Pick-up Lines, and a 10

Defying The Odds

"Hyung, you look like you've been shocked."  Changmin looked at his hyung, as he gives the flowers to Helen.  Helen looked at him, and stared at the flowers.  The maknae is sweet after all, she says to herself.  Changmin pushes his hyung away, so he got one of the free chairs beside Helen's bed.  The two maknaes played a staring game.  The female just stared at him, while the male was smiling at her, and Helen was confused.

"Hey,"  Changmin mutters, eyeing the attention of Helen.  She looked at him and muttered, "What?"

"There must be something wrong with my eyes, I can't take them off you."   He said, with such conviction that Helen launched into laughter.  

"There's another one."  He replies, as he gets something from his backpack.  He brings out a razor, for t beards.  

"EHH?! What's with the razor?"  She says, then grabs the razor, for which the brand is Gilette. 

"Is your last name Gilette, Helen?"  He asks.

Helen looked at him.  "No,why?"

"Because you're the best a man can get."

Helen launched once again into laughter.  This guy is really funny, she thinks and says, "Thanks for the flowers, Changmin-sshi."  She says, and Changmin smiles slightly.  "Where is Maxine?"   She says.  He looks down and takes a deep breath, "It's over.  We broke up. Well' I'm a nice guy, but she was way over."  Helen hinted bitterness, but she smiled and held his hand.  Changmin looked at the sudden move, and he felt somehow giddy.  Maxine was rich, spoiled and y.  She was a daughter of a top politician, and she was raised to luxury.  Helen, as far as he knows, is rich.  How rich, he doesn't know.  She looked glamorous, as pictures, interviews and albums as far as KASAI as concerned. But right now, she looked weird, and innocent, and surprisingly, beautiful.  Her long brown hair with black highlights fit perfectly on her face and pointed nose.  Her face passes on the looks of a visual.  "Changmin-sshi?"  She asked.  "Are you all right?"

"Yes, I am alright."  He said, with such alertness. Yunho took a bath and changed into clothes that Changmin gave him.  "Hey, I'll just get food. You'll be alright, Helen? Changmin?"  "Yes, we'll be okay; right Helen?"  Helen nodded, while sipping a carton of OJ.  Changmin gave her OJ, and a whole tupperware of waffles topped with strawberry syrup and actual strawberries.  It even came in with a fork.

"Changmin-sshi."

"Ne?"

"Aren't you supposed to be eating?  I mean, you're known as TVXQ's shikshin." (A/N:  shikshin is food god.)

"Ah, I ate already.  I'm supposed to get hyung away from here.  We'll have a comeback in Janunary. and its already the third week of November, you know what I mean."

"Ah, yeah.  I'm sorry to interrupt your schedule."  Helen said, politely, with a matching nod.  Changmin looked at her, a lot of things flooded into his mind.  

"No, it's not, really. I mean we just had a Japan tour, and I dont think it's bad to take a day off." 

"You've been doing this for almost ten years.  Aren't you supposed to be used to these?"

"Well, in all honesty, I already feel exhausted.  I love all Cassiopeia, don't get me wrong, but you know, sometimes I feel......."

"That you cannot do this anymore."  She replied back, immediately.  She realized she had interrupted, she bowed.  Changmin felt sorry for her as well, but he was too stunned to act.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yunho came back with food, and the four of them ate together.  Ceci left earlier, due to a photoshoot and a morning talkshow appearance.  Yunho wanted to talk to her so bad, but then again, he was just too dumbfounded to even make a move.   Good thing was, Helen was discharged three days later yet still had a broken ankle, and Yunho had already left in secret.   Changmin was stuck there with Helen.  Torches were there like battalions ready for battle, and Helen breathed deeply.

"I do love our fans, but sometimes they are are WAAY, too protective.  I do hate it sometimes."

