Coming Back

A mistake from the start

“Eric, what happened to you?” Minwoo asked the guy lying on the bed motionlessly. “Why didn’t you tell me anything?”

“How am I supposed to answer to your parents now?” Minwoo stared at him, not really sure of what to do.

            Minwoo walked out of Eric’s room and punched Dongwan’s number. Dongwan answered his call by the fourth ring.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Dongwan-ah.”

“Oh, yes? Is there anything wrong? You don’t sound good.”

            Minwoo let out a sigh before answering Dongwan, “It’s about Eric.”

“What about him again?”

“He fainted.” He paused, “And I brought him to the hospital.”

“Then?”

“I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do now.”

“Call his parents? Why did he faint?”

“Not really sure too. The doctor refused to say anything. I will call later then.”

“What? What’s wrong with the doctor?” Dongwan stuttered, “Should…should I tell...hye…Hyesung about this?”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. I doubt Eric wants Hyesung to see him like that.”

“Quite true… I will go down later okay?”

“Okay, sure. Bye” The couple ended the call with kisses.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Who’s that?” Hyesung asked while digging into his bowl of ramyeon which is full of sesames.

“It’s Minwoo.” Dongwan walked back to his seat at the dining table, “by the way I have to go out later.”

“Where are you going?”

“You don’t have to know~”

            Hyesung pouted and continued eating.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            Minwoo opened his eyes and tried to adjust to his surroundings. It was almost dawn and when he turned his head straight, he saw doctors and nurses rushing in and out of the room in front of him.

            It was Eric’s room.

            His instincts told him to get into the room quick. Before he could even see Eric, a taller guy stood in front of him.

“Are you related to him?” the guy spoke.

“I’m his best friend.”

“Are you Mister Lee Minwoo?” Minwoo answered by nodding.

“I’m afraid you have to call his family or anyone he is close to. He might not make it through the night. So prepare fo-”

“Wait. Tell me, what’s happening to him?”

“I’m sorry. I’m not allowed to tell you.”

“What do you meant by you are not allowed to tell me? What if something happen to him? How am I supposed to answer to his family?” Minwoo shouted at the guy who is Eric’s doctor-in-charge.

“The patient’s family or whoever related to him have the rights to know. However, this is the patient’s instruction. Not to tell anyone about his condition. I’m sorry.” The doctor walked away, and halted after a few steps.

“Mister Lee, I think you need to get a person called Steve down. Eric-ssi have been mumbling his name since the moment I got into the room just now.”

            Minwoo lifted his head. Steve. It’s Hyesung. At that time, Minwoo saw Eric’s face with the oxygen mask covering his nose and mouth. His face lost the color that it always had; he doesn’t look like the Eric he always knew.

            Minwoo knew he had to do things quick. He called Junjin to get his parents back from Jeju. And Minwoo punched Dongwan’s number again.

“Dongwan-ah”

“Yes? I’m going down now.”

“Wait.” Minwoo screamed into the phone. “Get Hyesung down with you.”

“Why? I thought we said not to tell him?”

“Just get him down. Eric may not make it already. Please.”

“Alright. I will speed down.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            The doorbell rang like a million times before Hyesung came to open the door.

“What’s wrong with you?” Hyesung was irritated.

“Go and change immediately. And get out of here with me.”

“Why? Why should I?” Hyesung refused to and took him time to the couch in his living room.

“Can you stop being like that? I will explain Hyesung, just go please. I beg you.”

“Tell me why now since you are going to tell me later anyway. And I can choose whether I want to or not after you tell me.”

“Eric’s dying! He is in the hospital now!” Dongwan shouted across.

            Dongwan heard quick steps in the house and the next minute, Hyesung was out in presentable clothing.

            The two immediately rushed to the hospital.

“What happened to Eric?” Hyesung asked the moment the car was on the street.

“I have totally no idea what’s going on with that guy.”

“Then what is this ‘Eric is dying’ all about?”

“I really have no idea. First, I got a call from Minwoo just now during brunch. He said that Eric was admitted into the hospital and we agreed not to tell you. But minutes ago he called again saying Eric might not make it. It is making me so confused oh my.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            Looking at the pale face of the guy lying on the hospital bed, Minwoo held his hand and cried, “What happened to you? Can you please wake up and explain?”

            Minwoo kept sobbing, he can’t stop. From the time Minwoo knew Eric till now, he never seen Eric like that. Even thought Eric was soft at times, he had never been seen like this. Lying on the bed, with no energy.

            He had no idea how much he cried before feeling the fingers in his hand moved. It was Eric’ finger. He looked up at the face and realized the eyelids with half lifted.

“Eric!” Minwoo dried his tears, “I’ll go get the doctor”

            The younger one want to stand up but he felt something pulling him back weakly.

“Don’t…” Minwoo heard the voice, it was so weak.

“I… don’t… have much… time…left…” Eric and Minwoo both looked into each other’s eyes and understood.

            Minwoo took his seat before the bed back and before they could continue a voice and a head came from the door.

“ERIC!” and it was Hyesung.

 

-------------

Hello! I'm back~

Sorry for such a loong wait yea >< I was having my finals for the past 2 weeks and i had a writer's block after that /faceplam

Coming to an end yea... Please continue to support me until the fanfic end~ please ~~ /puppy eyes

Remember to comment! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee~

Thank you and enjoy~ ^^