Chapter 6

Like A Star

 

"Unni, I really feel that the girl is our daughter. What do you suggest I should do?", the queen consulted her sister-in-law. "Your Majesty, I think you should think about it deeply first. We can't bear to make mistakes about such things.", the sister-in-law replied. "But-", the queen was about to say something. "The girl's still a palace maid. What do we know about her? Don't tell me you'd entrust the future of the royalty to her just because of your impulse.", the sister-in-law blocked her. "Yes, I guess you're right.", the queen agreed. A smirk protruded on the sister-in-law's lips as the queen agreed with her.
 
"Hello, can I speak with Hwang Miyoung-sshi? This is Lee Yoon Jung speaking.", Yoon Jung said through the phone as she drove her car. "Just a moment, ma'am. Ms. Hwang is still finishing some paper works.", Tiffany's secretary replied. "Tell her this is urgent.", Yoon Jung insisted. "Okay ma'am.", the secretary said. 
After a moment, "Hello, umma.", Tiffany whispered on the phone. “Tiffany, Se Bin is already having a feeling that she had found her daughter.", Yoon Jung said. "Really? Who?", Tiffany asked. "The palace maid, Kwon Yuri.", Yoon Jung answered. "Kwon Yuri.", Tiffany muttered to herself.
 
Tiffany’s Flashback 1:
A young girl was playing the piano and had finished the piece smoothly. Everyone clapped. "Woooh! Yuri, I Love You!", a boy stood up clapping. He was trying to tease the girl. "Mr. Lee, sit down.", the teacher instructed him, and he followed. 'I really hate her! Why does she have to get all of Donghae's attention?', Tiffany thought enviously.
 
Tiffany’s Flashback 2:
"I really hate him!", Yuri said irritatingly. "I really don't think he would stop bothering you.", Taeyeon said. Yuri heaved a sigh. "How could you actually hate your situation?", Tiffany said startling the group of 5. "Who wouldn't hate being bothered by that guy all the time?", Yuri replied. "No one. In fact, a lot of girls think you're lucky 'cause you get all of Donghae's attention.", Jessica, Tiffany’s friend stated. "Really? Well, I hate it.", Yuri said then stood up. Tiffany pulled her back, "Don't act like it was just nothing to you. I know you love it, so don't pretend that you hate it.", and she yelled at Yuri. Yuri just stare at her, then stood again, "I don't know what you're talking about." With that all 5 left Jessica and Tiffany.
 
Tiffany’s Flashback 3:
"Yul! We're classmates again, huh?", Donghae put an arm around Yuri's shoulder. "Unfortunately for me, yes.", Yuri mumbled and removed Donghae's arm from her shoulder. She went to her seat leaving him by the door. He grinned and rushed to her. Before she could even get to sit, Donghae hugged her from behind. "I missed you, Yul!", he said smoothly. Tiffany was so angered by the sight that she wanted to destroy Yuri from that time.