Samurais and Assassinations

Defying The Odds

After 3 hours, Helen had fit in a boy costume. 

"You look like a boy." Takahisa said, who can't stop laughing. "You really are Hanai."

"Shut up." Helen said.

She got out of their tent and saw Yunho standing there. "Minamori Hanai." He muttered.

Helen gave him a look. "Bang Myeol Soo."

A PD came forward to check on the both of them.

"You both ready?" The two nodded.


They arrive at a lake setting. The water was all beautiful and all, a beautiful scenery for the first few minutes of the movie and heavy acting is already needed. Yunho was practicing how to fall down convincely on the forest ground, while Helen was practicing for a fight scene in the grass, and was training for a fight scene. She was tired, lacking of sleep exhausted but happy. 

After the set was okay and everything was good to go so the two started going to their places and Yunho said, "Heavy acting from you is expected."

"I know, not very good with this, but will do my best."

"You sounded very korean."

"I am Korean." Helen replied.

"IN FIVE FOUR THREE TWO ONE!"


And so Yunho and Helen got in character. As soon as the director gave the signal, Yunho and Helen went into a different world. A world where in Yunho and Helen didn’t exist. A world where in there was only Myeol Soo and Hanai.

“Anata ga kita… (You came…)” Yunho said in Myeol Soo’s character as he looked in to Helen’s eyes. Helen, who as of that moment is playing Hanai, smiled back at him as he cupped her cheeks.

“Mochiron, watashiwas ga yatta, Myeol Soo… (Of course I did, Myeol Soo...)” Helen  as Hanai  said with a sad smile as she wrapped her arms around Yunho, making the scene more intimate and romantic.

The director smiled, being satisfied with their very convincing acting. ‘They’ve got good chemistry.’ He thought.

“Shikashi, anata no otousan dodesu ka?  (But what about your father?)” He asked as he pulled away from her embrace and looked at her worriedly.

“I love you more than I fear him… “She said as she held his hand. He gave her a worried smile and sighed. The intimate moment was interrupted as soon as a man playing Hanai’s fiancée showed up in the woods along with some guards that Hanai’s father hired.

“Anata ga oji o motto osorete iru hazu, Hanai. (You should’ve feared uncle more, Hanai) You ought to be ashamed of yourself, choosing that lowly peasant over your own flesh and blood.” Hiroki Uchi, the actor of Hanai’s fiancé spat arrogantly as the ‘couple’ turned their attention to him. Helen looked at Yunho worriedly and Yunho held her hand tight. The scene looked pretty convincing, but in reality the two were actually nervous about the fight scene that was about to come.

Yunho stood in front of Helen protectively as he clutched the handle of his sword, preparing for any anticipated attacks.

“I won’t let them take you away from me, Hanai… Trust me…” He said and she nodded. With that, Yunho and Helen ran as fast as they could. They were chased down the woods. Everything was so convincing and the people in the set were enjoying the whole scene.

Yunho and Helen fell a couple of times. It wasn’t part of the script but the director decided not to call cut because it made the scene more convincing.

“Myeol Soo, they’re too many… We’re out numbered…” Helen panicked, tears forming her beautiful eyes as she used her bow and arrow to shoot one of the guards down. The ‘couple’ kept running and running, until Helen fell down and sprained her ankle.

“Ahhh…” She yelped in pain.

‘That’s not supposed to be in the script!’ The director panicked, but just sat down to see how Yunho and Helen would adapt to the situation.

“You have to leave me here… I’ll just slow you down…” Helen said desperately. Yunho immediately got the idea that she was adlibbing. “I’m the one they want. They’re going to kill you, Myeol Soo… Just go on without me.”

“No! I won’t let that happen. They’re not going to take you away from me…We’ll be together, Hanai… No matter what happens…” Yunho said and immediately offered to give her a piggyback ride.

“Sir, that’s not in the script… Shouldn’t we…” One of the staffs pointed out but the director just watched them in amazement.

“I like what’s happening right now…” The writer said. “Things are going smoothly and naturally. In fact, their acting improved my plot. It made it more exciting...”

