A New Start Maybe

A mistake from the start

 

 “Oh! Syung ah. Your are back.” JunJin commented when he was walking out of the kitchen and saw Eric and Hyesung coming in through the door.

“Yea~” Hyesung replied and ran to hug him.

“Eric-ah” Eric’ father called his son, “Can I speak to you?”

“Sure.” Eric replied coldly and took a quick glance at Hyesung, who have a worrying look, before following his dad to the room.

            Eric turned to close the door and went to sit beside his dad.

“Eric, I’m really sorry for what I did to you.”

“Is okay appa. It’s over. We can’t help it anymore.”

“Actually that time, your umma was actually helping you in convincing me to let you be with Steve but I just can’t.” He paused and continued. “If you want to be with him again I will ask umma to help you tell Jinnie.”

            Eric heard it and stopped his dad immediately, “Don’t appa. I don’t want to hurt Hyesung again. As well as Jinnie.”

“But-” He was cut off by Eric, “Please. Don’t. I beg you. And please don’t tell Jinnie about Hyesung being my ex.”

“Sure. I’m sorry.” His dad apologized again.

“Is okay really~” Eric gave a smile, “Is there anything to eat at home? I’m hungry again.”

“There’s! Go to the kitchen and get it yourself! You’re old enough already!” His father scolded him and they laughed, and then went out to the living room.

            Eric went to the kitchen and his dad went to change before going out.

“Appa, what happened between you and Eric-hyung?” JunJin asked his dad went he saw he dad going out.

“Nothing actually. It’s solved now. Don’t worry about it already.” His dad smiled at him before going out.

“Hyesung-ah. Do you want to drink tonight?” asked the alcoholic maniac, Jinnie.

“Sure~ with who?”

“The usual five of us and maybe this time we can ask Eric along too~ you’re okay with that right?”

“Of course, he’s your brother.”

            “Eric hyung! Do you want to drink tonight?” Jinnie shouted and everyone in the house can actually hear him very clearly.

“Tonight?” Eric replied while walking out of the kitchen, with a packet of chips in his hand.

“Yea~” JunJin stood up to snatch the chips him but failed. And Eric gave him a merong~ look.

“Sure~ who’s gonna be there?”

“You, me, Syung, Minwoo, Dongwan and Andy.”

“Oh okay. Where will we drink at?”

“Our usual place.” Hyesung interrupted.

“Yeap. I will text you the address later.” JunJin informed his hyung and bid goodbye as they need to get back to work.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            Minwoo and Dongwan was the first to reach the bar, followed by Andy then Eric.

“Seems like the new love birds are late again.” Andy commented as he poured his alcohol.

“They are always like that anyway.” Minwoo added.

            The door open out of a sudden and the love birds appeared.

“Ya! You two are late again!” Dongwan scolded.

“Sorry Dongwan-ah! Its Jinnie fault this time. Not me~” Hyesung pushed the blame to JunJin and ran to hug Dongwan.

            They then sat down. The six of them chatted and do stupid stuffs like they always do, and went crazy. Even before mid-night, Jinnie was drunk already.

“Hyung~” Andy called JunJin, “Are you okay?”

            JunJin’s cheek was as red as apple, and there was no reply.

“I guess he’s gonna have a bad hangover tomorrow.” Minwoo said.

“I need to go now.” Andy looked at his watch.

“Andy-ya, do you mind sending Jinnie home? Since Hyesung is not driving?” Minwoo helped Hyesung to ask Andy.

“Sure~ I’m going now.” Andy carried Jinnie with one of JunJin’s hand around Andy’s neck, and slowly walking out.

“Bye hyung!” Andy bid goodbye.

“Bye bye~” His hyung replied him.

“We need to go too, there’s a meeting with the directors tomorrow.” Minwoo said.

“Okayy. I foot the bill today.” Eric volunteered.

“okay! Hyesung, do you want us to send you home?” Dongwan offered, knowing that he will be awkward with Eric.

“Is okay Dongwan-ah, I will take a cab by myself.” Hyesung reject Dongwan.

“Well okay. Bye Bye. Text me if anything happens okay?” Dongwan instructed Hyesung.

            Hyesung nodded and they bid goodbye.

            Now it’s left with the two of them again.

