The Past II

A mistake from the start

 

Reality (5 years ago)

[ERIC POV]

 

Drops of water fell onto Eric’s hand. Please don’t rain now… The guy raised his head up and another drop landed on his skin. Why am I so unlucky?  He leaned back helplessly and thought of his past. Just then, rain began to fall, the sound of it make Eric felt like crying.

What? Am I dreaming? Something blocked the rain from landing on him, but he still can see the drops of rain falling in front it him. What’s happening?

“Take this.” Someone voiced out. “I don’t want to see someone being sick”

“I don’t need it. Leave me alone.” Eric recognized the voice of the person.

“Don’t be a bastard Eric.”

“Stop swearing. I need some time by myself. So can you leave me here?”

“No.” The short answer from his friend shocked him. “Get into my car now or I will stay here with you. You can be alone but after I send you home.”

What’s wrong with minu? He has never been like this before, even when I throw my anger at him.

“Fine. You promised to leave after I go back home right?”

“Yes. Now get into my car” Minwoo threw back coldly.

Minwoo grabbed Eric’s hand and they walked to Minwoo’s car. During the ride, none of them spoke. Not wanting the other one know what is in his mind.  

 

***

 

[Minwoo POV]

 

A while more, Minwoo. Hold it in.

“You’re here. Call me when you reach home. Using you house phone.” Minwoo ordered Eric.

“Okay.”

“Make sure you pick up your phone when I call you next time. I called you almost a hundred times just now.”

“I will Minwoo. Stop nagging at me, you know I hate it.” Eric got out of the car and waved at his friend.

“Finally. I almost died just now. Lucky I managed to hold it back. If not I can’t imagine Eric pestering me like a child.” Minwoo spoke to himself.

“OH! I have to go back to my café!” Minwoo snapped.

He drove back to his café to find his boyfriend and someone….

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“You are back?” Dongwan voiced out. “We helped you to clean and close the café already.” Dongwan told Minwoo while cleaning his counter.

“What about my employees? You ask them to leave too?”

“Ya. Can’t you see what time is it now? Do you expect them to leave at this time and come back to work at 8am the next day?” Another voice stated.

Minwoo checked his watch and realized it was already close to 11pm.

“Opps! I didn’t realize it is this late already. My bad.” Minwoo sat down on the couch and his lover walked towards him and sat down beside him.

“So. What made you came back?” Minwoo threw the question at the feminine looking guy who is sitting opposite him.

“I can’t comeback to visit my friends?” The guy spoke sarcastically.

“Ignore him Hyesung-ah. He’s being childish again.” Dongwan interrupted. “And of course you can! I missed you!”

Dongwan ran over to Hyesung and gave him a hug. “I’m sorry for not being to have a chat with you just now!”

“haha! Is okay~ I know that you are busy. Before your boyfriend gets jealous of me you better go back to your seat.”

“But I prefer this seat more!” Dongwan joked and the two males laughed together while Minwoo just glared at the two of them.

“Let’s get back to topic you two.” Minwoo told the other two.

“Okay boss!” They voiced in unison.

“So why are you back? The real reason Hyesung.” Minwoo’s voice became serious.

“I finished my college studies and decided to come back to Korea.”

“Have you decided on what to do?” Dongwan asked while walking to Minwoo.

“Nope. Shortage of ideas you see.”

“Do you want to help me out in the café for now? Since you are so free and my café is in need.” Minwoo offered Hyesung.

“Sure~ If you welcome me!”

“Of course I will!” Dongwan shouted and giggled after finishing his sentence.

“Hyesung-ah.” Minwoo called. “Why did you ask me to look for him?”

“I didn’t ask you to look for him. I told you that he won’t be heading home and it’s going to rain soon.” Hyesung denied.

“Stop lying Hyesung. I know you well.” Minwoo tore Hyesung’s mask apart. “You still can’t forget him. Your heart still wants him.”

After I finished what I wanted to say, Hyesung dropped his head. “Ya. See what you did again?” My boyfriend whispered to me. “Why do you always hurt people with your words?”

“I didn’t mean it.” I pouted.

“Hyesung-ah.” Dongwan jumped towards him. “Don’t feel hurt. You know Minwoo don’t mean it. He just wants you to stop lying to yourself.”

“I know.” Hyesung sniffed. “I want to stop myself too. But it is too hard, the harder I try the harder it gets.” After finishing Hyesung hugged Dongwan very tightly.

