The Past I

A mistake from the start

 

5 years ago

“E-R-I-C! LOOK AT THAT PERSON” His friend exclaimed attracting the attention of the other customers. 

“YA! Can’t you lower you volume down minwoo-ah! Although this is your café you can’t disturb your  customers and attract their attention.”

The two men stared at each other, waiting for the other one to blink. “hahahha!  You lost again~~! Why are you so bad at this?” Eric chuckled after winning the game.

“Whatever you say.” Minwoo gave Eric the I don’t give care look. “You’re lucky I’m the owner of this café.”

“Why?” Eric looked pretty confused.

“If you are in other café laughing like a mad person, the customers will probably think that you have some mental problems and who knows? Maybe you might end up in a mental hospital” He stuck his tongue out after finishing his sentence.

Eric glared at Minwoo with the ‘childish’ look and continued to enjoy his cappuccino.

Minwoo continue ranting, showing off about his love. What he did during Valentines’ Day and what minwoo hate about him. Meanwhile, Eric just stared at the scenery outside of Minwoo’s café.

“Eric Mun! Can’t you listen to what I’m saying?”

“I’m listening…”

“Do you know that you actions and your words don’t match?”

“I know… Just continue talking.”

“Eric, you should go get someone too. Maybe you can be like last time again.” Eric’s heart shook with Minwoo’s last sentence.

“Then do you have anyone in mind for me?”

“There.” Minwoo replied using his eyes to tell Eric the direction.

            Eric looked over and dropped his mouth. So there’s someone who looked so alike. He looks so perfect… Wait! I’m normal!  Eric shook his head and turn back to Minwoo.

“Are you crazy? First, you know about my background and my past. Second, he is a customer that visits your café and how do you want me to approach him? Thir-”

“You’re gonna say I’m not a gay right?” Minwoo cut Eric off.

“Eric” Minwoo voice became serious. “You know that that’s nothing wrong being a gay. There are a lot of them out there. And you already have a perfect example right in front of you”

“I know…” Eric sounded like he is losing all his energy. “But it is me who can’t accept the fact that I’m still gay.”

“Is it you? Or you parents?” Minwoo questioned him.

            Eric just continued to stay silent .

            Both of them knew each other very well after meeting a almost a decade ago. They stayed there for a while more before Eric broke the silence.

“Sorry minu. I need to get going before the peak hour.” Eric gave a ridiculous excuse to escape from the situation. To which, Minwoo nodded his head.

            Minwoo’s eyes followed Eric out. And his thought ‘Eric-ah, don’t be like that. You’ll still have to accept the fact sooner or later. Why don’t you just stand up for yourself and face reality?’

Minwoo felt really sad seeing his best friend suffering like that.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            Eric was wandering around the district. He didn’t want to drive home yet. After lingering for a while he found himself at a park. He dragged himself to a bench and memories just flash across his mind like a film.

 

*Flashback*

It was during his high school days back in America when he realized it. The moment he sees that person he knew that he was the one. Eric was staring at him, not even moving a tiny bit, and he was so engross he didn’t even realize that person was actually walking toward him.

“hmm... Hi. May I know why are you staring at me?” Eric lifted his head, he froze, glaring at the feminine face in front of him. .

“It-is not you.” He stuttered. “It was the painting behind you that I was staring at”

“Oh! My bad! I thought you were staring at me” The stranger pouted and blushed.

            Oh my… why does he look so cute to me?

“It’s also my fault for being so engross…”

            The stranger walk to the empty seat beside Eric and sat down.

“Hi! My name is Steve! What about you?” Steve reached his hand out while smiling at Eric.

“Hi, I’m Eric.” Eric jumped a bit and then shook Steve’s hand.

“Do you like art too?” Steve spoke while looking at his book.

“Nope. In fact I hate it.”

“Really?!” Steve seems to be very shock by his statement.

