Chapter 8

Like A Star

 

"Nice to see you again, Miyoung-sshi.", the king greeted. "Yes, nice meeting you again too, Your Majesty.", Tiffany bowed, so that the necklace would be noticed. They had a little conversation and in the middle of it the queen went to Tiffany. “Miyoung-sshi, can I ask you one thing?",  she asked. "Yes, Your Majesty?", Tiffany looked at the queen. "Your necklace. Where have you gotten it?", The queen inquired. "My parent's told me that it's with me when I was left at their door. They thought that maybe it was from my real parents.", Tiffany explained. The couple looked at her and into each other.
 
"Mr. Hwang, there was a call from the palace.", Hwang Joonhee's secretary said. "The king and queen wanted to talk to you right now.",  he looked at his secretary. "Did they mention why?", and asked. "No, sir.", she replied, "They just asked you to come there with your wife."
 
“Your Majesty, Mr. and Mrs. Hwang have arrived.", the messenger annouced. “Miyoung-sshi, can you please just stay outside for a while.", the queen requested and Tiffany followed. "Let them in.", the king instructed.
 
Tiffany's foster parents bowed as a greeting, and took a seat. "You have asked for us, Your Majesty?", Joonhee asked. "Yes, it was actually about Miyoung-sshi.", the king said. "What about her?", Mrs. Hwang asked, worried. "We just want to ask about her real parents, if you don't mind. What do you know about them?", the queen replied. "We actually know nothing about them, Your Majesty.", Joonhee said. "Then, by any chance, will you let her live with us?", the king asked them. "Why, Your Majesty?", Mrs. Hwang looked at them. "We actually got a feeling that maybe Miyoung-sshi is our long lost daughter.", the king explained. "It actually depends on her.", Joonhee replied and was surprised by Tiffany’s entrance.
 
She kneeled in front of her foster parents. "Mom, Dad, I'm so sorry. I'm thankful that you became my parents. I really am. But please let me stay with my real parents.", she begged them. "But Fany...", Mrs. Hwang was about to disagree. "Is this what you really want?", Joonhee asked Tiffany. She nodded. “Alright. I have nothing more to say. Your Majesty, we have to go. Please take care of our Fany.", he said and left with his wife.
 
"Hey Leeteuk! Pass the ball!" Eunhyuk called. It was already the middle of the night and the 5  boys were still playing basketball at the school court. When suddenly, "Donghae, you got a phonecall.", Luhan gave Donghae's phone to him. "Huh?", Donghae wondered as he got his phone from Eunhyuk. “Yoboseyo?", he answered the call. "Mr. Lee Donghae, the king would like to talk to you.", the palace messenger said through the phone. "This late at night?", he asked. "Yes, sir.", the palace messengeer answered. "All
 
right, I'll come.", Donghae said and ended the call. "I wonder what the palace wants with our Fishie?!", Leeteuk said. "I really have no idea.", Donghae replied and gathered his things.
 
"We're sorry for interrupting you while you're resting.", the queen apologized. "No, it's fine, Your Majesty.", Donghae said. 'I wasn't resting anyway.', he thought. "Anyway ,we would like to discuss some things with you.", the king said. "About?", he asked. "We had actually found our daughter, and we'd like to ask you to help her with her palace studies.", the king answered, "Considering that you're her fiance, you should also be staying here in the palace during such time.". "May I ask who the princess is, Your Majesty?", Donghae politely asked. "You must know Hwang Miyoung, maybe you call her Tiffany at school. She's you're classmate right?", the queen replied. "Yes, Your Majesty.", he answered, "But can I ask one favor?". "Yes, you may.", the queen agreed. "What is it?", and asked. "Can I choose my own palace maid?", he requested . "All right.", the queen said, "Who would you want then?". Donghae smiled and said, "Kwon Yuri.“