrupted. “I thought we had made it very clearly since the argument we had that time? And this got nothing to do with us allowing Jinnie to be with Hyesung.”

“How do you expect me not to be curious umma? I didn’t ask anything that time was because I understand that you want me to lead a normal life like others. But now Jinnie is being like me.” Eric tried to reason out with his parents, “And the worse part of everything is his boyfriend is my ex! How can you expect me to be calm like how naïve I was when you asked me to end my relationship with him?”

            Eric’s parent was as pale as paper. Unable to sallow the fact that Jinnie’s boyfriend is Eric’s ex. No one will ever think of this.

“What? Are you serious? Hyesung is Steve?” Eric’s father was asking.

“Yes.”

“But how?”

“Hyesung don’t know that Jinnie is my brother. And neither Jinnie knows that Hyesung is my ex.”

“This is ridiculous” His mother spurt out her words suddenly.

“Please, tell me why…” Eric pleaded them.

“Both of us discussed about it. Cause you will be taking over the company in the future, I don’t want any news about you title Eric Mun, CEO of GM Company is a gay. How can I tolerate such news? You should know that this will affect our reputation and image badly.” Eric’s father tried to stop Eric from asking further, but of course, he failed.

“So? Dad. I can give up on the CEO position. It’s not like I can’t live without it! But I can’t live with my lover. How will you feel if your parents separate the two of you? I guess you wouldn’t want it to happen too right?” Eric raised his voice; he can’t stand his parents any more.

            He walked out of the room and slammed the door, leaving his parents speechless in there, he never once done this. But this time was really too much. He was walking to the main door and he saw JunJin and Hyesung coming in hand in hand again.

“Oh! Hyung, where are you going?” JunJin tried to ask his hyung, but Eric just walked out of the house after grabbing one of the car keys that’s on the shoe cabinet.

“Should I go check him out, Sung-ah?” Jinnie called Hyesung who is still looking at the figure that just went out.

“Maybe I should go instead of you. Can I?” Hyesung asked for JunJin’s permission before going to Eric.

“Sure. I will be here waiting. Come back as soon as possible, okay?” JunJin replied when his face got closer to Hyesung’s and kissed his cheek.

            Hyesung nodded and walked out of the main door, he saw Eric headed into the car, he immediately ran to the side with the front passenger seat and open the door.

“Eric.” Hyesung called.

“What.” Eric was irritated, sounding pissed. But when he turn around and saw that the person was Hyesung he immediately apologized, “Sorry, I didn’t know it’s you.”

“Is okay.” Hyesung gave his replied as he took his seat.

“Why are you here?” Eric asked while driving out of the car park in his house.

“Talk to you of course.”

“Why you?”

“Knowing that you wouldn’t tell JunJin anything and he will not believe you if you said that you’re fine. If I am the one who ask you, at least I know want happened and I’m able to help you cover.”

“Pilkyo-ah. Don’t be so good to me, although I still love you, but I was the jerk that left you alone to deal with everything by yourself.”

“Stop it, tell me what happened.”

“Had a quarrel with my parents just now.”

“Wae?” Hyesung turned to looked at the guy driving, knowing something is wrong because Eric respect his parents a lot, and will not let them worry about him.

“It’s about you of course, nothing will make me have a quarrel with them except you.”

“Why?” Hyesung’s tone was firmer this time.

“Long Story.” Eric refused to let him know the exact detail.

“Tell me, Eric-ah~” Hyesung pleaded with aegyo to soften Eric’s heart

            Seeing Hyesung acting with aegyo shocked Eric. It had been a long time since he last seen it. And in fact he had only seen it once or twice when Hyesung had a request.

“Okay… Can we go to a place and talk instead?”

“Sure~ But not too long.”

“Name a place.”

“My house. I need to get something anyway.”

“Where is your house?”

“I’m not telling you”

“Then how do I get there?” Eric asked the obvious question and Hyesung tsked him.

“Get out of the driver seat. I will drive instead.”