“Yea. For once an art piece actually attracts my attention” He moved his sight from left to right, not wanting Steve to find out the truth.

“Why? You know art is very interesting! You know about th-”

Eric cut Steve off “Sorry Steve. But I have to leave now.”

“Oh, I should also leave now since it’s quite late already”

“Do you want to go back to the campus with me?” Eric offered Steve to walk back with him.

“Sure! Now I have someone to accompany me! Yayy!” Steve did an upper cut, shocking Eric.

He did know this quiet looking guy have such an image too.

           

The couple walked to the campus together, occasionally bumping into each other’s shoulder, talking about nonsense and studies. They exchanged their phone number before going back to their rooms.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

“Minu!” Eric dashed into the room and screamed at his younger roommate.

“What’s wrong with you? You never scream like this before.” Minwoo’s eyes still glued to his video game.

“Stop you game for a while and for once, listen to me, please.”

“Holy. What happen to you? You never said please to me before.” The younger man paused his game and turn to Eric. “Yea?”

“I think I’m in love” Eric blushed and felt like a teenage girl falling in love.

“HIM?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!”

“Don’t be like that minu-ah…” Eric looked down onto the floor. He should have expected this to happen.

             After Minwoo’s scream there was an awkward silence between the two of them.

“I’m sorry if this shocks you…” Eric said, breaking the silence.

“It’s nothing.”

“Really? You will still be my friend right? Even knowing that I am … a gay?”

“Of course! I’m your best friend and I will always be!” Minwoo assured Eric.

Eric chuckled, “Thank you!”

“So who’s that person who has stolen the heart of my handsome brother?”

“I will show you one day”

“Yah!” Minwoo shouted at Eric. While Eric just giggled and walk back to his room.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            After their first meeting at the library, Eric went there every day, without fail, to try his luck. But sadly Steve didn’t visit the place for the past few days.

“Where is he?” Eric muttered to himself. He looked around and he face was enlightened. It’s Steve! He’s finally here!!

At the same time Steve spotted Eric too.

“Hey Eric” The skinny man walked towards Eric.

“Yo!” Eric pulled out a chair for him. “Steve. I didn’t see you for the past few days, what happened to you??”

“Ahh.. It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it”

“Tell me what happen~~~ Pleaseee~” Eric acted cute which cause Steve to laugh at him cute act.

“I was down with high fever for the past few days.”

“Oh my. Are you okay? Does anywhere hurt?” He seems like a possessive boyfriend.

“Relax Eric! I’m perfectly fine now! Or else I won’t be here right?” The younger man winked.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            They proceed on to chat about their life, studies and again nonsense.  Also, they made a promise that they will meet each day in the library so that they can study together.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Alright Eric, I have to go.” Steve started to pack his stuffs getting ready to leave.

“So early?” Eric pouted.

“Yea, I have to meet my friend to discuss on a project for our assessment. I’m sorry chin-gu.”

“Friend? Who’s that may I know who is he or maybe she?”

“It’s a he. I knew him since I was very young so we are very close.”

“Oh…” Eric looked at his book, his soul almost drifted away.

“Bye chin-gu!” Steve waved at his friend and walked off.

            Why does he give me a weird feeling? Do I have a certain feeling for him? And does he have the same feeling too? Steve threw himself a lot of questions at once. “I don’t think so right…” He shook his head.  The younger man went off to his friend’s room and concentrated on their project.

 

*Flashback Ends*

……………………………………………………

[To Be Continued]

 

 

---------------------

Updated with a new chapter! Hope you will like it.

It seems to be messy to me >.

I will first apologize to you for the slow updates later on, due to my exams T-T (I hate them!!!)

And yea, I’m in the midst of having my mid-year exams.

Shinhwa is finallyyyyy gonna have their comeback! SO EXCITED!!! :D I bet a lot of you are excited too right? ^-^

Please subscribe, comment and give me some advice!

Thank you! <3