Unable to Move On

A mistake from the start

 

                Within 2 days, Eric’s world just crumpled down into pieces. Unable to be brought back together.  Everything came all of a sudden, when he finally came to know the truth another crazy thing hit him.

“Minwoo…” Eric called the person beside me. “Can you live me here for a while?”

“If that’s what you want…” The shorter guy paused and continued, “Then fine. Do you still want him to come over?”

“5 minutes later, call him over, okay?”

“Sure, good luck bro.” Minwoo patted Eric’s shoulder and headed out of the room.

            Eric sat on the sofa, with his elbows on his knee, hands engulfing his head. All these were just too much for him.

‘This is… even worse than leaving him… What is wrong with me? I’m back to work and help, not to remorse over such things… Eric Mun, why are you so weak to him?’

The silence remained till around 5 minutes later; sounds of the door knocking came.

“May I?” The voice asked, from the short question Eric recognized the owner.

“Come in.” The door opened carefully soundlessly. The sound was deafening to Eric. He hates it.

“E…ric?” Hyesung was shocked. “When are you back here?” His voice was trembling.

“This morning.” The guy on the sofa answered coldly.

“Why?”

“To prove something. And to me surprise you found another person.”

“How..did…you..kn..ow?”

“From Minwoo. Now shut the door and come over here.” Eric ordered the younger guy, and without reflecting Hyesung just followed it like it’s a routine.

            Hyesung sat on the sofa next to the one Eric was sitting on, silent remained.

“How are you with him?” Eric was curious about his ex with his stepbrother.

“Doing very well. I guess you must be happy that I found another person right?” Hyesung peeped at the guy and look onto the coffee table.

“Yea, I hope so too.” Eric spoke ironically.

“What do you mean?” This time Hyesung look at his face for a while. “You mean you are not happy? That shouldn’t be the case isn’t it? Since you abandoned everything and left me alone there with an empty heart.”

            Eric couldn’t but to admit that Hyesung is really slow at times.

“I’m not happy! Is this direct enough for you to understand?!” Eric scream at Hyesung, but the voice was filled with sorrow and thin.

            Hyesung replied, “Then why did you actually leave me?”

“You don’t need to know.”

“I have the rights Eric Mun! After 1 sentence, you left me there all by myself to continue with my studies. We both know that we can’t survive without each other why must you just leave after saying that we are over?!  After that I didn’t and can’t contact you, do you know how much me and my heart suffered because of you?” Hyesung lost himself, for the first time in front of Eric, tears uncontrollably dripped down from both of his eyes.

            Eric stood up and went to lock the door before walking to Hyesung and sat in front of him. Eric took the younger’s hand, held it tight and hugged him. “I’m sorry for leaving you there, I was forced to.”

            Hyesung pushed him away, “Don’t use such lame excuses. You are just finding excuse to make me forgive you. Never. It will never happen.” Eric wrapped his arms around Hyesung, the weaker one struggled in the embrace of the stronger one. But he stopped after a while knowing that he is only wasting energy.

“So what do you want now? After coming back and ruin my life all over again.” Hyesung said in between his sobs

“I want.” Eric tone was dead serious, “you.”

            Hyesung shivered. “You know you can never get me back. I’m with Jinnie.”

“So? If I say it he will have to do it.”

“What.. do you mean by that?” Hyesung questioned, unable to understand Eric’s words.

“I have a higher position than him in the company. Moreover… He is my stepbrother.”

            After hearing Eric’s words, Hyesung stopped breathing. He couldn’t believe it. None of his friends or JunJin told him that Eric and Jinnie are brother. For the whole 3 years, he felt like everything is hidden from his sight.

“Are you okay? Kyo-ah” Eric whispered into Hyesung’s ears.

“No…” Hyesung started crying again. “You mean he is your stepbrother? Why didn’t anyone tell me about it? If I ever knew about it, I will not be in a relationship with him.”

“Now knowing this, seeing him will be like seeing you…” Hyesung continued. “Why? Eric, why? Why must you come back and mess up my life once again?” Hyesung brought his hands up to hit Eric’s chest weakly.

            Eric tighten his embrace, “I’m really sorry pilkyo-ah”, now its Eric turn to tear. “I didn’t mean it. I’m supposed to come back, I will still know about it sooner or later…”

            Hyesung unknowingly moved his hands to Eric’s back and started to smooth him.

            Both of them missed each other too much… Although the time was short but that were the best memories they have.

“I need you… kyo-ah” Eric pleaded, for the first time in his adult life, he begged someone.

“We can’t Eric… I’m with Jinnie. If I leave him like how you did to me, I will lose everything. I can’t. Really. Please understand me Eric-ah.” Hyesung finally calmed down but Eric was still crying like a baby, wetting Hyesung’s blazer.

“Shh.. Eric-ah. Stop crying.” Hyesung shushed the older one. “Stop being like a baby. You have to accept it. I overcome it , so can you.”

            Eric kept hugging Hyesung, refuse to let go of his used-to-be lover.

“Pilkyo-ah..” Eric called sadly.

“Yes?” Hyesung patted Eric’s back at the same time.

“Please… I really need you…” Eric cried even louder. “You don’t how I suffered alone for the last 3 years in America. The apartment I lived in was our apartment. Do you know how hard it is to live in there without you by my side? Seeing every corner of the house reminds me of you, many times I have thought of moving out. But in the end I still decide to stay there, cause I don’t want you to disappear from my memories, I don’t want my love for you to fade away.”