Changmin nodded in response, but he was too busy to notice his actions, save it for later. Takahisa had all the stuff ready, and Helen was texting Hiroki Uchi, and she was going to meet him up for lunch.  The TVXQ star was itching to open the window, but he was afraid of fans snapping pictures.  Helen was fixing her schedules, from this week of November up until the third week of January, will be devoted to Watashi-tachi.  During the day-offs, she will devote her time in fixing her brother's venture with her. Since western brands have been going strong here, She and his brother, Cameron Jackson had been thinking of a business since he will be moving into Japan with his girlfriend Janella, and some of his friends. They have been thinking of a clothing business, and a skateboard shop. It will be big, since KASAI will be modelling with the shop.  Helen looked at the schedule sadly, and sighed.

"Let's go, Helen and Changmin." Takahisa broke the silence. Helen,still bearing the pain of the injury and too tired to walk.  Some big Japanese security got their bags, whle Changmin was assisting Helen.  Despite the bulk and height of the Japanese security, Changmin was too tall to cover, which gave Takahisa a worry.

"Oh crap, Changmin is too tall, how would we not let him see? You know how much fans would go crazy." She asked, as she calls someone on the phone.

"Yeah, its okay, as if this is would be a big issue." 

"Ceci was just seen with Yunho a few days ago. If we will be seen, well....it would be a huge thing that Cassies and Torches would be so into detective mode." Helen muttered, while limping around towards the now-secluded parking lot.  Security was all over, and Changmin was wearing a face mask, shades and a hat as a disguise.  Takahisa ordered him to run as fast as he can to the waiting Ford E150. As he aboarded the vehicle, he was hiding on the floor so that he would not be seen.  A few minutes later, Helen aboarded the van, and let the window be opened.  The convoy left immediately, and Helen waved to the fans before Takahisa finally closed the window.  Changmin breathed a sigh of relief as they already on the expressway.  Along the way, they were playing a game that Helen made: "Pick me Up." In the game, Changmin would say pick-up lines and Helen would rate them. 

As they reached Tokyo, Helen gave a few nines, eights and a seven, but never a ten. Changmin's goal was to give-off something that deserved a perfect 10.  They did not talk a few minutes and he saw a restaurant that displays a huge menu.

"Helen?"

"What?"

"Do you know what's on the menu?"

"No. Why?"

"Its ME-nU."

Helen laughed, and gave a "Nine."

Changmin snorted and waited to see a ten.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

They dropped off Changmin at Narita Airport, Takahisa was thanking their manager, and Changmin opened the door and said to Helen, "Hey. You never gave me a ten." Helen looked at him. She took a deep breath, and said, "Maybe next time?" Changmin fumbled with his pocket and gave her a box, and mentioned,

"Opening the box means opening your doors to be friends with me. And, let's set up our leaders, they look good together." He left, with tons of Cassiopeia waving and screaming to him. He signed a few autographs and quickly went inside. Helen placed the box beside her and they went to Tokyo, to the Avex Building. 

 That afternoon, Helen was sitting on one of the chairs there, she was chatting with her brother. Her brother Cameron Jackson is three years older than her, he is now 25 years old. They are both adopted and they were like peas in a pod. They are going on a business venture together, and they are finalizing designs submitted by their employees. She looked at all of them, and she already approved of them for reproduction.  She was drinking three cups of Caramel Macchiato, and tons of potato chips. Declaring to herself that she was done for the day, she opened her bag, and got Changmin's box.  It was not that small, wrapped in red paper, adorned with a white ribbon. She examined the box, and when she opened it, the label read, Pandora. Helen's eyes widened. A Pandora box of jewelry. She felt the heat rise on her body.  When she opened it, it was a single strand gold bracelet, and a charm composed of the numbers one and zero.  She felt confused, and when she arranged the charms together, it was a ten.  She scanned the box and saw a post-it note. However she didn't read it, yet.

Helen stood up and left the room with her bag, coat and not so painful injury down to the lobby. She is now meeting Hiroki Uchi. Took the elevator to the basement, to her car which was a black Bentley Continental GT and drove to downtown Tokyo to meet Hiroki for lunch.  Suffering an ankle injury, and played a make-shift game with Changmin and making her laugh so hard, he scores a perfect 10 on Helen's heart.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi!!!

Kei-chan left me alone to do this so I really tried my best to write.

Rate, comment and subscribe!!

XOXO, 

Eia