            Eric then exchanged seat with Hyesung, this is the first time Hyesung is driving him. For the whole journey, Eric was peeping at Hyesung from time to time. Well, coincidently, Hyesung too. When they found other the other person is looking at him they will reflect and look at a different direction.

“We’re here.” Hyesung told Eric.

“Woah~ Nice building here.”

“Of course. You know my taste.” Hyesung chuckled beautifully.

            The couple became silent again on the way up to Hyesung’s apartment. When they are in front of the door, Hyesung pressed the security code and opened the door.

“Welcome Eric~” Hyesung smiled at him.

“Thanks.” Eric walked in, and the first picture he saw in a picture frame in Hyesung’s house was a picture of him and JunJin together when they after celebrating Jinnie’s birthday.

            But Eric acted like he saw nothing and just walked in after removing his shoes. After knowing Eric for so long, he knew Eric saw the picture, and he felt sorry and weirdly a sense a guilt.

“Take a seat there, I will get a drink for you.” Hyesung instructed his guest and headed to the kitchen.

            Eric was looking around Hyesung’s apartment and found photos of him with Dongwan, Minwoo, Andy and, of course, JunJin. Eric was hoping that he will at least have one photo of him but sadly Hyesung doesn’t have any.

“What are you looking at?” Hyesung asked when he saw Eric looking around.

“The photos of you and the others.”

“Oh.” Hyesung answered while bring two cups of plain water to the living room, “sad that out of everything there is no photo of you?”

            Eric nodded immediately. “Although I know that it right that you shouldn’t have any picture of us, but somehow I just wish there’s at least one.”

“There used to be a few. But I kept it since I was with Jinnie.”

“Does he know about us truthfully?”

“Definitely no.” Hyesung assured Eric, “But he knows that I used to be in a relationship with someone and that someone dumped me. Just like that.”

“Oh.” Eric gave him a short reply that he seldom gives.

“So back to the topic why did you have a quarrel with your parents?”

“Because Jinnie is with you.”

“So?” Hyesung looked at Eric quizzically. “It’s is none of your business anyway right?”

“Yes. But it’s ironic.” Eric looked at Hyesung. Their eyes met.

“How?”

“You wanted to know why I left you right.”

            Hyesung nodded and he sensed something, “they are the reason?” and he got Eric’s nod as a reply.

“Such a coward.” Hyesung commented after seeing Eric’ reply, and earning a glare from Eric.

“That time when our teachers called them they were raging. They couldn’t believe it. So they ordered me to end our relationship and leave America. At first, I thought that’s the best way for me and you, since we talked about this topic before. So that time I was stupid and retarded to agree with it. I thought it was they are concern for me and want me to lead a normal life like other.”

            Hyesung looked at Eric, who is on the verge of breaking down,  knowing that he came a long way before being able to say this.

“But just now when I questioned them why they allowed you and Jinnie together, they said that they are fine with it. And when the reason he made me leave you was I’m gonna be the CEO of the company some day, he doesn’t want the company  or the future CEO to have a bad reputation or image. It’s just ridiculous.” Eric gave up and laid his back on the sofa.

“And do they know I’m Steve?”

“Yea. I told them just now.”

“oh… Can you please make sure they don’t tell Jinnie about it?”

“Sure. I will tell them when I get home.”

“Eric.” Hyesung called, “Why exactly are you still in love with me?”

“Steve. There’s no exact reason of why I still love you. It’s just that my love for you never fades ever since the day we are together. Even the day when I told you we are over.” Hyesung heard Eric and he felt like crying. He felt like he just betrayed Eric.

“I’m sorry for not continuing to love you Eric-ah”

“Is okay. I don’t expect you to continue to love me after me leaving you.” Eric smiled at Hyesung, assuring him that it is okay.

“You made me feel so…” Hyesung looked down on the floor. “I don’t know what to say.”

“Haha~ It’s okay. You will keep this from Jinnie right?”

“Of course.”

“Hyesung.” Eric called him and Hyesung looked up. “I know this is a bit thick-skinned. But is there a possibility of us getting back together?”