            Hyesung was shocked once again, Eric actually lived in that used-to-be  theirs apartment for 3 whole year. Hyesung couldn’t even stand an hour in there, that’s why he requested to stay with Dongwan. The younger one was surprise how strong his ex is to actually stay in there.

“Eric, I can’t even live that for an hour. How did you live in there for 3 years?”

            Eric pulled back and wiped his tears. Uncontrollably, Hyesung cupped Eric’s face with his hands and wiped his tears with his thumbs.

“Every day the same routine repeats itself. Just thinking our memories and you. Nothing else.”

“So.. you still love me?”

“Yes. I do and I will continue forever. No matter what happens.”

“Eric..” Hyesung called out guiltily. “Please, I beg you, stop now. I don’t want to see you hurting yourself even more.”

“Come back to me… Or I will make you live with guilt for the re-” A knock cut Eric’s sentence.

“Anyone in there?” A voice came.

            The couple in the room recognized the voice very well. It’s JunJin. The two of them started to get nervous. Know that the person right outside cannot know about the two of them. They quickly pull back from each other, adjusted their attire and of course, wiping their tears off.

“Stay here and act liked we had been talking about him.” Eric whispered to Hyesung before walking to unlock the door.

“Hi Jinnie!” Eric greeted his brother with a smile.

“Hyung! When did you come back?” JunJin hugged his hyung and saw Hyesung on the sofa looking at them. “Sung-ah, when are you here?” Then the trio, including Minwoo went to the sofa to have a chat together.

“I was cleaning the room when Eric-ssi came.” Hyesung lied and Eric really hates it when Hyesung used formality on him.

“Ohh~” Jinnie hummed and went to sit beside Hyesung, arms automatically slip around Hyesung’s waist.

            Eric totally saw the whole thing and his face fell immediate. Minwoo elbowed him slightly to signal him Jinnie is there.

“Hyung, don’t you want to go back home to see appa and umma? They really missed you!” Jinnie asked Eric.

“Oh sure. I guess it’s time for me to go back home too. After so much things.” Hyesung and Minwoo eyed him while JunJin just suggested to get home now.

            The four of them went down to the car park and parted their ways. Hyesung with JunJin and Eric with Minwoo. Minwoo helped to place Eric’s luggage in the boot and went to the driver’s seat.

“How was the talk?” Minwoo asked.

“What do you think?” Eric asked, to be true, he was just too lazy to answer him.

“If I know I do not have to ask you Eric.” Minwoo shot back to Eric.

“To my surprise, Hyesung doesn’t know that I’m Jinnie’s stepbrother.”

“Yup. Jinnie told us specifically not to tell him anything.”

“What? Jinnie said that? He knows about me and Hyesung?”

“I doubt so. He just don’t want to say too much about his family background I guess.”

“ohh.  Does uri appa and umma know about the two of them?”

“hm.. Yea…” Minwoo answered softly.

“What? Are you ing serious?” Eric stared at Minwoo. Unable to understand his parents. It was his parent who stepped into his and Hyesung’s relationship and broke them apart. Now they actually allowed JunJin to be with a guy!

“Yes I’m. They are quite supportive of it in fact.”

“What. They broke me and Hyesung apart because they can’t accept man-man relationship, now they allowed the two of them to be together?” With Eric’s rant they reached Eric’s house.

“Now stop it, we’re here, don’t let any of them hear it.” Minwoo warned Eric before he creates any trouble for any of them.

“Woah. That was fun” Eric changed his tone, forgetting about what he just ranted about moment ago.

            Eric stepped out of the house and was greeted by the servants and parents.

“Appa!” Eric shouted and ran towards his dad like a 5 years old kid.

“Welcome back Eric-ah! I missed you!” Eric’s umma welcomed Eric, and led him into the house.

“I miss you too umma!” Eric kissed her face.

“When JunJin called to say you are coming back, I immediately prepared the food you like the most. Do you want to have lunch now?”

“Can I get a shower first umma? I’m so smelly now.”

“Sure~ do it fast~”

            While the other three just followed Eric and his parents behind, with Junjin and Hyesung’s hands wrapping around each other‘s waist and Minwoo with his hands in his pocket.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

           Eric ran down to the dining table after finishing his shower and he saw all the other were there waiting for me.

“Faster hyung! I’m so hungry now!” JunJin rushed in hyung, and Eric felt jealous seeing his brother holding Hyesung’s hand.

”Araso! I’m here now! Let’s eat can we?” Eric cheered happily after getting into his seat.

            The meal was filled with laughter, no one noticed that Eric was actually feeling a little sadness in him because of Hyesung and Junjin.

            With a blink of an eye, the meal ended. JunJin drove Hyesung back to the company and Minwoo headed home instead.

            Leaving the parents and Eric at home, Eric couldn’t help it to ask his parents.

“Appa, umma. I have something to ask you. Can we go to the guestroom to talk?”

            The older couple looked at each other before turning to Eric and nodded their head.

            When they are at the guest room, Eric’s parents sat only the long couch and Eric just sat on a normal chair.

            “Appa, umma. Why did you break me and Steve apart because your couldn’t accept man and man relationship?” Eric paused and his umma wanted to say something. But Eric was faster by a second, “but now you actually allow JunJin to be in a man and man relationship? Are you bias to him?” Eric raised his voice a little.

 

[To Be Continued]

 

-------------------

 

Hello! Another update! but a short one this time!

Had a little free time so i decided to write anothe chapter~

Hope you like it! ^^ 

Please comment on it~ :D

ENJOY~~~