Chapter 2

Like A Star

 

“Yul, gwenchana?”, Taeyeon asked her. Yuri just nodded. “This was all that Fishie’s fault!”, Sooyoung said angrily. Just as they were about to turn on a corner, “Surely, she’ll get detained.”, they heard Eunhyuk say. “Speaking of the devils.”, Sooyoung muttered. “Poor girl, it would not be long ’til she lose her scholarship.”, Donghae said just as the girls had shown up. “Oh! Hey, Yuri-sshi! Soooyoung-sshi! Taeyeon-sshi!”, Eunhyuk greeted. Donghae just smirked at Yuri. “I can’t believe that you guys would really go this far just to make us suffer.”, Taeyeon said. “What have we done to you anyway?”, Sooyoung backed her up. “What have you done? I don’t know. We just don’t like filthy stuffs like you.”, Leeteuk stepped forward and pinched Taeyeon’s nose. “Why you-?!”, Taeyeon was about to hit Leeteuk but the girls pulled her back. The guys then walked away. “Why did you stop me?”, Taeyeon yelled at them. “I thought you said that we shouldn’t create a mess since it’s the first day of school.”, Yuri said. Taeyeon sighed and agreed with them.
 
They arrived at the cafeteria. “Ah! Why do I have to be this unlucky?”, Yuri slouched on her seat. “Aren’t you still used to it?”, Yoona asked. Yuri looked at her. “I mean, ever since you started attending this school, the two of you had always been classmates.”, Yoona stated. “And that was still since pre-school. Your mom was still the palace lady back then, unni.”, Krystal added. “Making me face the fact that it had already been this long doesn’t comfort me at all.”, Yuri sighed then started eating her food.
 
4:00 pm. 
Everyone was dismissed except for the scholars trying to finish their service hours. “Yuri, it’s good that the professor let you off this time. But, I still think it’s unfair that Donghae didn’t even get reprimanded.”, Sooyoung said while wiping the hallway windows. “It doesn’t matter anymore. He’s a “VIP” here. What should we expect? What matters is that I didn’t get a stain on my records.”, Yuri smiled as she wiped the floor. She stand to move to another position then she got pushed back down when she bumped into… “Lee Donghae.”, she looked up. “So, you’re saved, huh?”, he said coldly, ” I really wonder what you’ve done.” Yuri glared at them. “Look, I may be a commoner but don’t insult me. I’m still a dignified  person unlike you. And do you really want me out of here that bad? Well, I’m sorry but you’d still have to bear with me until we graduate.”, she stood up. When she turned, she noticed the bucket of water she is using to clean the floor. She suddenly thought of a way to get back. “And I forgot,” she throw the water to Donghae, “Stop bothering me.”
“Why you?!”, Donghae tried to hurt Yuri but his friends were pulling him back. He was so angry at that time. But it wasn’t long until, “Ms. Kwon, I think I’ve changed my mind. I’ll be meeting you every afternoon of this week starting tomorrow for detention.”, their Math teacher came.
 
“What did you just say? Yuri, are you crazy?!”, Taeyeon shook Yuri. “Unni, stop it.”, Krystal pulled them apart. “I know. I did wrong, but I didn’t expect seonsaengnim to be there.”, Yuri mumbled. “It’s Lee Donghae, Yuri! It doesn’t matter if it’s seonsaengnim; even if it’s just a janitor, what you did would definitely be judged wrong.”, Taeyeon exclaimed. “Taengoo, calm down. Someone might hear us outside.”, Yoona patted Taeyeon’s back. Suddenly, the door opened. “Taeyeon, Yoona and Soojung, go to the library now. Nobody’s cleaning it yet.”, their head maid said. 
Sooyoung and Yuri were left alone. “Why does the world have to be so unfair? Why can’t we all have equal rights?”, Yuri sighed. “I agree with you.”, Sooyoung nodded as she sat down. “Aish! This is so frustrating.”, Yuri exclaimed  She had thrown the rug to exclaim her anger and it ended up hitting the newcomer. “You really like throwing dirty things at me, huh?”, they turned to see Donghae at the door.“What are you doing here?”, Yuri asked her eyes still wide out of surprise. “I have some business to do here, of course. Why else would I be in this boring place?”, he stated, “Besides , don’t you want to see me here?”, he smiled at Yuri. “Who would ever want to see you?”, Yuri muttered. “Oh, is that so? Well, unfortunately, you would be seeing a lot of me starting from now.”, he said. “Wha-”, Yuri was about to ask. “And will you please behave yourself and stop throwing things at me; unless, you want me to tell your head maid what happened right now.”, he added then left with a smirk plastered on his face.