Chapter Nine

Soonkyu's Quest

Hey there subscribers! I'm sorry if this took a lot of time. I just don't feel like updating in the past days. So, uhh. Here it is! By the way, in the times where our the setting of the story is located, it is wrong for women to have a man in their bedrooms. It is also wrong if they are caught together without a chaperon. These would lead to a scandal. Enjoy~


chapter nine: Someone Gets in the Way

 

It's 10:00 in the morning and Sunny is supposed to be in her Spanish class, but she's not there. Sungmin went to her room and there, he found her, crying.

Sungmin sat beside her and put his arm around her shoulder.

"Hey, Sunny. Why are you crying?"

"I overheard the conversation of my mom and her advisor." Sunny said while resting her head on Sungmin's chest.

"What happened? Is there any news about Tiffany?" Sungmin asked. Sunny shook her head.

"Siwon-sshi said that they were just having a break from a long hour of patrolling. When suddenly, a man attacked Donghae. He tried to save Donghae but he end up being beaten by the man. He said it must be Jack the Ripper who took the king. What am I gonna do, oppa? What will happen to Tiffany now?"

"We've got to do something, oppa." Sunny looked into his eyes. Sungmin was thinking about something.

"I wonder. Why would Jack the Ripper always get those of royalty? Why aren't there any disappearances from the commoners?"

"I don't know oppa~"

"What if someday, we'll be next?"

"Oppa! Don't say things like that!"

"Or, what if this is just a hostage? They would ask money and all before they would return Tiffany and King Donghae?"

"That doesn't sound legit, oppa! It's been a week since Fany-sshi was taken. If they want money, why would they make it last longer?"

Sungmin shook his haid in confusion.

"We've got to act fast, oppa." Sunny suddenly said.

"How?"

"Let's face this Jack the Ripper. Let's find and save Fany."

"No, don't do that. What if Jack the Ripper would also take you away from me?"

"That's rubbish. We won't let that because we're gonna face him, right?"

"So, when will we start?"

"We'll start later evening."

"Already?"

"Why? You're scared?"

"No, it's just that I'm not prepared."

"We have the whole afternoon to prepare. Meet me here in my room in the evening, okay?"

"Okay. I love you Soonkyu."

"I love you too, Min."

They hugged each other. It's the first time Sunny heard Sungmin say I love you to her since they became together. Their not official, though. No one knows what is going on between them yet.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

Sungmin quickly hide in Sunny's dressing room. Sunny then opened the door and a maid came visible.

"Ma'am, we will have visitors. The queen would like you to welcome them when they arrive." the maid said.

"Why can't mom welcome them?"

"The queen will go to a conference with the other Kings from the other Kingdoms to discuss financial affairs."

"Who are the visitors?" Sunny asked.

"They are your cousins, Lady Sohee and Lord Taecyeon."

"Sure, sure, I'll be there in a minute."

The maid bowed and left Sunny. Sunny closed the door.

"Sungmin oppa! Why would they come back? My life is ruined everytime those two cousins of mine came to visit."

Sungmin came out of the Dressing room.

"I guess they want to congratulate you on your upcoming wedding." Sungmin said.

"Don't remind me of that rubbish, oppa. I am not gonna marry that person."

"You better change now."

"Yeah."

"I'll go now."

"Okay, bye. Please take care."

"Yeah, bye. Take care, too."

Sungmin gave her a kiss and he left. Sunny quickly change into her best casual outfit. She doesn't want her cousin Sohee to look better in front of the people.

-~-

"Well, well, well. If it isn't my lovely cousin." Sohee said as she take the steps in the entrance of the mansion. Taecyeon was just beside her, having a blank face.

"Shut the hell up, Sohee. Why are you here?" Sunny greeted them, watching the siblings as they took the steps.

"Oh, is that how you treat your visitors? Especially when it's your family who's visiting?" Sohee put on a fake smile. Sunny gave her a fake smile too. "Anyway, my brother and I just came to visit."

"After a long travel, maybe you'd like to have a cup of tea?" Sunny offered, looking at Taecyeon but not on Sohee.

Sohee started to lose her temper, but her brother quickly answered.

"My sister and I would most certainly be happy." Taecyeon smiled, trying to cool his sister off.

"Ah, just as I imagined. Follow me." Sunny said. They went to the North Courtyard and Sunny asked the maids to serve them some tea.

They sat in a porcelain garden set. Sunny was facing Sohee while Taecyeon sat either beside them. Soon the maids served the tea and they started sipping in their cups.

"So, unnie. I heard you're getting married." Sohee said. Sunny was surprised she called her unnie.

"Last time I checked." Sunny said, still not looking at her.

"Then what about Sungmin oppa? Can I take him now?" Sohee said, half jokingly.

"No, you can't. He already loves somebody else." Sunny took a sip from her cup, hiding her laughter.

"Well, that's a shame. I bet he will change his mind when he sees me." Sohee smiled to herself while Taecyeon suddenly coughed loudly.

"Why, oppa. What's happening to you?" Sohee asked her brother worriedly.

"No, I'm fine. What's happening to you?" Taecyeon laughed at Sohee. "Sungmin won't fall for you. Are you kidding me?"

"Hmph. I will make him fall for me in no time." Sohee bragged.

"Well, that's not gonna happen." Sunny laughed.

"How could you say that? Ugh. I hate you so much!" Sohee then stood and left the courtyard.

Sunny and Taecyeon finished their tea before deciding to find Sohee.

"Where could we possibly find Sohee?" Taecyeon asked Sunny.

"I don't know, oppa. The castle is very large. If she hides well, we can't find her in just one day." Sunny replied.

"How many courtayrds you have here in the castle?" Taecyeon asked her. "Sohee enjoys hanging out in there."

"We have four. Come on, let's find her."

They started West Courtyard but didn't find her. They went to the South Courtyard but didn't find her there too. Then they went to the East Courtyard.

They saw Sohee and Sungmin was together. They were talking. Sohee noticed them and she immediately pulled Sungmin for a kiss.

Sunny saw this and her heart fell and broke apart. She acted like she didn't care and she resisted the tears from forming in her eyes.

Sungmin was surprised my Sohee's actions and pushed her away.

"What are you doing?!" Sungmin asked her, he was terribly horrified. But Sohee didn't answered.

"There you are, Sohee." Taecyeon said, trying to clear her sister from the confrontation.

Sunny didn't know what to do and walked away. Sungmin saw Sunny walk away and he quickly ran after her. Sunny also ran so that Sungmin won't catch her.

When she saw a secret passageway, she wuickly slid through so that he won't find her. She then locked herself in an empty room that would lead from the passageway she slid through.


a/n: Sorry for WG stans out there! Sunny is like a Mulan type of girl ;> Kekeke~ I won't add HaeFany's until we get rid of Sohee. LOL~ Again, sorry for the late update!


COMMENT REPLIES!

@ddilfany Yes! Siwon only wanted his power back. Good thing he didn't hurt our Fany, because I will kill him. loljk ~ xD

@lovelove11 No! I don't like the idea of that >< Maybe, Siwon is going to do something but not her! That's bad >< 

@fyeahbridges Of course not! And I don't plan on doing that. Kekeke~

@ejesikah Thank you for your liking of the previous chapter. Hehehe~ I'll add HaeFany as soon as I'm done with the Sohee dilemma.