“Do you want to continue drinking?” Eric asked. “Or you want to go home already?”

“I guess I should go home. Since, Jinnie is not most probably not going to work, I must go in case of letting the employees have anything chance of spreading rumors again.”

“Oh, can I send you home?” Eric offered.

“Sure. Why not?” Hyesung smiled and they went to the counter to pay for the drinks.

“You and Dongwan are still as close as last time?” Eric asked when they just got onto the car.

“We aren’t as close as before since I’m together with Jinnie.”

“Oh.”

“What about you and Minwoo?”

“Still the same like last time. No changes.”

“Oh.” Then the rest of the trip was quiet until Eric speaks up again.

“Just now when we are at your house…” Hyesung turned and look at Eric. “Does it mean something?”

“What do you think?”

“I guess we are back?”

“Well, if you think so.”

“Are we? Hyesung-ah~ Give me an answer.” Eric pouted.

“I don’t know~” Hyesung turned to the other way and looked outside the window. Eric sulked because he couldn’t get the answer he wants.

            And then Eric stopped in the side at the road, causing Hyesung to protest, “Ya! What are you stopping here? We are not at my house yet!”

“If you don’t give me an answer, I will not drive.” Eric rebutted.

“Ya! Fine you will stay here then, I will get a cab.” Hyesung wanted to get off the car but sadly Eric locked the door already.

“Ya! Eric Mun!”

            Eric gave a merong face, and he almost earned a punch from Hyesung. Luckily he managed to hold Hyesung’s fist and gave Hyesung a little peck on his lips, causing the angry guy to blush right away.

“Merong! You can’t stop me~”

“So what do you want Eric?”

“You know what I want Hyesung. You should know me well enough.”

“Ya… To be true, really, I really really really don’t know.” Hyesung’s tone died down, “Can we get to my house first before we continue on this?”

“Okay, don’t be sad okay?” Eric noticed that Hyesung is acting weird.

“As long as you continue to drive.”

            And the awkward ride continued once again.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

*Hyesung’s place*

            The couple walked into the house, Eric went to the sofa like he in at his own house, Hyesung went to his room to change.

“So what’s your answer?” Eric asked again when Hyesung came out of the room with his pajamas.

            Hyesung shrugged his shoulder as he walked towards Eric. He can’t made up his mind on where is he suppose to sit, although it is his house, he decided to sit a little away from Eric.

            Just when Hyesung sat down, “Eric-ah, I really have no idea what I should do. My heart tells me to leave Jinnie and go with you. But my mind wants me to be with Jinnie.”

            Eric shifted his position next to Hyesung, he placed his hand around Hyesung’s neck, Hyesung lay on Eric’s shoulder comfortably just like the old times.

“What should we do? Eric-ah.” Eric heart ached when Hyesung called out his name sadly.

“I have no idea too.” Eric and buried his nose into Hyesung’s hair, reminiscing the smell of the guy he missed so much.

            Hyesung moved his armed around Eric’s waist and then snuggled into his chest.

“Why are we always like this?” Hyesung questioned, “I told myself not to love you anymore. But after just one day, my heart is back with you again. What do you have to make me love you so much?”

            Eric chuckled and said, “I have your heart you fool.”

“You’re so lame.”

“Even if I’m lame you still love me right?” Hyesung snuggled even deeper into Eric’s chest, refusing to let Eric see his bright red face, if not Eric will forever for this incident.

“Aigo..” Hyesung sighed deeply.

“Should we have a… se..cret.. relationship?” Eric sort of suggested.

            Hyesung pulled out and look at him. “Maybe?”

“There’s nothing such as maybe, Shin Hyesung-nim. Yes or No?”

“You know my answer” Hyesung blushed lightly.

“Say it~” Eric roamed his hand around Hyesung’s back.

“Y…es…” Hyesung said softly and hesitating a little.

            When Eric heard it, he immediate pressed his lips against Hyesung’s. Feeling every corner of his lips. After a few moments Hyesung pulled back, “Enough of kisses. Jinnie didn’t even kiss me like that. You ert.”

“Ya! We only have the two of us here, can you stop talking about him for now?” Eric was irritated by the mentioning of JunJin’s name.

