Chapter 1

Like A Star
“Kwon Yuri!!!”, a voice could be heard all over the neighborhood. “Yah, Umma! There’s no need to shout.”, Yuri pouted as she stopped her bike. “But you won’t listen to me. I just wanted you to give this to the ahjumma that owns the noodle house.”, her umma gave her the puppy-dog eyes. “Umma, that’s three streets down from here and…”, she tried to reason out but her umma stopped her. “Just because your vacation has ended and you’re not going to live here for a while again, you’re not going to listen to my plea. What kind of child are you?!”, her umma hit her. “Umma, everyone’s looking.”, Yuri begged her mom. “Take this then.”, her mom stubbornly pushed the envelope of money to Yuri. “Fine. Annyeong, umma.”, Yuri mumbled and rode her bike.
 
When she arrived at school, she parked her bike and ran to the main gate. She smiled when she saw Krystal walking.“Jung Soojung!”, Yuri flung her arm around Krystal's shoulder. “Unni? You’re almost late. What happened? You usually arrive early after vacation.”, Krystal wondered. “Ah! Blame it to my umma. She made me pay our debt to the ahjumma that lives three streets down from ours and it was the opposite direction from the way to school. She won’t even listen to me and have to reprimand me in front of all those people.”, Yuri pouted. “Unni, you’re so cute.”, Krystal pinched her cheeks. Yuri grinned. “Wait! Why hadn’t you just asked her to let your oppa do it instead? He passed that way to his school, right?”, Krystal asked. “Yunho-oppa’s vacation ended early so he wasn’t with us anymore.”, Yuri explained. Krystal nodded. “Well, we better hurry before classes start.”, Krystal pulled her.
 
Almost out of breath, Yuri opened the classroom door. About to be glad that the teacher is not there yet, she got victimized again by the “Lee Donghae Prank”. Just as she stepped on the  threshold, a blackboard eraser fell on the top of her head. And when she raised her head, while wiping the chalk dusts off her hair, a paper plane hit her forehead. The classroom was filled with the laughter of Donghae and his friends. Yuri unfolded the paper plane and saw something written on it.
 
You should’ve seen your face. 
You’re really funny, Yul. 
Welcome back!
~Donghae
 
“As expected.”, she muttered. She crumpled the paper glaring at its source who was dying from laughter. She quietly went to her seat and her friends rushed to her. “Yuri-ah! Gwenchana?”,  a small girl wearing glasses asked her. “Neh. It’s just chalk dusts, Taeyeon.”, Yuri smiled while brushing the dusts off. “Those guys are really getting on my nerves.”, a tall girl said pulling her sleeves up. “Choi Sooyoung, not now. It’s the first day of class.”, Yuri stopped her. “It’s almost time. Let’s go back to our seats.”, Taeyeon said.
 

During Math time, they had a surprise quiz. “Yul.”, Donghae whispered. Yuri ignored him. “Yuri.”, he whispered again. Still, Yuri ignored him. “Yu-”, he was about to call again when Yuri turned to him glaring. “Number 3.”, he smiled sheepishly. Yuri just returned to ignoring him. “Suffer thinking about that, you fool.”, she thought. She was going to smile when, “Kwon Yuri.”, Donghae called her a little louder. Angry and surprised, she faced him. “Mr. Lee, Ms. Kwon. Stop talking. We’re having a quiz.”, the teacher reprimanded them. The class went on quietly, until the bell rang for lunch time. Everyone stood up and started leaving the classroom. “Ms. Kwon.”, the teacher called. Yuri went to him. Her friends waited by the door. “About what happened, a while ago, meet me later at my office.”, he said and left just as Yuri was about to protest.