“To be honest, I’m also not sure.” Hyesung shrugged his shoulder and continued, “But I don’t know why every time I see you, my heart flutters. I felt the feeling I had when I was with you. But to be really honest with you, my mind asks me to forget you, but my heart doesn’t allow me to.”

            Hyesung continued, “I have a idea why I accept JunJin that time. May be I was out of my mind back then.”

“Then, did you think about me recently?”

“I did. In fact, I spoke to Dongwan about you a few days ago before I announced my relationship with Jinnie. Dongwan was pissed off cause I was saying I still have feeling for you a few days back and the next moment I said I’m with Jinnie. A bit weird, but it’s the truth.”

“You still have feeling for me?” Hyesung nodded while looking outside of the window.

“So there’s a chance of me being together with you?”

“I really don’t know. But something you have to know is that I cannot break off with Jinnie. If I do that. I won’t be able to work in the company anymore.”

“Why?”

“The time when I became a part of the company I guess was before you left for America. That time I was Jinnie’s secretary. Now I’m the manager of the finance department partially because of Jinnie. And the people in the office are saying that I’m trying to make use of Jinnie after I get what I want. But that isn’t true.”

“When did it start?”

“Can’t really remember.” Hyesung frowned. “But it is around the time when I just started to be with Jinnie.”

“Oh.. Then I shouldn’t be a third party then, if not you will suffer again.”

“Is okay Eric. I suffered too much that my heart feels nothing now.”

“Ya! Don’t be so pessimistic! Does Jinnie know about it?”

“Nope. I didn’t and don’t intend to tell him. But the employees also keep their mouth shut cause they all know about his temper. If he knows about this, they all know the consequences.”

            Eric nodded. “I really don’t know what will happen if he knows about me leaving you. I guess he will hate me for life.”

“You weirdo. You just asked me not to be pessimistic and you yourself are being one now.” Hyesung scolded Eric.

“Opps~” and both of them chuckled together after a long time.

“But Ste-” Eric got interrupted by Hyesung, “call me Hyesung, not Steve”

“Sorry. But Hyesung,” Eric said the name awkwardly. “I really want to be with you.”

            Hyesung kept quiet, not knowing what to do. Eric stood up and went over to sit before Hyesung. The younger on didn’t move, he stay in that position, eyes glued to the floor, finger intertwined together.

“Hyesung-ah” Eric called him sweetly. ‘He still makes my heart beat faster after a long time…’ Hyesung thought as he looked up at Eric.

            No words were exchanged, they just continued to look into each other eyes, communicating through their eyes. It just seems like they are exchanging memories when the other party wasn’t with him.

            Surprisingly, Hyesung took the first move. He gradually moved towards Eric’s face. Bit by bit their lips touched. They stayed there for a moment before Eric started to kiss the younger one fully. Enjoying the moment, it was Hyesung who asked for entrance instead of Eric, he used his tongue to the older’s lips. Eric moaned deeply as he open his mouth to allow Hyesung in.

            Eric’s hands made their way to Hyesung’s waist, pulling him closer. In no time, Hyesung was actually sitting on Eric’s lap. Hyesung hung his hands onto Eric’s neck like a koala bear. With their lips still together, Eric’s roamed around his ex’s back, touching every touchable part.

            They kept doing it until they pulled away due to the lack of oxygen. They looked into their eyes once again before they hugged each other, feeling each other deeply.

“I guess it’s time for us to go back.” Hyesung broke the silence.

            Eric nodded, “If not I think Jinnie will question you until you say the truth.

“Let’s go.” Hyesung smiled and kissed Eric’s forehead before getting out of the older one’s embrace and fix his outfit.

           Hyesung reached his hands out to grab Eric’s hands and pull him up and help him fix his attire. “I forgive you, don’t ever say sorry to me again.”

            Corners of Eric’s lips curled up and he immediately hugged Hyesung tightly.

            They made their way out, hand in hand, and to Eric’s car, then to his home.

 

[To Be Continued]

-------------------

Back with another short chapter. 

I felt like I made Hyesung the bad kid here! >< (sry! to Hyesung Lover, although I'm one too~ keke)

Enjoy the story! and please give you comment! ^^