“Okay… Are you gonna tell anyone about this?” Hyesung looked into Eric’s eyes.

“I’m not sure. If I say it out it will be definitely be Minwoo.”

“Ah.. I will say it to Dongwan. So do you want to say it out?”

“I doubt so…” Eric placed his head onto Hyesung’s shoulder. “Since it is a secret relationship.”

            Hyesung stood up and pulled Eric into his bedroom, they then sat on the bed with the blanket covering their bodies. “I’m tired, I’m scared that I fall asleep outside and you have to carry me in.”

“Is okay~ I understand, you went through a lot today.”

“Thank you. Please wake me up if the alarm rings and I don’t wake up.” Hyesung requested.

“Sure, I will definitely wake up too. I don’t want to be late for the first day of work after a long time.” Eric kissed Hyesung’s hair while Hyesung is setting his alarm.

“Good-bam Eric!” Hyesung said cheerfully and slip himself into the blanket, covering everything except his head. Eric did the same too.

“Night, my love” Eric hugged Hyesung tightly, and their face was just millimeters away from each others.

“I love you..” Hyesung’s voice faded away as he fell asleep.

            ‘Shin Hyesung… Thank you for accepting me once again. Although we can’t be lovers that everyone knew like before, but I’m thankful that you’re are able to be in my arms once again. I love you too.’ Eric thought as his soul left him.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            Eric woke up with dim sunlight shining at his face. He felt a pair of hands around his waist and a face plastered to his back.

            He smiled to himself, thankful.

“Hyesung-ah” Eric removed the pair of hands and turned around. He found Hyesung perspiring like mad, it looks like he was drenched in the rain and just collapse on his bed after he reach home.

“Time to wake up~” Eric hug the skinnier guy and brought his face near him. Feeling something was different about this guy. He placed his cheek on Hyesung’s, and realized he was running a fever.

“Oh my god, Hyesung-ah!” The older one called the younger one once again, this time he responded by opening his eyes a little.

“yes?” He answered weakly. “Is it time to wake up already?”

“Yes, but you are definitely not going to leave the house.”

“Wae?” Hyesung’s voice was thin and husky.

“Can’t you feel it yourself? You are running a high fever! Babo-yah!”

“Really?” Hyesung stared at Eric, “I can’t feel my body.”

“Aigo you. Did you eat and sleep well the past few days?”

“I don’t know. I had to take sleeping pills to sleep cause I can’t stop thinking about how others will look at me for being with Jinnie.”

            Eric literally glared at Hyesung, and Hyesung feel threaten, “Please don’t look at me like that?” He pouted.

“Then you should take care of yourself right? What’s that Jinnie doing seriously.” Eric tried to draw back in order to go to the kitchen and get pills and water for Hyesung, but Hyesung hugged him really tightly, not allowing him to leave.

“Please, stay with me.”

“I will, my dear. Let me get water and medicine for you first okay?” Somehow Hyesung really missed the caring Eric.

            Minutes later Eric came back with a glass of warm water with some pills that Hyesung have. He sat on the side of the bed, carefully helping Hyesung to get into a sitting position.

“Say ah~” Eric instructed, and Hyesung followed. Then Eric gave Hyesung water and he gulped it down like it’s beer or something.

“Are you feeling a little better now?” Eric used the back of his hand to touch Hyesung’s forehead.

“A little.” Hyesung noticed something, “Eric, your shirt is all wet. Is it because of me?”

“Nah, it’s nothing.”

“Can you please go and change before you become like me?” Hyesung became an old grandmother for a moment.

“But this is your house, not mine. I don’t have any shirt here.”

“Oh ya…” Hyesung sulked and tried to think whether there is any shirt that can fit Eric.

“Hyesung, it’s okay. Really. Should I can JunJin over so that he knows about it?”

“But what if he asks you how did you know?”

            Eric blanked out for a while and replied, “I will just say you have been running a fever after they left the bar. And I didn’t call him cause you didn’t want him to worry? Is this okay?”

            Hyesung just nodded as he slowly laid down again.

“I will call him now.” Eric told Hyesung.

“Wait.” Hyesung voiced out weakly again, “Can you stay a while more before you call?”

“No, you are so sick, I can’t let this drag any longer.”

