Chapter 5

Like A Star

 

That night at the palace, Donghae's absence became a topic. "He hadn't actually told us anything. He just said that he doesn't feel like going.", Mrs. Lee said. "Oh, is that so?", the king said. The couple nodded. The queen noticed Yoona and Sooyoung cleaning outside the room. She asked the internal manager to call them.
 
“Your Majesty.", Sooyoung and Yoona bowed before the royal couple. Then they bowed as a greeting to Donghae's parents. "The two of you are Donghae's classmates, aren't you?", the king asked. “Yes, I am Your Majesty. But Yoona here is our junior.”, Sooyoung answered. "Then, did you happen to know anything that would have happened to him at school?", he turned to Sooyoung. "Why have you asked, mama?", Sooyoung asked back. "I just thought that maybe something bad happened to him there, that's why he doesn't feel like going here.", he answered. "Maybe, he was afraid to face Yuri-sshi because of what he'd done to her.", she explained. "Yuri-sshi? You mean palace lady Yuri?", he inquired. Sooyoung nodded. "Can you ask her to come here.", he instructed. "Yes, Your Majesty.", she said and went to call Yuri.
 
"So, he'd done some prank again, huh?", Mr. Lee muttered to himself, "I guess we'd have to go, Your Majesty. We'll talk to our son about this.", and he excused him and his wife out of the palace. "Yes, well, see you tomorrow.", the king replied.
 
"Do you know anything about this?", the queen asked Yoona, who was still in the room. "I have only seen Donghae-nim hugging Yuri-sshi in the locker room, Your Majesty. I don't really know the preceding events and the reason.", Yoona honestly answered. "Hmm, I see.", the queen nodded. "You may go then, thank you.", and permitted  Yoona to leave.
 
Sooyoung had ran around almost the whole palace and still hadn't found Yuri. Until, she heard the noise coming from a room. She opened the door, "Yul." Yuri turned to find Sooyoung almost out-of-breath. “Soo?", Yuri helped her up. "The king wants to speak with you.", she said as Yuri assisted her to a chair. The others looked at each other. "About Donghae.", she added. "Oh no!", Taeyeon reacted. They all looked at Yuri, and Yuri left to see the king.
 
“Your Majesty, Palace Lady Yuri has arrived.", the messenger announced. "Let her in.", the queen instructed. Yuri entered and bowed, “Your Majesty." The couple nodded. They asked her to sit and she followed. "Was it true? That Donghae had done something wrong to you, that's why he isn't here?", the queen asked her. "Yes, Your Majesty. But, it was just a simple prank, and everything's all right now.", she replied. She tried to lie, afraid of what Donghae might do if she tell the truth. "Though, I don't know why he isn't here.", she added. "Well, it's good to know that there's no harm done.", the queen smiled and remembered what Yoona had said. "Do you really think that what happened between the two of you has no relation to this?", the king interrupted. "Yes, mama.", she nodded. "All right, you may go.", the king said.
 
As Yuri bowed before she leave, her necklace had hung down her neck. After she had gone, the queen asked the king, "Have you seen it?" "Yes. Do you think?", the king turned to face her. She smiled.