Chapter 13

Like A Star

 

"Kai, please help me look for Yuri-unni." Krystal went to Kai to ask a favor. "Why would I do that?" he asked. "Please. Just help me, our professor won't be arriving. Besides, Donghae-oppa might be with her. Taeyeon-unni just sent me a message that he was not in their class as well." She pleaded. "Fine." He stood up. They went out of the room and sneaked into the empty hallway. They looked for the two in the locker rooms, the canteen, and the library, but they still didn't find Yuri and Donghae. "One place left." They said in unison. "The old art building." Krystal pointed the art building. "The basketball court." Kai pointed the court, on the other direction. The stared into each other. "Since I granted you this favor, we'll go to the basketball court." Kai decided. However, there was no one inside the court. "To the old art building then." Krystal smirked and led the way. Kai shook his head and trailed behind her.

 

The old building was quiet, as there was no class going on. Since, a new art building was built, no student would even bother going in the building unless it was required anyway, except for Yuri. "Do you actually think that they'd go into a place like this?" Kai asked, looking around. "Unni would. I don't know about your hyung." Krystal shrugged.

 

In the middle of their conversation, Yuri and Donghae heard voices. Donghae took a peek to see who are coming. When he saw Kai and Krystal, he pulled Yuri upstairs and hid behind a wall. "Why are we hiding?" Yuri asked. He gestured her to keep quiet. She peek from behind the wall and saw Kai and Krystal, standing at the bottom of the staircase. "Weren't they Kai and Krystal?" She asked him quietly. He nodded. "Then why are we-?" She asked but he shushed her. "Why do you keep-hmm!" She exclaimed quite loudly that he covered and pulled her into a room.

 

"Did you hear that?" Krystal asked when she heard Yuri's voice. Kai nodded. They went upstairs but they found no one. "I'm sure I heard unni's voice somewhere around here." She wondered. Kai continued searching the hallway and forgot that Krystal's with him. "Kai?" Krystal turned to find that Kai's not with her anymore.

 

Donghae let go of Yuri when they're inside the room. "Look. I know what I'm doing. Just go with it." He told her. "Don't tell me that you're trying to set them up?" She realized what he's trying to do. He nodded and led her to the fire exit. "Where are we going?" She asked. "To class. Let's go!" He said and they went out of the building.

 

"Kai?" Krystal called, as she entered a room. She searched around the room and found nothing. She was about to leave when a statue fell because of a rat. This made her scream out of fear.