Chapter 3

Like A Star

 

It was a Saturday and Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Krystal decided to go out leaving Yoona and Yuri back at the palace. “Unni, I think we should bring them something so they won’t feel bad.”, Krystal suggested. Sooyoung nodded while eating her box of churros. “I guess you’re right. I think I should also apologize to Yuri for my sudden outburst. She hadn’t been talking to me well since then.”, Taeyeon said. “Yeah, she felt awkward talking to you because she thinks you’re still mad at her and you might yell at her again.”, Sooyoung added to Taeyeon’s burden. Krystal glared at her. “She’s already feeling bad you don’t need to add up.”, she mouthed. They stared at Taeyeon who kept on looking down.
 
They entered a cake shop. When they entered, the atmosphere went tense when they met Leeteuk, Kai and Eunhyuk. “Look, who we have here? Annyeong, scholar girls!”, Eunhyuk greeted loudly. “Annyeong hasseyo!”, the girls bowed, much to the guys’ surprise. The girls were about to pass through them but they stopped them. “What do you want?”, Krystal asked, irritated. “I don’t know that you could be so cute when you’re angry Soojung-sshi.”, Kai . “Mwo?”, Krystal blushed. “It’s just a pity that you’re friends with Kwon Yuri.”, Kai smirked. “What’s your problem with Yuri anyway?”, Sooyoung asked. “We’re in no position to answer that and explain to you. If you want you could ask Donghae.”, Eunhyuk answered her. She just glared at him. “Speaking of which, I suggest that you stop Yuri-sshi from going to school this Monday.”, Leeteuk spoke up. “Why would we do that?”, Taeyeon asked. “Donghae is planning something big and if you’re really concerned about Yuri, don’t make her go to school.”, Leeteuk explained. “But unni has a long exam in history and she had already studied hard for that.”, Krystal said. “So?”, Kai went to her eye level. “We’re in no position to stop Yuri from going to school. If you want why don’t you go and tell her yourself. Oh! And explain your reasons in detail. That girl is demanding.”, Sooyoung answered mocking Eunhyuk. “Fine. But don’t blame us for anything that will happen. We warned you.”, Leeteuk said and they went out. 
 
“Unni, what should we do?”, Krystal asked on their way home. “We’ll tell Yuri what those guys said. It will be up to her to decide.”, Taeyeon said. Their journey home was quiet and filled with thoughts about the guys’ warning. “Why did they do that anyway?”, Sooyoung asked. The two stared at her. “I mean warning us. Why would they warn us? It’s weird.”, she cleared her point. “It could just mean that whatever Donghae is up to, it’s something that’s worse than everything he had done to Yul before.”, Taeyeon concluded.
 
Back at the palace, they told Yuri exactly what the boys did. “Whatever they told you, I don’t care. I have to take the test. They warned us already anyway. I’d just have to be careful around Donghae and everything will be fine. It’s not like I’m gonna get killed anyway.”, she smiled and went back to work. The other four flinched at her last sentence. “Yul, wh-what if he was really p-planning to get you k-killed? I mean think about it, his friends suddenly warned us and, remember, they want us out of their sight.”, Sooyoung voiced out their thoughts about the possibility. Yuri froze at the thought. “Oh, come on! That’s hi-hilariously i-impossible!”, Yuri tried to laugh it off with an obviously forced laugh. This just worried them more.
 
Yuri decided to release her worry by reviewing for the exam. “Occupying my mind would be helpful in clearing my thoughts.”, she thought. She was busy reading her textbook that she had forgotten about her surrounding. All of a sudden her book was pulled out of her hand and her view was fully blocked by Donghae’s face. “Omo!”, she fell down from her chair. “Yah! Stop acting like you’ve seen a ghost.”, he pouted. “More like a monster.”, she grumbled as she sat back down. “What do you want anyway?”, she asked. “Can I borrow your book?”, he asked grinning. “Don’t you have your own?”, she asked getting irritated. She tried to grab her book back but he hid it behind his back. “I forgot it on my locker. You could just get it for me if you don’t want to lend me yours.”, he grinned wider. “Why can’t you get it yourself?”, she yelled at him and everyone stared at them. He smirked. “Fine. But give me my book back.”, she gave up and he gave her book back.
 
When she reached the locker room of Donghae and his friends, she quickly searched for his book. “I only have 5 minutes left. Come on, show up!”, she muttered after she noticed the time at her watch. Suddenly, the door of the locker room closed. Yuri ran to it and found that it was locked from the outside. “Hey! Whoever’s out there please open this!”, she called. “Help me! Please!”, she called again as she continued knocking hard on it. Then, she remembered something.
 
Yuri’s Flashback:
”You mean all 5 of them were staying in one locker room?”, Sooyoung asked suprised, “Yep.”, Yoona nodded. “But considering their attitude and behavior, won’t they be disturbing the neighboring rooms?”, Taeyeon asked. “Luhan told me that it was actually made with sound proof walls so they can have their privacy.”, Yoona answered. “You seem to be close, huh?”, Sooyoung teased Yoona. “Shut up, unni.”, Yoona brushed her off. 
 
Tears started to well up her eyelids. ‘No, it’s not gonna end like this.’ she tought. She banged the door hoping to attract attention then she realized that classes had already started. She felt as if everything had fallen down and she seemed to lose all the energy she has. As she sat by a corner, she can’t help but cry.