            This was unlike Hyesung, he just let Eric be as he was too weak to actually even speak.

“He’s coming over now”

“Really?” Hyesung widen his eyes, “He’s not having a hangover?”

“Not really sure. You will know after he gets here.”

“Are you gonna leave after Jinnie comes?”

“I think so. I don’t want to see the two of you together.” Eric slipped himself into the blanket, he hugged Hyesung and the younger one pulled himself closer to Eric.

“Does Jinnie know your security code?” Eric asked Hyesung.

            Hyesung shook his head and Eric said, “You didn’t tell him?”

“Yea, you know I don’t like people entering my house without permission.”

“Oh right… Then why am I here?”

“Cause I allow you to.” Hyesung smiled weakly and pushed himself up to kiss Eric.

“Nope you naughty kid, you should rest now.” Eric pulled away from Hyesung’s kiss.

            And the sick one just pouted and buried himself into Eric’s chest.

            Very soon, the door bell came.

“He’s here.” Eric free himself from Hyesung’s hug and realize he was deep asleep. He then places his head gently on the pillow, covering his body with the blanket.

            He paced towards the door and opened it.

“Where’s Hyesung?” JunJin’s first sentence after Eric opened the door.

“In the room sleeping.” To this JunJin immediately dashed into the room, and found Hyesung sleeping like a baby.

            Eric closed the door and slowly walked towards Hyesung’s room.

“What happened yesterday?” JunJin questioned Eric after seeing him in the room.

“After you left with Andy, Minwoo and Dongwan left too. So there was only the two of us left. He said he want to cab home but when he stood up he suddenly fall back onto the couch. Then I realized he was sick. So I volunteered myself to send him home instead.”

“Why didn’t you call me?” Eric earned a glare from Jinnie.

“He didn’t allowed me to tell anyone.”

“And you stayed here until now?”

            Eric nodded.

“Then how did you call me just now?”

“I called you when he was finally asleep. And his temperature kept rising so I think it’s the best choice to call you to look after him.”

“Ah.. Thank you hyung!” JunJin looked a bit guilty for the harsh tone he had when he spoke to Eric.

“It’s nothing. I think I should get going now.”

“Oh okay!”

“Call me if you need anything. I can help you bring it here.” Eric smiled and went out to the living room to get his belongings. He glanced into the room before leaving Hyesung’s house.

           As Eric was driving home, he can’t help to keep thinking about Hyesung. ‘How is he? Is he okay with Jinnie?’

            He knew that he needs to keep Hyesung out of his mind for now, at least during his working hour. He needs to concentrate.

            He just went home to change into his working attire and drove to the company building.

“Hey Eric!” Minwoo greeted when he sees Eric.

“Hey” Eric lifted his voice to avoid Minwoo’s suspicion.

“Why are you so tired? Didn’t sleep well yesterday?”

“I didn’t even sleep yesterday.” Eric knew that he can’t lie to Minwoo, cause that guy will dig it out from him.

“Wae? What did you do?”

“I was looking after Hyesung. He’s sick.”

“Seriously? He allowed you to do that?”

“He had no choice, he was running a high fever.”

“Why didn’t you call Jinnie?”

“That stubborn head stopped me from doing it.”

“And how did you get out?”

“I called Jinnie after he was finally asleep.”

“You two” Minwoo paused, “didn’t do anything right?”

“Of course not!” Eric protested “He’s with Jinnie now.”

“You’re lying.”

“No. I’m not. If you don’t believe me, then don’t bother to talk to me.”

“Okay! Fine! I’ll stop” Minwoo stopped Eric from walking away.

“What do you want now?”

“I need to brief you about your work.”

“Oh ya. I had forgotten about it.”

“You! How can you forget?”

            Eric gave Minwoo the merong face and the both of them walked into the room together.

 

[To Be Continued]

 

-------------------

 

Back~ 

I'm quite shock with myself for updating so fast. 

I'm so happy every time when i see new comments! So please comment more! *wink wink*

Minwoo's bday update! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINBONG! <3

Enjoy the story~ ^^ 

(PLEASE COMMENT!! XP *WINK WINK AGAIN!*)

And please visit my youtube account for Shinhwa's video ^^ http://www.youtube.com/user/EmeryyJLinn