Pang.

Defying The Odds

"Yah, Yunho-hyung, what happened in Helen's room?" Changmin asked his hyung as he tied his shoelaces to start practicing.  For the time they've arrived in Korea, his hyung has been out of himself, not the funny, y and adorable leader every Cassie knows.  As soon he finished speaking, Yunho looked at him and shrugged. He, with his both hands held the maknae's shoulders. "You will not let this thing go out in the open." He orders Changmin, the other boy nodded and waited for his hyung to speak.  "I made out with Cecilia Kim of KASAI." 

 

The maknae stared at his hyung.  "You serious?" .  He looked at the floor and to Yunho, the ceiling and so in a manner that he was trying to assess this situation.  Changmin looked at his hyung at disbelief, his impression of Jung Yunho slowly disappearing.

 

“Look, it’s not like I meant to… Well I wanted to-Wait, no! What I mean is…” Yunho tried to explain himself but he was at lost for words. He was easily distracted. Two days had already passed since that encounter he had with Cecilia, but he could still recall how soft her lips brushed against his. He could still clearly remember how soft and smooth her skin was against his, her soft moans still, ringing in his ears. It was no doubt that he liked it. There was no doubting that he wanted her, but that feeling made him feel bad inside. He had just met Ceci and he doesn’t know her that much. Sure, he had to admit that he is attracted to her, but the time they had spent together isn’t enough for him to say that he is already in love with her. Yunho knows deep down that Ceci is a decent girl. He respects her as a fellow artist and as a friend.  He knew that what he did somehow made her feel as though she was violated so that made him really guilty.

 

Changmin of course, knows that Yunho is a decent man, but what he just confessed shocked him. Yunho wasn’t the touchy type. Changmin had rarely seen him have skinships with the past girls that he dated. Moreover, he knew Yunho had great mastery of self-control. One of the things that he admired most about his hyung is his respect for women. Yunho says that he respects women so much because of his love for his mother and younger sister back in Gwangju that is why no matter how many women have been throwing themselves at him ever since he became a famous and successful artist, he wouldn’t dare take advantage of them, even when there are times he got tempted to do so.

 

Ceci, however, Changmin knew was a special case. She was the only one to make Yunho ever lose control. Changmin smiled at the thought that Cecilia Kim of Kasai may be the one for TVXQ’s Uknow Yunho. He sure hoped that his hyung and Ceci would sort things out.

 

“Look, I felt like I violated her… She wouldn’t talk to me…” Yunho sighed as he laid down on the dance studio’s floor after taking a sip from his water jug that he always brings during rehearsals.

 

“It’s normal for her to feel that way. You guys aren’t a couple… So…” Changmin pointed out. “She’s probably feeling awkward and a bit embarrassed about it. Maybe you should give her time to calm down.”

 

“I’m just afraid that she wouldn’t talk to me… Ever…” Yunho worried as he kept his eyes on the ceiling.

 

“She’ll cool down. Maybe she just needs time to think about her feelings…” Changmin speculated and Yunho blushed at the thought, ‘Ceci? Having feelings for me?’

 

He couldn’t help but feel a bit giddy about it, but of course he knew very well he had to fix things with her.

 

“Don’t be too hard on yourself. You’re human. You aren’t perfect. You make mistakes and that’s normal. Whatever you did, I’m sure you didn’t mean to hurt her and you know… there are just times when we men, just lose control especially with women as attractive as girls in Kasai…. You get what I’m saying?” Changmin said, trying to make Yunho feel better even just a little.

 

Yunho felt a bit relieved about what his younger peer said, but his thoughts are still crowded. He kept silent as he wondered about how Ceci’s been doing and how he will be able to settle things with her when he comes back to Japan to promote “TREE” with Changmin.

 

The cheoreographer came in with the back-up dancers.  Changmin opened his phone, and a text message apppeared. It was from Maxine. He didn't even bother to see what it is, he was too fixated on Helen, and the 'ten' bracelet. Yunho patted his shoulders and they started practicing.

 


 

 

After the lunch date with Hiroki, Helen was at the dorm,with Ceci, watching the entertainment news.  Helen was eating the macaroons Hiroki gave her,while Ceci broke the silence, "Yah. What happened with Yunho when I left?" Helen immediately answered, "Ah, he went to buy food and never came back. Changmin was there the whole time, until we dropped them off at Narita. They'll have a comeback."  Ceci nodded and stood to get water. When she came back, Helen asked, "Unnie, did you remember how you and Yunho made-out?" She looked at the maknae and said, "Honestly, I don't remember. All I knew we were drinking, and the next thing I knew, I was already wearing a shirt. HIS SHIRT.”

