Collide

Defying The Odds

Helen was so stressed out when the afternoon of the day came into view.  Takahisa went out, she says to get the gowns she asked the designers that Helen knows.  Those people were so happy that Takahisa got all of the racks just for Helen, and for Ceci.  Helen was flipping the script for Watashi-tachi, and Ceci was asleep.  Only then Helen realized that she missed memorizing 1/4 of the needed lines.  As soon as she started memorizing, the elevator doors opened, (the apartment they stay is so expensive that the borders get their own floor.) the glass doors were slid, a tired Takahisa came in with bodyguards and RACKS of clothes.  Twenty racks of clothes for Helen, twenty for Ceci.  

"The next ones will be up in a minute." Takahisa said, as she drinks coffee.

"Thanks. How much would be all?" Helen asked her personal assistant.

"They gave that ALL for FREE. They would just reproduce it for the fashion week, which you will walk with CL."

Helen nodded in satisfaction, just then Ceci woke up from her sleep.  Her eyes widened on the sight of clothes on the floor.  "What the?"

"Its for the ball." Helen quoted with air gestures.

The elevator doors arrived again, and more racks of clothes entering the house.  Helen saw a familiar silhouette, and she smiled.  Yunho came in with flowers, chocolates and food, which was apparently all for his girlfriend.  Helen felt insecure again, but as Yunho came inside, she tried her fears to hide and gave Yunho a stack of papers.

"I've memorized my lines," Yunho said, and looked at Helen's script.

"There is your girlfriend." Helen pointed a finger to Ceci, and he immediately went next to her. She smiled slightly, and stood up to the kitchen to join Takahisa. When she took a seat, Takahisa gave her coffee, and said, "You okay?"  

"I don't know. These days, I'm so confused, even when Ceci and Yunho became together.  I can't feel happy, like..........." Helen ate on her words, and Takahisa could see she was not well. She has known her for four years, so memorizing her was very much difficult, compared to a thick Calculus book.  Helen was so stressed out, that she was missing on her lines, thus making the older feel sad.  

"Are you jealous, Helen?" Takahisa broke the silence, then looked at Helen.  She took a deep breath, drank her coffee, and mouthing words again.

"Yeah, I admit I am jealous."

Ceci was gone by Yunho's side went to the kitchen. When she was to step in, she saw the two talking and was shocked when the maknae muttered those words.  She has known her for so long, she didn't think that she could say that.  In real life, Helen is envied by tons of girls, because she has everything.  Money, fame, fortune and a life most girls would like to have.  In short, it was a fairytale.  Boys would fall in love with her, but in return, she was just used, like a brand new doll that was disposed when a new one came along.

"Why would you be jealous, Helen? You have everything." Takahisa said, in between sips of coffee.

"Wel,, Ceci-unnie has everything that I lack. She has a loving family; I do have one, but everybody knows I am adopted. I have never been hugged by a woman who you know gave life to me.  Secondly, she has that charisma, which I don't have, thanks to my fantastic childhood. I can't do aegyo, do moves that boys would kill for.  She has the 'cute' image, which I can't do, more or less, say 'Oppa!' in a manner that they love. Third, about her love life.  She is courted by guys of good reputation, looks and even celebrities."

"You have a point." Takahisa nodded in agreement. At that point, tears started to flow in Helen's eyes.  She has been containing that feelings for years, and now she had the courage to say those words.  "Haju, it's not your fault. Well, people tend to look at luxury, yes? But I think someone will come along and will love you regardless of everything."

"Even that one mistake two years ago?" Helen said.

Takahisa looked at her. 

"That one........."

"See? If I tell the truth to that guy, will he still accept me?"  The maknae was screaming, her anger overpowering the house. Yunho, who was acting like her hyung stood up, and went next to his girlfriend.

Ceci lowered her head in regret. She felt Yunho's hand was there comforting her but it was not helping her either.

"I know you're there, unnie."  Helen said in a bored voice.

The leader stepped in.  She hugged Helen so tight. The maknae sobbed uncontrollably on her unnie’s shoulder, all those hurtful memories coming back to her. She trembled in fear and sadness. The past hurt her bigtime. It had already been two years. She thought she was fine, turns out she was wrong. The past haunted her still and she hates it. For some time, she had been pretending to be okay, turns out she wasn’t after all and every thing went pouring as of that moment. She had been keeping it inside her and she just exploded…

Ceci felt sorry for her dongsaeng. Helen was a sister to her already. She loved her like family. For years, Ceci had known Helen as a strong and independent woman. Ceci figured, the maknae may be even stronger than her, even after ‘that incident.’ Turns out, Helen also had that fragile side of her. She had been scared and hurt for so long and Ceci felt bad that she hadn’t known what Helen truly felt. Ceci hated herself for not being able to protect Helen, whom she considered as her little sister…

“I’m sorry… It was my fault… I couldn’t protect you…” Ceci said as she held Helen in her arms.

Yunho decided to leave the two alone, thinking that the issue was left for the two girls to settle. Ceci is his girlfriend, but he knew that she should have her privacy and he respected that. Yunho, however, couldn’t help but wonder what might be bothering the two girls. It had him worried, especially when he saw how it affected them. Yunho cared for both of them, Ceci, being the woman he truly loves and Helen, being not only his leading lady in his first movie, but also someone whom he considered as a friend and in a way, a younger sister…

After a few minutes, Helen and Ceci both calmed down. Helen decided to go shopping, which she always does whenever she gets stressed. Ceci stayed with Yunho. Yunho held his girlfriend’s hand protectively.

“I hope you don’t mind if I asked… Ceci, what happened? Is Helen alright? Are you alright?” Yunho questioned, worriedly, breaking the silence between him and his girlfriend.

Ceci let out a soft sigh as she leaned her head on Yunho’s shoulder.

“For now, let’s just hope she’ll be okay…The topic is pretty sensitive. It’s best if we don’t talk about it. Someday, when I’m ready to tell you… I will…” Ceci replied and Yunho held her hand tight, assuring her that he respected her decision.

 




Shopping usually, lessens Helen’s stress, but at that moment, the total opposite seemed to have happened.

“My, my, look who we have here? Helen! What a surprise!” A girl very familiar to her said with much fake enthusiasm as soon as they met each other’s gaze.

“Indeed I am surprised to see you as well. I didn’t expect to find you here.” Helen said with a smirk as she watched the girl flip raise her hand to flip her hair, which she did as an excuse to have Helen notice a shiny white gold band on her ring finger, in which Helen took notice. The girl flaunted her expensive ring arrogantly, in which Helen found pretty pathetic.

“I never thought I’d find anything fake in here. Considering this is one of the finest flagship Burberry stores in Korea…” Helen remarked, which send the girl off the edge.

“Excuse me? This isn’t fake. This is a 14 Karat white gold ring. It’s such a shame that a girl, coming from a family of high status, can’t tell the difference between fake and exquisite, fine jewelry… Oh by the way, Jay gave this to me… Nice isn’t it?” She bragged on even more. Helen, being her usual self, remained calm and unimpressed by the girl’s actions. She simply smirked at how pathetic she found the girl before her.

“Oh, I wasn’t talking about your ring, Iris…” Helen simply said, the evil grin on her face grew wider as she left the former main vocalist of Kasai, dumbfounded and insulted.

 



A.N. We warned you to watch out for Iris, didn’t we? Hahaha… Just finished a chap that Eia started. Things are getting hotter… Kasai’s bringing the fire… Hahaha…

Until our next update! ^^

Please do, comment, upvote and subscribe. TT>TT
 
With love,
~Kei-chan