Chapter 12

Like A Star

 

After their lunch break, Yuri’s class had no teacher. The class had spent it as their free time. Eunhyuk hadn’t entered the class. “Yuri, why did you do that?”, Taeyeon asked worrying about Yuri. She had told the girls what she had done before classes. “He deserves it, okay? And will you please stop acting like I’ve done something really bad.”, Yuri replied. “I can’t believe you, Yul.”, Taeyeon sighed. Yuri just grinned. “I think the guys already know about it.”, Taeyeon said. Yuri turned to see Donghae and his friends approaching. 
 
“Yul.”, Donghae called her. Yuri stood up and faced him, “Look, if you’re gonna talk to me about Hyukkie then don’t bother. It would just be useless.” The guys just stared at her. “Woah! Yuri?”, Leeteuk said, doubting that it’s Yuri who just said that. "So you really did that, huh?" Donghae crossed his arms. "There could be any other Kwon Yuri in here, is there?" Yuri replied, sitting on her desk. "Actually, there are a lot of "yuri" in  here." Leeteuk pointed the glass windows. "Haha! Funny." Yuri mocked a laugh. "You know you shouldn't have done that." Donghae said in a low voice. " Why? I don't see anything wrong with that." Yuri crossed her arms. "Yul, they're right. With what you did, you seemed to have been the bully." Taeyeon stated. "So it's fine for these guys to bully someone and it's wrong if I did?!" Yuri exclaimed, standing up. "You don't want to be like these guys, do you?" Taeyeon pointed out. Yuri started clenching her teeth to prevent herself from crying, out of anger. "See. Even your friends are against you, Yul." Donghae smirked, mocking her. Yuri walked out of the room. "Yul!" Taeyeon tried to call her back.
 
'Why do they have to be so unfair?' Yuri can't help but cry. She locked herself in a bathroom cubicle. "Everytime those guys bully us, no one reprimands them. I just wanted to teach Eunhyuk a lesson. Why does it seem that the whole world is against me?" She sobbed as she leaned back on the cubicle wall. She held her chest and suddenly remembered that her necklace was missing. She sighed heavily to let out all her bad feelings.
 
Yuri's Flashback:
"Control your temper guys. We can't just do anything to take revenge against them. They have the teachers' favor on their side.", Taeyeon held them back as they try to hurt Donghae and his friends. "But, Taengoo-", Sooyoung tried to say. "Sooyoung do you want to be reprimanded by the teachers even if you're not the one who started the fight?", Taeyeon had made her point. Everyone agreed to her.
 
"All this time, we just try to keep to ourselves all the hurt and anger everytime they make fun of us. Can't we even give to them what they deserve, even just once?" Yuri muttered to herself. "You know? You look crazy talking to yourself like that." Someone said. She looked up and saw Donghae looking down at her, from the top of the cubicle wall. She went out. "What are you doing here?" She asked as he went down from where he was standing. "Our next class had already started and it wasn't right that you get to miss a class when I don't. So I decided to skip the class and look for you." He grinned. "Look for me?" She raised an eyebrow. "For company. Let's go." He grabbed her wrist and pulled her out of the bathroom.
 
They went to the old art building and they spent the time sitting on a staircase. "I can't believe you. You got mad just because they reprimanded you?" Donghae started a conversation. "How do you do that? How do you get all those favors?" She asked. Donghae turned to stare at her. "You're thinking that your friends had been unfair?" He asked back. "Everything had always been in favor to you. You're really lucky." She stated. "You're not really answering my questions." He muttered. Yuri didn't reply. "Why don't you let it out?" Donghae suddenly turned her to face him. Her eyebrows scrunched as she did not understand what he's trying to do. " Let out your feelings. Show me how much you hate me." Donghae urged her. She sighed and stood up. He stood up as well. "Yu-" He tried to touch her but she slapped him. "That is for hurting my friends." She said and tears started b on her eyes. She clenched her fist and was about to hit him again. "I can't do this anymore." She let her hand down. She wiped her tears as she sat back down. Donghae looked at her and decided to change the topic.
 
"So, has Sooyoung forgiven you and Taengoo already?" He asked as he sat beside her. "Not quite. Though, I really hope that she would, after what I did to Eunhyuk." She replied. "Don't you think that she will scold you to?" Donghae smirked. Yuri glared at him and he grinned. She rolled her eyes. " I believe that she won't. We have the same mindset, just in case you're not aware of that." Yuri pointed out. "Actually." Donghae muttered. They both laughed. "You should know that Eunhyuk hated you so much because of what you did." Donghae suddenly stated. "Doesn't he already hate me even before?" Yuri raised an eyebrow. "Well, yeah." Donghae smiled. "But you should have seen his face when I poured orange juice on him." Yuri started laughing again. "Well, you should have seen him when he went to me and told me what happened." Donghae joined in. They laughed as they both imagined the look on Eunhyuk's face. "Wait a minute. He's supposed to be your bestfriend, right?" Yuri realized. "What can I do? It's just really that funny." Donghae shrugged.