 

Of course what she said, wasn’t totally true. Ceci could remember clearly how everything happened.- How she almost let Yunho take her then and there. She could remember very clearly how gentle Yunho was with her that night. His lips were so soft and gentle on her skin, they were so warm and comforting against her lips. She recalled how he marked her that night, the hickey was still slightly visible and she had been hiding it with her long hair as to not create an issue or scandal for the netizens and paparazzi to be curious about. She also remembered how sweet he was when he respected her decision to stop. She felt a bit guilty about ignoring him that day he chased after her to apologize…

 


Ceci tried to walk faster than she does, but Yunho was quicker than she thought. She was surprised when she felt his hand on her wrist, gripping her tightly. She gasped as soon as he turned her around to face him. He looked in to her eyes with his gorgeous, almond-shaped ones as he uttered “Ceci, I’m sorry…Last night… I promise it didn’t go that far. I’m sorry if you feel bad about what happened… I’m really sorry about my actions. Please forgive me…”

 

She didn’t know what to say. She knew she wasn’t ready to speak to him, She felt really embarrassed about what happened recently, especially when she recalled, that she almost did thatin her dongsaeng’s room. She felt really embarrassed at how Yunho had to see things he shouldn’t. He wasn’t even his boyfriend and Ceci had never let anyone touch her like that. She had always told herself that her future husband could only be the one to do stuff like that to her. She knew that Yunho shouldn’t take all the blame and that she had her faults too. She knew deep down that she was tempted to let him continue and that fact scared her and made her feel bad about herself. She couldn’t face him just yet. It was too awkward for the both of them.

 

Ceci did whatever first came to her mind and shrugged his hand of her and walked away, leaving him dumbfounded and guilty.

 

 

 

 

“Unnie there’s something that you aren’t telling me…” Helen said as she held her older peer’s hands. Ceci bit her lips and sighed.

 

“I feel like a …” She let out, tears finally forming her eyes.

 

Helen sighed and gave her Unnie a hug, which she knew Ceci needed. Ceci sobbed against her younger peer’s shoulder.

 

“You know you’re not…” Helen simply said as she patted her leader’s back.

 

“He’s probably thinking that I am…” Ceci wept. “He’s probably thinking that I’m like those other girls…”

 

“Aish… What makes you think that? You’re not him.” Helen pointed out. “Besides, I’m sure he made the first move. You’re too innocent after all to do such.”

 

“Still… It’s embarrassing… You guys saw my red bra…” Ceci added, which made Helen laugh a little.

 

“Aish… Sometimes stuff like that just happens, Unnie. What’s important is that you didn’t let him do stuff he shouldn’t do. You’re not a and don’t ever think that. Maybe, you just got caught up with your emotions and things like that happen. Don’t over think things…Calm down… When he comes back to Japan, talk to him… Sort things out with him. For now, just sort your feelings out…” Helen advised like the pro that she is. “And if he hurts you or something, just tell me… I’ll kick his … I mean, Yunho’s attractive and seems nice and all, but if he hurts my Unnie he’s gonna get it from me…”

 

Ceci pulled away and wiped her tears. She gave her dongsaeng a grateful smile. She was thankful to have Helen with her. There are times when Helen’s more of an unnie to Ceci than Ceci is to Helen. The leader of Kasai, of course admires that about the maknae and is very grateful to have her by her side to give her advice and comfort her.

 

“Do you think, he’s one of those guys who would only want me for physical stuff?” Ceci asked in a forlorn manner as she hugged her knees and looked at ground.

 

“He wouldn’t go after you if he’s one of those guys...” Helen said with a smile.

 

“Wait, how did you know he went after me? I didn’t tell you anything about that…” Ceci asked in an astounded manner.

 

“The moment he left me with Changmin, I knew he went out looking for you…” Helen said, as she put her index finger on her temple.  Ceci noticed something on her and it was the ‘ten’ bracelet. 

 

“What is that?” Ceci pointed to the dongsaeng’s wrist, and Helen said, “Changmin gave it to me.”  “Cool.  Maybe you should give him a gift as well.”  She says, as she opens up a magazine.  Helen was so moved into her speech to Ceci that she almost forgot what she is going to ask.  Finally, her mind gave her what she needed, and asked Ceci this:  “Do you think that Changmin would like watches?”  Ceci was drinking water and she nodded.  “Well, yeah.  Every guy must like watches.” 

 

“Should I give Yunho as well?”  Helen asks, as she fixes her bag.  “He’s your co-star. It’s an SOP.”  The leader answered, and the maknae felt that her voice was a crack, so she did not speak once more. 

 

Yunho-hyung must be really confused, worried and distracted, and it may reflect it on practices.  Seriously, who would do that within hours of meeting a girl?  But Ceci too.  She’s distraught and not herself right now. What could be the solution?  As Helen finished thinking, her mind returned to one person who could possibly help her: Shim Changmin.

 

Ceci was watching the television, then looked at the maknae.  From her point of view, she must be thinking of something, but she was too tired to think and too bored to open .  She was thinking of what possibly could happen if she continues to ignore Yunho.  The possibilities are frightening, and she was worried that the relationship she had with Yunho will slowly melt, like ice that is under the sun.  She was happy for her dongsaeng, who has been forming bonds with her fellow maknae, Changmin like water slowly turning into ice.   Ceci felt a pang within herself:  this was the first time in her life that she- looked at the tv and saw TVXQ at a live interview.  Changmin looked dazzling, and Yunho was confusing.  The interviewer asks Yunho is he had kissed a girl and if he liked it. Changmin smiled, while Yunho said, “I have never kissed a girl.  And if so, maybe I’m drunk.” Helen looked at Ceci and she felt that PANG again.  She took a deep breath and said to Helen, “It’s Showtime.”


 

A.N.

Sorry for being out for a while... I've been busy with my family... Anyway, I hope you like this chap written by me and eia <3

We hope that you guys will be more active in sending comments so that we would know what you think about the story...

 

Much love,

Kei-chan and Eia