Chapter 4

Like A Star

 

Classes had started. Donghae hadn’t actually left his book at the locker room. He just used it as an excuse to lure Yuri into his trap. He had instructed some freshmen to lock Yuri in the locker room and let her out after the first class has ended. “Where could Yuri be now?”, Donghae could hear Taeyeon mutter from the back.
 
It’s already breaktime and Yuri hasn’t shown up yet. ‘I thought I told them to let her out after the first class. Why isn’t she here yet?’, Donghae thought. “We’ve already warned you.”, Leeteuk said leaning towards Taeyeon. “We told her not to, but she insisted because of the test.”, Taeyeon whispered back, “Now, where could she be?”, and she leaned problematically on her desk. The two got suprised when Donghae suddenly stood up and ran out of the classroom. Taeyeon straightened up and exchanged curious looks with Leeteuk.
 
He unlocked the locker room and saw Yuri crying in a corner. “Yuri.”, he said as he moved to the center of the room. Yuri looked at him and stood up while wiping her tears. “Are you happy now?”, she asked him frankly, “You got me detained. You made me miss an important exam. In fact, you had played all the worst possible tricks on me.” Donghae was taken aback by what she’d said. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to lock you in here this long. I asked those freshmen to let you out after first period.”, he tried to apologize. “It wouldn’t have made any difference.”, Yuri started to walk towards the door. Donghae tried to block her, “Look, I’m really sorry. I never thought-.” “Whatever.”, she cut him off and moved past him. He raced her towards the door. He reached it before her and pushed it close. “I won’t let you out; unless, you forgive me.”, he said. “What do you really want from me? You have made fun of me. Haven’t you still had enough?”, she replied angrily. “Forgive me.”, he said plainly. “Do you actually expect me to forgive you after everything?”, she refused. “Fine. Then, we’ll both stay here until you decide to forgive me.”, he insisted. “Do you really hate me this much? Why do you want to keep destroying my life?”, she said as tears started to fall from her eyes, “Thanks to you, I already know what it feels to be in hell.” Donghae just kept silent as she said those words, then he suddenly felt her hitting his chest. “Let me out! Let me out!”, she cried as she continued hitting him. Absent-mindedly, Donghae grabbed her and pulled her into a hug.
 
While taking their break, Yoona and Krystal happened to pass by the locker room of Donghae’s group of friends. “Wonder why the curtains weren’t down?”, Krystal said. “It’s obvious that nobody’s in there.”, Yoona said matter-of-factly. “I don’t think so unni.”,Krystal pointed something to Yoona. When she turned to the direction Krystal was pointing at, Yoona was so surprised that she dropped her food. Donghae is hugging Yuri. It was something that could have happened at the end of the world. Yoona was about to make a violent reaction, if Krystal hadn’t pulled her away from the scene.
 
“Yoona-sshi.”, the girls turned to see Luhan standing behind them. “Ah, hey!”, Yoona greeted him. “Hey Luhan!”, Krystal greeted casually, “Oh! I forgot I still have to do something.”, and she went after she had excused herself. ‘Krystal!’, Yoona thought angrily watching her friend leave. “Is there a problem, Yoong?”, looking at her facial expression. “No, there’s none. Everything’s fine.”, she replied, obviously lying. He just smirked at her antics. “So, what did you come here for?”, she asked. “I just want to ask about our science project. Have you thought of any idea about it?”, he replied. “Well, the truth is, I haven’t done anything about it yet.”, she admitted. “You could offer a little help you know.”, she added, glaring at him. Luhan can’t help but laugh then he patted her hair and said, “What? Oh please! You can do it by yourself. It's not like I'm not paying you.” He smirked and left her. "Lazy .", Yoona muttered and went to look for Krystal.