Dongwan hugged the younger man and pat his back. “I know its hard Sung-ah. You have only two choices. One, forget him, endure all the pain and move on. Or Find him and confess about your feelings. This is just to you to choose.” Dongwan told Hyesung.

“Sunggie. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it.” I apologized.

Hyesung didn’t say anything, he keeps sobbing in the arms of Dongwan. Dongwan looked at me and signal me to leave the place. I nodded and walked out of my café.

 

***

 

[Author POV]

 

Minwoo wandered off the park where Eric was at just now. He sat down at the same spot as Eric. He stared at the moon. ‘Why is fate being like this? To the couple who truly love each other.’ Minwoo thought.

He was the only one who knew the whole situation. It’s hard knowing everything because he doesn’t know what can solve all the problems. He is stuck between the couple…

“Minwoo-ah.” Someone pat him shoulders and dragged him back to reality. “You know I’m not angry with you right?” Minwoo tilted his head and found that person pouting at him. He just nodded and they hugged each other under the moon light.

“I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean it that way.” Minwoo explained.

“I know~” Hyesung chuckled, “You’ve always been like that. Sort of used to it already.”

Minwoo pulled back and lifted the side of his lips. “Where’s Dongwan?”

“Over there.” Hyesung pointed at the car along the road. “Let’s go. You won’t want him to wait for us~”

“How did you figured out I was here?” Minwoo was curious.

“Thanks to me the genius!” Hyesung joked and winked at Minwoo.

“Omo! I didn’t know Jung Pilkyo was that smart.”

“Lee Minwoo!” Hyesung pushed his head, “I’m smarter than you alright! And don’t call me by my real name! Especially in front of you-know-who.”

“Are you two done with your talking?” Dongwan nagged. “I’m bored!”

“Yes!” The other two shouted and ran to the car.

Dongwan drove Hyesung back to his apartment and then to his own one together with Minwoo.

“Minu-ah. What are you planning to do to the both of them?”

“Not pretty sure about it yet. Still thinking of something.”

“Oh. Make sure you tell me about it too.” Dongwan got out of the car and headed to his lobby, leaving Minwoo alone again. He drove back to his apartment and fell asleep on his couch when he reached home.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Yeoboseyo?” Hyesung muttered.

“Are you free now?” Dongwan ask over the phone.

“Sort of.” Hyesung rubbed his eyes.

“Can you come over to Minwoo’s café and help him? One of his waiters fell sick.”

“Sure! Give me some time to get there. I just woke up.” Hyesung got of his bed and went to the kitchen. “Dress well and don’t be shock when you get here.” Dongwan hinted Hyesung.

“What?” Hyesung frowned.

“You will know as soon as you get here. Bye” Dongwan ended the call.

“What’s wrong with Dongwan nowadays? Must have been Minwoo that bastard who made my Dongwan like that. I missed my old naggy Dongwan also known as my irritating roommate.” Hyesung giggled at his choice of words and gulped down a mouthful of ice water.

He the music player while preparing himself for the rest of the day. He hummed to a song that had accompanied him for the past few days. A song filled with all his memories.

“Let’s check if I leave anything behind.” Hyesung spoke to himself while digging through his bag pack to make sure he has everything he needs. “All checked, let’s go hyesung!” He cheered happily to himself.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Hyesung found an empty lot at the car park opposite Minwoo’s café and decided to walk over.

“Hey Dongwan!”  Hyesung greeted his friend with a wide grin.

“Hey” Dongwan gave Hyesung a high-five and hugged him. “What took you so long? We delayed the opening time because of you!”

“Opps!  I’m sorry! Plus I told you I just woke up when you called me just now right?”

“Really?” Dongwan was searching through him memory, trying to recall the moment. “Maybe I missed it. I was too busy organizing the café just now.”

“Where’s minu?” Hyesung left his bag in the cabinet below the cashier and got his apron from Dongwan.

“He..” Dongwan hesitated. “He went to fetch a friend of his.”

“Ohh. Can you help me with this?” Hyesung pointed to his apron, asking Dongwan to tie it for him.
“Sure. The café is opening in around 20 minutes. Meanwhile, I will have to teach you what you need to know.” Dongwan told Hyesung about his plan for the next 20 minutes.

In the short 20 minutes, Dongwan took Hyesung around the café wanting him to get use to it. He also summaries the process of taking orders to serving and more.

“And you are done my prince!” Dongwan patted Hyesung’s back.

