Hi.

Defying The Odds

It IS a beautiful day today, Helen reminded herself, as she walks down the street. Cecilia is at Japan doing a comeback, and here she was,walking in the middle of nowhere. YG Entertainment is somewhat weird, because it's just a few stops at before SM building.  The last time she was  in Korea was almost 7 years ago, when she met Myeonghee and Sunjung at a hip-hop summer workshop, built KASAI, and debuted in Japan.  She grabbed a coffee at a nearby cafe and walked towards the nearest bus stop. She paid for a trip to AveneuL the mall where her stylist buys her some of the clothes she wears.  

The bus was a fun ride for her though.  Its pleasant here in Korea and in Japan. But the thing is, KASAI debuted in Japan in early 2007, they're just promoting in all Japan and suddenly in late 2009, they were offered a contract in YG as one of Avex's biggest clients.  The promotions they are doing is what Korean artists do in Japan, and that crossover worked for them.

She arrived at Aveneul, and the mall was cool and fresh. It was fifteen storeys full of stuff and more stuff. Shoe stores were flowing everywhere. It's a luxury mall, her stylist reminded her. So what? I'm going to spend money here, she told herself AGAIN.

From afar, she saw a Burberry flagship store. She entered the store and scanned the world famous coats. She spotted a cute sunglass which she liked the most.(pic

"Wrap it please," She muttered to the lady who was following her.

"Is this it, madam?"

"No. I will still move around."

The attendant placed the item on the counter and she scanned the iconic trench coats. There was hot pink, metallics and just plain ones. She wanted to give Cecilia something so she picked three coats. One was like a python which Cecilia will like. (pic) The other one was half-metallic and leather, perfect for the season. (pic)  The last thing she picked was screaming "I'm one with the band" loud and clear. (pic)

"This thing has no size anymore?" A irritated girl said. On his back was a guy who was trying to calm her down but he fails. 

"Yes madam."

"You sure?"

The attendant nodded silently and sadly. So what if its out of stock? Helen said to herself.

"Wrap the coats." 

She roamed around the store until she reached the irritated girl.  She kept the scolding the sorry attendant who was keeping his head down. The attendant kept giving her other options, but this furious girl kept refusing. The boy looked so sorry to the other boy. Then a cute bag gave her its sign. (pic) The excited Helen got it and gave it to the attendant following her.

But the girl knew better, so she disarranged the store's display, said some words and kept yelling. She IS causing a ruckus, Helen though. Why should I care?

The girl got a bag and gave it to a waiting attendant. (pic)

Then the girl got back in rage and got a bag and she threw it. And it was in the air and it hit whose head?

"Aw!" Helen said. She looked back at the girl who was shocked. Helen raised an eyebrow, her signature move. The guy went next to her and he looked familiar.

"Who are you?" All Helen muttered.

"I know you."

"You know me?"

"You are on Japan right?"

What the heck is he talking about? Helen asks her head, searching for an answer. This guy knows me, and sadly I don't know who the heck he is.  And he looks familiar, the facial structure is familar too, and his face is on Cecilia's room. Who is this guy thought he was?

"Yes, I am on Japan. Who are you?"

"Changmin. Max Changmin."

"Tohoshinki?"

"Yeah. Helen, right?"

"Helen. Helen Lee. Yeah you're right."

"You know, my sisters are fans. Your face is in their room, all the time when I go to Japan, "Hyung, KASAI merchandise!""

Helen smiled. 

" I can give them an autograph, if you don't mind."

"Sure!"

Helen fished out two pieces of notebook paper and a Sharpie. "Shim Sooyeon and Shim Jiyeon."

It took Helen ten minutes to scribble messages and cute characters on the paper.  She gave it to Changmin, who was more than happy.

"They will love this. Sorry for Maxene."

"Oh. Is she your girlfriend?"

"For six months, six months pain in the head."

She knew what was he talking about. She, too had a boyfriend once and for the seven months together, all she gathered was stress and discomfort.  He nagged her every single time available and went all over her. She smiled.

"Hey, if you don't mind, I'll stay with Max."

"It's odd calling your name."

"Haha. Nice meeting you Helen, and thanks for the autographs."

"Welcome."

Helen went to the perfume collection. Cecilia loves Burberry perfume so much that what Avex gives to her every Christmas. She spotted a Eau de Toilette and gave it to the following attendant. She didn't like perfumes, so she went to the shoe section. Espadrilles, one of the shoes she wears all the time, so she picked one and gave the attendant, "Size 38." For a 22-year old girl like her, she has a huge shoe size. It's embarassing. She fit on the shoes, Cinderella on her glass slipper.  She loved it, even for the fact that it was an 8.

She HAD to buy for their manager-unnie, who was waiting outside the mall, she knew it. She was more of a kick- lady who looks like a guy. The checkered coat was perfect for her. When everything was done, she saw Changmin and Max (she loved that name) on the counter. 

"We meet again."

"Haha. We're in the same store, so there is a possibility. Right?" Helen jested. There were many things the couple bought. It was ,more for Changmin, since he had more money, and for Max, the volcano girl, quite a few. When it was done, they had 12 paper bags on their hands. Changmin brought out his credit card, which looked like it WAS limited and the girl swiped it.

"That's a lot." Helen said.

"SM pays for it."

"Really?"

"Well, half credit."

"You pay for the half? You look so crestfallen."

Changmin looked down. She was right.

"Have to go, Helen. Thanks again." Max got half and he got half.

Wait, how am I supposed to bring all this stuff out? She asked. Someone grabbed her shoulders.

"Ah, Takahisa-unnie."

"Everything must be in perfect harmony, right?"

"Unnie, it's 10 in the morning."

The price flashed on the screen. "$50000."

"You bought things worth $50000 grand?"

"Why? Avex doesn't pay too much. A quarter. SM pays half."

She paid it in cash, Takahisa-unnie gave her a strange look and walked out bringing 7 paper bags,but shopping didn't made her day. It was meeting Changmin. Yes, meeting him. It wasn't just some 'hi's and hello's. It was a sign that everything was going to be better, and who knows, it may be the start of something new.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A.N : Sorry it took a while. 

My schedule was too wary of time, and I had to finish this, but I had the idea in mind.

Kei-chan is to write next, and I hope you will like it as much as I do.

If you have any comments and/or suggestions, feel free to comment. We read your comments so that we can make the story better.

Thanks and have a good day!!

Eia~~