Yunho ran as fast as he could, but with Helen slowing him, he eventually got tired and failed to escape. The guards were able to catch up to them and Hiroki shot Yunho with an arrow. The guards were able to take Hanai from Myeol Soo.

“Hanai!” Yunho shouted as he held Helen’s hand tightly as the guards pulled Helen away from him. Yunho’s chest started to bleed but still reached out  to Helen and acted like he was in pain.

“Myeol Soo! Please, don’t hurt him… I’ll do everything you say… Just please don’t kill him…” Helen sobbed, pleadingly and Hiroki smirked as he punched Yunho. Yunho tried to fight, but he’s starting to feel dizzy due to blood loss because of the arrow that hit him earlier. (A.N. Just an act for the movie)

“Watashi wa anata to kekkon shimasu, Akihiro. (I will marry you, Akihiro.)” Helen pleaded to Hiroki. Yunho’s eyes widened in shock.

“ani geugeos-eul haji anhneunda, Hanai-ah! (No don’t do it!, Hanai-ah)” Yunho shouted.

“Gomenasai, Myeol Soo-kun…. (I’m sorry, Myeol Soo-kun) Sore ga yuiitsu no hōhōda (It’s the only way…)” Helen sobbed as she looked at Yunho. Tears fell from Yunho’s almond-shaped eyes.

The whole staff almost cried at the intensity of the scene.

Hiroki punched Yunho on the stomach as it was said in the script. Yunho collapsed and fell to the ground.

“NOOO!!!” Helen screamed.

After that the director called cut. The scene was perfect. The staff came rushing to fix the actors’ and actresses’ clothes and retouch some make up. Yunho, Hiroki, and Helen sat on a bench together and the staff handed them bottles of water. The three accepted it right away with a smile.

“I’ve got to admit. You guys did great on your first time!” Hiroki said and the two smiled.

 

“Thanks… We did our best to make it look realistic…” Yunho said with a smile as he scratched the back of his head sheepishly. After awhile he turned to Helen and gave her a worried look. “Neh, Helen… Are you okay? How’s your foot?”

“I’m fine, Yunho-san… It’s just a minor injury.” Helen replied, hoping that her colleague won’t worry about her.


“Are you sure? It’s kinda swollen…” Yunho asked, wanting to assure her safety.

He took medicine from his bag and gave it to Helen. “It’s a good thing I’m always prepared. Here, rub this on your foot. I’ll go tell the director that you’re injured. You need to rest…” Yunho said and Helen couldn’t help but obey him.

With that, the director decided to call it a day. Turns out, he is a very considerate man and the safety of his colleagues mattered to him most.

“Arigatou gosaimasu, Yunho-san…” Helen said as she bowed politely. “Thanks for looking out for me.”

Yunho smiled sheepishly at her and gave her a pat on the shoulder.

“It’s my job to take care of my leading lady…. Ahaha… -Besides, Ceci texted me. She told me to take care of you.” Yunho chuckled and Helen gave him meaningful grin.

“What else did you talk about, huh?” She asked as she raised an eyebrow at him.

Yunho’s eyes widened at the sudden question. He gulped hard as he looked Helen in the eye. He cheeks turned crimson as well.

“Ah… well I…” He stammered. “N-nothing… just… you know… stuff…” Yunho stammered and Helen giggled.

‘Aish… Totally a perfect match for Ceci-unnie…’ She told herself. ‘I’m starting to have fun.’

“You two are keeping in touch huh?” Helen interrogated more and he flushed another shade of red.

“Well, being… uh… colleagues with her other half… I think it’s good that we also keep in touch…” Yunho reasoned out. “Besides we… both work for Avex…”

“Whatever you say, leadershii…” Helen teased. “See ya tomorrow!”



A.N. Took a while for us to update again… Sorry for the late update…. Eia and I were busy… Eia and I made this chapter…. Ahihihi… The next chapter will be updated by me since I’m currently having my sembreak. Eia still has classes >:) So I’ll be taking over for a while… Ahahaha…

~With love,
Kei-chan <3