“Wooh! That’s a lot to know” Hyesung dropped onto the couch. “I didn’t know being a waiter was this hard.”

“Of course, what do you think?” Dongwan raised his eyebrow.

He then stood up to the café door to turn the sign from “Closed” to “Open”. “Café is now open! Please do your best and Fighting!” Dongwan shouted and the employees smiled. All readied for the day.

The café was soon filled with customer buzzing in and out waiting for seats. Hyesung, Dongwan and all the employees were all busy with their roles and none of them relaxed even for a moment. Time flew and it was in the afternoon, and the café was almost empty with no one except for the workers.

“I will close the café for a while. Lunch break for 30 minutes for everyone!” Dongwan instructed the employees. “So get your lunch and refreshed yourself! All of you worked hard for the past few hours.”

Hyesung lay on the couch and checked his phone. “Phew. This is hard.” He mumbled. “Why did I choose to help?”

“Cause I asked you to.” Dongwan answered him.

“Oh ya. I have forgotten about it.”

“Do you want lunch?” Dongwan offered.

“Nah, I will become a monster when I eat and you know, I won’t stop after I start.” Both of them laughed at Hyesung’s words.

“Yea. I should forbid you to eat!”

“Ya! You can’t do that! I helped you, you should treat my something or maybe pay me!”

The taller guy grumbled.

“I will definitely! How about tonight?”

“Sure!” Hyesung did his upper cut and jumped, “Kim Dongwan is treating me like finally!”

Dongwan shook his head and checked his phone.

“Wannie! I’m here” Someone voiced.

All the eyes focused onto the person.  When Hyesung looked at the person he can’t help to be shocked, his senses were asking him to do something else. ‘I need to do something. Oh my Hyesung! Think of something!’ He mentally screamed and quickly took out his phone then stared at it as if something in his phone shocked him.

“You are finally back. After the crowd is gone!” Dongwan pouted.

“I’m sorry! You will have to blame this guy!” Minwoo pushed all the blame to Eric.

“Ya! I’m sorry then.” Eric spoke for the first time after entering the café and Hyesung gasped. The man’s voice still makes his flutter after a few years.

“Have a seat there Eric.” Minwoo offered. Hyesung looked up, sending Minwoo a death glare.

“Is there a problem? If you’re uncomfortable I can bring a chair here to sit instead.” Eric questioned Hyesung.

“It’s okay..” Hyesung’s voice seemed so weak in front of his ex. “Just take a seat here.”

‘Why are you doing this to me’ Hyesung mouthed to Minwoo.

The volume of a ringtone increase gradually, “Oh. It’s my phone. Excuse me for a while.”

That guy has the same ringtone as him’ Eric pondered, knowing that he shouldn’t think of him.

Hyesung walked to the kitchen and answered the call but realized that it had ended already. He checked the caller id, it appeared to be Dongwan.

“Thank you Dongwan. You saved my life!” Hyesung cheered to himself.

---

To: Wannie

Wannie! Thank you for saving my life, I love you! Muacks! :*

Syung~

---

Dongwan’s phone vibrated and Minwoo grabbed it before the owner gets his hands on it. After seeing Hyesung’s message Minwoo glared at his boyfriend and mouth ‘Why’.

His boyfriend leaned closer to him and whispered, “He’s my bepeu. I don’t want to see him being hurt once again. I’m sorry if it ruined your plan.”

*Coughs*

“Oh. I’m sorry Eric!” Minwoo apologized and the couple was brought back to Earth.

Hyesung stole a glance at the three of them from the kitchen door. ‘Why is Minwoo doing this to me’ he pondered, trying to figure out why his friend was doing this to him. ‘Is Minwoo gonna tell him the truth, whatever it is I still have to face him sooner or later. The faster you overcome it, it will become less painful.’

Hyesung walked out of the kitchen while looking for gold on the floor.

“Ouch!” Hyesung fell on his . “Are you alright?” The man who bumped into him asked.

“I’m fine. It just hurt a bit.” The younger man rubbed his fore arm while standing up.

            After Hyesung stood up, Eric just walked off to the washroom. It left the other three staring at him and speechless as they all know he doesn’t act like that.

“What’s with him?” Minwoo questioned.

“Who knows? We are not him.” Hyesung walked back to the counter and took his bag. “I’m sorry guys. I can’t stay here any longer. Hope you will understand.”

