Surprises and Schemes

Defying The Odds

Cecilia's eyes shot wide open at the sound of her cellphone ringing loudly on top of her side table. She reached for it with her left hand as she yawned and rubbed her eyes with her right hand, forcing herself to finally wake up from her good nap. The day was very long for her. After reading all the tweets that cassies have posted, mentioning her and after taking all the insults thrown at her just because she was seen having a good time with TVXQ's Uknow Yunho, she decided to take a nap to relieve herself from all the stress. All the controversies and rumors have made her really tired, but she knew she had to take that call for it might be very important. It might be Helen, calling  to check up on her.

She read the name of the caller on her screen. She was a bit disappointed when she realized that her guess was wrong. It wasn't Helen, but their personal assistant, Takahisa.

"Moshi moshi?” She answered in an exhausted manner and waited for her caller to talk.

"Cecilia, it's about Helen. She got involved in an accident while going home! You have to come here immediately!" The personal assistant said in panic. Cecilia jaw dropped as her eyes widened in shock. She ran her fingers through her hair, in frustration as she tried to process all the information in her head.

"Where is she right now?” Cecilia asked worriedly as she grabbed her purse and dumped all her necessities in there. She grabbed her expensive coat and some decent clothes she can change into. She activated her phone on loudspeaker mode as she put on her denim shorts and changed into a plain white blouse.

"She was rushed to Shibuya General Hospital. It's only a few blocks away from Kinokuniya Bookstore." Takahisa replied.

"I'll get there as soon as I can." The worried leader announced, hysterically over the phone as she grabbed her car keys. She hung up as she got inside her silver Isuzu Swift and drove a thirty-minute ride to Shibuya General.


As soon as Cecilia caught sight of Takahisa outside the hospital, she immediately parked  her car and got out to approach her.

"How's she doing? Is she going to be fine? Is her condition critical?” She bombarded the poor PA with so many questions. Takahisa scratched her head in frustration as she didn't know which question should she answer first.

"Answer me! Is she alright?” She demanded before yelping at the feeling of someone behind her, tickling her sides. She turned around to see Helen standing right in front of her. She was looking perfectly fine, no cuts, bruises or anything that shows that she was involved in an accident. Cecilia gave her dongsaeng a puzzled expression. Helen bursted in to laughter and her unnie finally realized that she had been pranked.

"Aish.... You! I was really worried about you!” Cecilia scolded as she hit Helen's shoulder violently. The younger one still laughed hard. It was as if Cecilia's action didn't hurt her at all.

"Surprise!” Helen exclaimed as she stretched her arms for a hug.

"Aish... I hate you for tricking me, but I'm so relieved that you're okay." Cecilia said as her frown turned into a smile. She gave her dongsaeng a 'Welcome Back!' hug. " Don't ever trick me like that again, you meanie! If you do that again, I'll be the one to really send you to the hospital!"

”Aigoo~ You're so gullible. It's so fun to mess with you!” Helen teased and Cecilia frowned. "Don't be upset with me. I have presents for you. I'll give to you on the way home."

The younger one and the PA took some bags from the back compartment of a cab that they rented and transferred all of them to Cecilia's Isuzu Swift. Helen thanked the chauffer for his service, paid and gave him a generous tip. The chauffer smiled at her kindness and thanked her as well before driving off.

Takahisa and Helen jumped inside Cecilia's car. Cecilia dropped Takahisa at her house before going home with Helen. As soon as the duo got home, Helen unpacked her things and gave Cecilia the things she shopped for during her stay in Korea. Cecilia's eyes widened at the sight of the coats and other branded stuff that Helen bought for her.

"Omo~ Kamsahamnida.” She said with a smile. “They’re perfect. I'll put them in my room."

The happy leader was about to bring her stuff to her room, when her dongsaeng called for her, making her stop on her tracks.

"Neh, Unnie. I have another surprise for you."She stated.

“Omo really? You’re full of surprises today, dongsaeng.” Ceci giggled.

“I’m going to be in a movie with Yunho-shii.” Helen said and Ceci eyes widened in shock.

“Really?” She asked and smiled half-heartedly. She was happy for her dongsaeng because it will be a great opportunity for her, but she had to admit, the fact that Helen would get to spend a lot of time with her Yunho made her feel slightly jealous. She knew it was wrong to feel that way. Helen’s like a sister to her.

“Yeah… It’s a historical remake of Shakespeare’s ‘Romeo and Juliet.” Helen added. “Its genre is tragedy and romance.”

“That’s… that’s great…” Ceci said with a sad smile. “Congratulations on the project, dongsaeng.”

Helen having known her Unnie for a lot of years, knew how she truly felt. She may sound insensitive at times, being the evil maknae, but deep inside she truly cares about her unnie.
“Hey… I know that face.” She remarked as she looked at her forlorn other half.

“What face?” Cecilia asked as she chuckled nervously. She tried to deny it, but it was written all over her face.

“You don’t have to be jealous. Yunho-shii isn’t my type.”  Helen clarified.

“Me? Jealous? Pshhh… I’m not jealous…” The cute leader denied and Helen threw a pillow at her.

“Aish stop it. You’re not a good liar!” Helen teased. “I promise… I’ll set the two of you up. You guys will make a good couple. Besides, he seems to be quite fond of you. I can see it in your pictures.”

“Wait you saw that?!” Ceci blushed a deep shade of crimson.

“Everyone saw it, Ceci. It’s all over the internet… DUH!”  Helen rolled her eyes and Ceci covered her face.
 

“You’re such a meanie….”Ceci whined as she hugged her pillow.

Helen just smiled to herself. Deep inside she was plotting a scheme. She thought… ‘This will be fun…’



A.N. Helen’s plotting something. I wonder what it is… Hahaha…

Eia’s still away and I’m getting quite lonely…

Anyway, I’ll do my best to fill in for her…

With love,
~Kei-chan <3