Chapter 9

Like A Star

 

Yuri can't help but feel outraged about her new assignment. "Well, Yul?", Donghae said as he sat, watching Yuri fix his things. "What do you really want? Why did you ask for me to be your palace maid?", she asked facing him. "I can't be the only one suffering here, you know.", Donghae replied coolly then mumbled, "Of all the people, why does it have to be Tiffany?" Yuri stared at him, "Don't tell me that you're the princess fiance?". He stood up and said , "Unfotunately, yes. Why else would I be suffering staying for that girl?". "And now you're trying to make me suffer just because you're suffering too?", she angrily said. He nodded smiling like a fool. "You know what? You're not the only one suffering here. I've already lost something important and have no idea how or where to find it.", she walked closer to him, "And now you're trying to add up to my problems. Why do you want me to suffer this much? What have I done to you?". He suddenly pulled her, "What have you done to me?", his voice turned serious that Yuri became afraid, and she tried to release his grip. But, instead he pushed her to the sofa he used to be sitting on. "Do you really want to know?", he asked as he leaned towards Yuri, his hands gripping the back of the sofa. "Donghae.", Yuri said afraid of his change in attitude.
 
Donghae’s Flashback 1:
"Seriously? Would those pretty girls be our classmate?", Eunhyuk asked looking at the group of 5 girls sitting together at the lobby. "Don't take them for yourself, hyung.", Kai said. "If I'm not mistaken those tall ones and the short one would be in our class.", Leeteuk agreed pointing at Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Yuri. “While, the one eating that red bean paste bread will be your classmate, Kai. The fair skinned one Luhan's classmate", Leeteuk told Kai, who was just staring at the girl, and Luhan.
 
But, while the others were having commotion, Donghae was just staring at a single member of the group. "Hey, Donghae.", Luhan tried to distract him. His view was blocked by a cat which startled him and made him jump and shout. “Luhan, will you stop doing that!", he said as he stood back up. "But you were staring into space.", Luhan replied innocently. "Huh? Who were you staring at, Donghae?", an intrigued Eunhyuk asked. "Nothing. Besides, I'm not staring.", an annoyed Donghae said as he stood back up. "You were staring. I saw you. You were staring at the girl that's dancing over there.", Luhan disagreed. "You mean, Kwon Yuri?", Leeteuk asked Luhan. 'Yeah, I guess.", Luhan replied. "Yuri's her name?", Donghae suddenly asked. Leeteuk nodded.
 
From then on, he tried annoying her to get her attention. He tried to every chance he got. Fortunately for him, she became his classmate every year. There was only an instance where he learned that she would be in a different class. He immediately requested the administration to put her in his class.
 
Donghae’s Flashback 2:
“Annyeong hasseyo!", a guy greeted Yuri, "Yuri-sshi, I'm your dance partner, remember?" Yuri nodded, "Yes, Annyeong!" "I would just like to ask you about your idea for our routine, next week.", he said. They had a conversation. When he bid farewell, Yuri smiled, a smile that she would never show to Donghae. 'This guy.' Donghae thought angrily.
 
He used to see Yuri together with her dance partner; that, he had grown jealous of it. And he had gotten full of it when he had seen them hugging each other when they had lost on the competition. He was actually about to console Yuri, but he had already seen her crying in the guy's arms.
 
Donghae’s Flashback 3:
"You want to get rid of her just because of that?", Luhan asked as they celebrate in Kai's house. "Of all those times I had wasted on her. It's just so unfair.", Donghae replied. “Who told you to continue getting attracted to her all these years?", Eunhyuk said, "We had always tried to put your attention to other girls, but you stubbornly stick to that stupid childhood crush of yours. Now what?“, Leeteuk added. "That's why I already want to get rid of her. I would do anything just to make sure that she would be leaving the school.", Donghae said looking at everyone. "Why don't you just ask the administration to kick her out?", Kai asked. "I still want her to suffer in my own hands; before she leave the school.", Donghae said and everyone looked at him.
 
"Donghae?", he heard Yuri say his name. He got distracted out of his thoughts and saw Yuri staring at him. "You all right?", she asked. "Yeah.", he nodded. They stared into each other until, "Donghae.", Tiffany called him. They got distracted out of their position. Yuri returned to fixing his things. Donghae went to Tiffany, who was obviously glaring at Yuri. "Why? You need something?", he asked. "You're supposed to help me with my palace studies, remember?", Tiffany said. "Uh, of course.", he left with her.