            Dongwan skipped towards Hyesung and gave him a hug. He whispered something into his ear and smiled after that, he said what he has always wanted to say to Hyesung.

“Bye Minu!” Hyesung bid farewell to his friend and left the café.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Why does he seem like someone I know? Everything about him gave me an impression of him.” Eric pondered.

            Eric was very confused with the identity of the man. He started to be curious about him especially after the feeling he got when the man was just right in front of him. The thing that triggered his memories was the familiar smell of that guy.

 

*Flashback*

“Eric!” a voice called his name causing him to stop his step. “Wait for me!”

“Hey!” He turned around and realized it was the guy he likes.

“Where are you going?” Steve stood in front of Eric smiling like an idiot, showing his friend that he is very pleased to see him here.

“I’m going home” Eric signaled him and they walked down the road together. “What about you?” the taller man added.

“Heading home too! Are you walking home? Where do you stay? Can we walk together?” Steve fired a series of questions to Eric. This made Eric shocked as he didn’t know this guy could actually speak so fast.

“I’m walking home Steve. If not I wouldn’t be here right?” Eric smiled. “Sure, I would love to walk together with you. As for where I stay, I don’t feel like revealing it.”

“Oh.” Steve didn’t expect this answer from him.

*Sound of Thunder*

This made Steve jumped and he hugged Eric immediately. “You’re scared of thunder?”

The shorter man nodded against Eric’s shoulder.

“I think we should get under a shelter. It seems like it’s going to rain any time.” Eric suggested and took a step back.

“Do you mind coming to my house?” Steve invited him. “I don’t want to be alone.” The guy’s cheeks redden and were embarrassed.

“I won’t mind but is there anyone at your house currently?” Eric grabbed Hyesung’s hand and pulls him under the bus stop.

“I lived alone Eric.”

“Oh, I thought you are staying with your parents”

“I’m here by myself. My family is all in Korea.”

‘Interesting’ Eric thought. “Should we get going before rain begins to fall?”

“Sure! Let’s go!”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The downpour began right after the couple stepped into Steve’s apartment.

“Lucky we were fast! If not we’ll be drench!” Eric tried to start a conversation.

“Totally!” Steve replied while he jumped onto his swing at the corner of his living room.

            When Eric stepped into the apartment, it gives him a sense of warmth. A sense of welcoming. The most important part is the scent here smells just like Steve. Eric couldn’t deny that he starts to fall for him even more.

“Come over here Eric!” Steve called for Eric to have a seat on his couch.

*Flashback Ends*

 

“I guess this is just my illusion. I need to stop.” Eric scolded himself.

            After giving his handsome face a wash then headed out. Once he was out of the washroom, he realized that guy was gone.

“Where did your friend went to?” Eric was curious.

“He had something on, so he left first. He apologized for not being able to stay longer.” Dongwan lied in order to cover Hyesung.

‘Dongwan seems to be unnatural.’

“Dongwan-ah, are you still in contact with Steve?” Eric asked out of a blue. The couple was shocked and stared at him. “Don’t stare at me like that.”

“Why did you suddenly bring him up again?” Dongwan gulped.

“I will leave you two here to talk.” Minwoo left the two at the place while he went to the counter to settle some issues.

“Nothing much actually. The thoughts of him just came suddenly and I’m curious how he is doing.”

“Don’t worry much about him. He is doing quite well now.” Eric was relieved to hear that his used-to-be is doing well now.

“Is he still in America? Does he have a lover now?”

“I’m not really sure about that. He said he might be coming back and I haven’t spoken to him for the past few days, hence I’m not sure about it. About the lover thing, it’s his privacy. If you really want to know, I suggest you to ask him yourself.” Dongwan replied all at once and added something at the end.

            Eric thanked Dongwan for telling him so much and he was tired after all the question and memories coming back to him. He has to get some rest. He told Minwoo he needs some rest and then headed back home.

            After he left, the couple was left in the café all alone (all the employees are out for lunch). The two of them discussed how to handle this situation and they came to a conclusion of not able to help Eric and Hyesung. In the end, the ending will be up to the two to decide how they want it to be.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            Hyesung walked out of the café and headed to the car park opposite.  He was dazing out. He was thinking of the beautiful memories he shared together with Eric. Those times when they are together. Although both of them are men but it made a lot of people, including both gender, jealous of their relationship. Until the extent of the school called both of their parents. That’s when all the tragic starts.

