Summer Camp

Defying The Odds

Helen saw Changmin's text, but she was tired and bored to reply.  What she did was she tried clearing out stuff which she didn't need anymore.  Ceci was sleeping on her bedroom, while Caleb is making a few calls, while Cameron is eating a huge bowl of popcorn.  When she was done, five boxes came aboard, until something flew from one of the boxes.  Confused, she picked it up, and saw a picture of three girls, which she immediately recognized as she, Ceci and Myeonghee or Iris.  She felt nostalgic, as she smiled as memories came in play..........................

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Flashback , July 2004- 

Thirteen-year-old Helen Lee steps out of a Bentley to a hip-hop camp in Busan.  Banners were everywhere, and people were showing up. She bid her mother goodbye, and started to walk towards the registration.  "Name please." A lady asked her.  "Helen Lee. Thirteen."  She replied; then the lady widened her eyes.  "You're the daughter of..." The lady's voice trailed off.  Helen was bigtime, and from her presence, everybody was stunned. Someone helped her with her things, and led her to the room which she'll be using the next three weeks in the VIP house.  Behind her is a tall girl with hip-hop clothes and worn-out backpack and duffel bag.  She's from Gwangju, and from the looks of it, she looks troubled.  "Kim Sunjung. Fifteen. Gwangju."  She went off, to the house.  The last girl, who was from Seoul was busily checking her backpack. "Lee Myeonghee. Seventeen, Seoul." She ran towards the house, before the start of the camp.

When noon struck, all of them gathered into an amphitheater. There was a stage, and benches surrounds it. The campers were very noisy. Helen was already talking to some girl she had met in the VIP house.  Ceci was alone, and so is Myeonghee.  Helen had already struck all of the people there because of her beauty and wealth.  Everybody wants to be her friend.  Someone spoke on the microphone and intrduced himself as Mr. Park. "Good afternoon everybody. I am Mr. Hiroi Park, an employee of AVEX Network.  The label has conducted this summer camp to scout a new hip-hop group to debut in Japan and being an international group. So I will choose random campers to demonstrate their talents."  A bowl full of names appeared and he got to pick one.  "The lucky............HELEN LEE!" All of them looked at the thirteen year old. She stood up, and went straight to the microphone.  

"You're name is Helen Lee. Right? What's your korean name?" He asked, as he placed himself on a chair.

"Lee Haju. Thirteen, from Belsize Park, London England."  She said in korean with hitches of British accent. Her long hair was up in a braid, courtesy of her new unnies.

"Please show us your talent." Mr. Park said, and she muttered, "I will rap and dance to Missy Elliot's Work It. Please enjoy."  She bowed, and the beats came on.  The statue Helen was started to dance, and all of the people were shocked to see a thirteen-year-old dance such hip-hop. She started rapping in English, and Mr. Park was impressed.  When she was done, she received huge applauses and she hurried back to her seat.  

A few people were called, until he picked, "Kim Sunjung."  The shy girl stood up, and introduced herself.  "Annyeong. Kim Sunjung. Fifteen, Gwangju."

"We didn't ask how old you are, sissy."  A girl shouted, and all of the campers laughed. Helen smirked, and Myeonghee smiled. Most people were not paying attention to her, but when the music came to be, she danced to Namie Amuro's Shine More.  Her dance was very y, and Mr. Park was surely amazed.  the music came into a halt, she stopped and bowed. 

"This is a hip-hop camp, not a dance show." The same girl said, tripping her as she came back to her seat. Most of the grils whispered to themselves. Sunjung felt sorry for herself, because of her worn-out clothes and dead-panned personality.  

"Lee Myeonghee, the last one."  Mr. Park said in a bored voice, which made Myeonghee furious.

She stood up confidently, and spoke to the microphone. "Lee Myeonghee, seventeen, Seoul." Unlike Sunjung, people clapped their hands, and she sang First Love by Utada Hikaru.

And that summer camp went smoothly as planned.

---

It was the last week of the summer camp, and people were enjoying the lessons that their teachers taught them.  Love blossoms everywhere, and more people- especially girls were determined to befriend Helen, whom they found out was rich. Helen had no goal to make friends, all she wanted was to debut.  However, she became concerned to the girl named Kim Sunjung.  She always docks herself at corners, and has never heard her speak a word, the first one was at the welcoming ceremony.  Helen could see that she was great at dancing, but she always looks lonely and depressed.

One day, she was walking by herself to get some food, when she heard a chorus of laughter from afar.  More and more people were crowding over the place, and forming a huge circle.  It was the spot near the lake.  When she came closer, she could not see anything but those girls who wanted to be friends with her and Myeonghee.  She could see a bag that is being thrown is opposite directions, and laughter emerges. She squished herself to see what was happening. Her eyes widened on what she saw.  The girl named Sunjung, was on the floor wearing her old clothes.  Her things were everywhere, and the copy of a certain album was broken. When Helen was there, all of them looked at her, and those girls were shocked. Helen was just pokerfaced, the sign she was angry.  She picked the album, and it was a copy of DBSK's Hug.  

"It took me months to buy that." Sunjung muttered, while choking on her tears.  Most of the people were whispering to themselves.  Helen who was pissed at the situation, went next to the girls, and slapped them.

(A/N: Helen is a tall girl, even taller than girls her age that time.)

Helen opened her bag, and got her wallet.  She got something out of it, and it was money.  She gave it to Sunjung, and said, "Take this to buy yourself new clothes and a bag. Or even this album you have. If that is not yet enough, talk to me. This is not a donation, its a gift." She walked away, and the mean girls shoved Myeonghee to apologize, which she followed.  Myeonghee wants to be popular so she befriended those girls.  However, the girls discarded her and turned her to be their maid.  She didn't mind, and went straight to Helen.

"They want to apologize." Myeonghee said, while Helen was eating noodles.

"Why?" Helen replied in a bored voice.

"They bullied the girl named Sunjung. They want to say sorry, and if they want to be friends again." Myeonghee said, and people starting to crowd over the spot. Helen laughed, and muttered, "I didn't came here to make friends. I don't know why, you guys do everything to befriend me. I came here to nourish my talent and skill. I pity those people who do that.  I think they are crazy. And you, Ms. Myeonghee, don't push yourself to people who doesn't like you.  You have talent, and its a shame if you don't use it. Say, I'm thinking to build a group. You want to join?" Helen said, while extending her hand to the stunned Myeonghee.  

"Yeah, its good." The unnie replied, and they shook hands.  The crowd was silent the whole time. They started to disperse, and Myeonghee went straight to the distraught Sunjung, and the two helped her get her things.

The summer camp ended, and all of the campers went home excitedly, telling their parents abour their adventures. But for Myeonghee, Sunjung and Helen, this was just the beginning of something big.

KASAI was finally born, and they are ready to set things on fire. Or not.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! It's Eia.

I owe you guys a chapter on my own so........................ here it goes!!!

I hope you like the history of KASAI, and the new cast member Myeonghee. She will bring  A LOT to the story, so please watch out for her.

Kei-chan complained about Helen's dominacy here, so I'm giving her chapter 15.

Upvote,comment and subscribe~

XOXO, Eia