            Hyesung’s parents were fine with their relationship but that’s not the case for Eric’s parents. They objected their relationship and want Eric to leave Hyesung at that point of time. Eric was innocent, filial, he always listened to his parents. Even when his one and only love is on the line, he still listened to his parents. This was something that Eric never wanted him to know. Hence, he vowed to keep this from his lover as long as he is able to.

            Hyesung sat in the driver seat of his car, think about what Dongwan told him.

            Don’t do something that you will regret for life. Think about it Hyesung-ah, I hope you will make the right decision. I love you.

“Why? Why is fate doing this to me? Was it wrong to love him?” Hyesung finally broke down after two surprised meeting with his ex. He rested his head on the steering wheel, tears streamed down his beautiful face making it glow.

 

*Flashback*

            With the sound of the last bell, the day in school finally ended. The couple met each other like what they have always done and headed to Hyesung’s apartment together.

            Eric took Steve’s hand, “My love…” This made Steve looked at his lover. Their eyes met, both filled with passion, lust, desire. “Yes?”

“I have something to tell you later” Eric tried to lift his voice, to prevent Steve from being suspicious of what is about to happen. “What is it about?” The corner of Steve’s lips curved up, he was happy that Eric is gonna tell him something.

            On the way home, Steve kept searching his mind for ideas, of what Eric is gonna tell him. Unknowingly, he smiled to himself. Eric slid his arms around Steve’s waist, “What are you think about, My love? You seem like you are very happy about something.” With Steve’s handsome face and pretty smile, he had forgotten all the problems he had for a short moment.

“It’s nothing~” The younger one sang.

            ‘It’s nothing… I wish it could be like that too…’ Eric prayed in his heart

            When they reach Steve’s apartment, Eric carried Steve in bridal style to their bedroom and both of them sat in the middle of their bed.

“Ric-ah~ What are you going to tell me? I’m so excited about it! You never once said you want to tell me something beforehand” Hyesung was really elated about it, his face was filled with happiness.

“Are you sure you are excited about it?” Eric wants to confirm, he didn’t want Steve to be disappointed. He tried to calm him down before breaking the news to him.

“Of course! It is something from my love. I will definitely be excited as long as it is from you!”

            Eric sighed, “Kyo-ah…” He took his lover’s hand and showered kisses onto it. With a tear forming slowly at the corner of his right eye.

“Why? What happened my love?” Steve noticed that Eric’s face fell, and also Eric never called Steve by his birth name unless it was something serious. He looked sad and the glaring part was the tear that was forming. “Why are you crying?” Seeing his lover cry made him felt like crying too.

“I’m sorry my love.” Eric apologized, leaving Steve speechless. “Why?” Steve threw the question back at Eric.

“Tell me what happened Eric-ah. I don’t want to see you cry. It makes me feel like cry too.” The younger one wiped the tears which were dripping down from his boyfriend’s face. He then hugged him like a teddy bear. Eric was held tightly by Steve, his boyfriend smoothed him by roaming his hand around the older one’s back.

            Eric pulled back and looked deeply into Steve’s eyes before moving forward to capture Steve’s lips for the last time. The kiss was filled with sorrow. Even Steve is able to feel it, he knew something bad is going to come. He tried to focus on the kiss to enjoy every single moment with Eric. They were doing everything like it will be the last time. Steve trail his long, slender fingers along Eric’s hair, Eric ing his tongue into Steve’s hot cavern, touching each other as if it is the end of the world.

            For a moment Eric stopped, but their lips were still stick together.

“Pilkyo-ah” He sighed, “It’s over… It’s over between us” Eric finally said it and he wrapped his hands around Steve making sure that he is still okay.

……………………………………………………

[To Be Continued]

 

 

---------------------

Sorry for being able to update for such a long time! ><

Been stuck for quite some time for some parts.. T-T

Having my 1 month break now~ and i will try to update as much as possible~~~

Have not read through this chapter yet, so forgive me for my mistakes! TT

Hope you will like this chapter! :D

SHINHWA FIGHITNG~ WE LIVEEEEEE FOR THIIIIIIIIS LOVEEEEE!~~~

Do subscribe, comment! Pleaseeee give me some suggestions, ideas and advice!

(I hereby apologize for my poor English as well as lack of vocabulary!)

 

From,

EmeryyL

 

[ EDITED: I vet through the chapter and updated it alrdy, sry to those who had already read it. Some really unforgivable mistakes in it >< SORRY! TT ]