Chapter 13

Soonkyu's Quest

chapter 13: Out Alone

 

Tiffany woke up on the last place she was in. She was in Siwon's room, her body wrapped around the blanket in his bed. She could not believe what she's done. She's done it. She made love with someone she's supposed to kill that night.

"Mi-Young?" She suddenly heard Siwon's voice then the door creaked open. "Oh, you're awake." Siwon came into view. His voice was kind and gentle. Like an angel was inside him. He was already wearing his everyday clothing.

Tiffany sat up, holding the blanket against her to cover her body.

"I'm sorry about last night." Siwon said.

"Why did you-?" Tiffany said.

"You didn't complain."

"Why are you doing this? You're ruining my life!"

"Hey, I said I'm sorry."

"Please let me go."

"I can't do that."

"Then please let Donghae go already."

"No. He will hunt me down."

"I will go with you! Anywhere! Just let him go! Please. I will do anything you want! You can do anything with me!"

"You would do such things only for him?"

"Yes!"

"We're not having any more of this conversation, Mi-Young. This is nonsense."

"You are a bastard! I hate you!"

Siwon tried to keep his temper down but it was no help. Siwon was about to slap her beautiful face when he was surprised by Tiffany's same mad expression. She was not afraid anymore.

"You can't hurt me anymore, Siwon." Tiffany said. Siwon left her and locked the door through outside. He could hear her screaming.

"Yah! Let me out! Unlock this door immediately!" Siwon stood frozen facing the door. He could not believe what he's doing. He could not believe that he would eventually love this woman he took as hostage. He could not believe that he's hurting her like hell.

Suddenly a maid came, "Sir, am I not allowed to feed her?"

"Don't give her anything. Let her think." Siwon said and left.

He went to the Aegyo Empire Castle. He's not reporting to the Queen after such a long time. When he got there, the Council was talking with the Queen in the Great Hall.

"Siwon, my goodness! Is there any news about Mi-Young already? And King Donghae?" the Queen said.

"Ma'am, still no news. There's no sign of Jack the Ripper since our last encountering." Siwon said proudly.

"Good gracious! I hope Soonkyu's fine!" the Queen exclaimed.

"What's about the Princess Ma'am?"

"Soonkyu came to rescue Mi-Young, too! I've called the attention of the other Kingdoms. They said, they'll help and they would also try to catch this serial killer."

"Is she alone? The woods is very dangerous, my Majesty!"

"Oh, I hope she is not alone somehow."

Suddenly one of the queen's body guards whispered something to her.

"My, oh my!" The queen gasped. "Siwon, please find Soonkyu, too."

"I will Ma'am."

"You're dismissed."

Siwon went out of the Great Hall and went to his quarters by the North Courtyard. When he passed the Courtyard, he saw the other guys, seem to be talking in such a deep mood.

"Siwon-sshi!" Prince Leeteuk, the Prince of the Dinosaur Empire greeted when Siwon entered the courtyard.

Siwon gave them a smile.

"I heard you are in charge of hunting this so called serial killer in here. How was it going?" Marquis Heechul asked.

"It going fine for now, though he was really tricky." Siwon said, complimenting himself.

"I see. We were just talking about the girls. They were really terrified when they heard the news." King Eunhyuk, the French King said.

"Indeed! Especially Jessica, she was Tiffany's childhood friend after all." Duke Hankyung said.

"All of them were childhood friends, mind you." Earl Kangin said.

Suddenly, Prince Kibum was running towards them.

"Guys! I have a bad news!" Count Kibum said.

"What is it?" Count Yesung asked.

"Princess Sunny is gone, and it was suspected that Marquis Sungmin kidnapped her!" Count Kibum exclaimed.

"That is nonsense!" Marquis Heechul said.

"Sungmin would never do that. He loves Sunny yet he is still loyal to the Kingdom." King Eunhyuk said.

"That must be a rumor. The queen told me that Sunny left a note that she will also look for Lady Mi-Young. Sungmin must've been with her the whole time." Siwon said.

"But, isn't the Princess about to marry the Fishy Empire king, Donghae?" Baron Shindong said.

"That's what everyone knows, but Sunny still loves Sungmin, the last time we checked."  Prince Leeteuk said.

"If the serial killer was on the loose, and Sunny's all by herself, it means that she is in grave danger!" Earl Kyuhyun said.

"Then what if they get caught or something? The killer's probably would take her as hostage for a very high price!" Count Ryeowook said.

"This is bad." Duke Hankyung said.

There was a moment of silence. Until Kyuhyun said something.

"Has anyone seen Lady Sooyoung?" he asked.

Everyone shook their heads. Then a woman's voice said, "Sooyoung unnie is in her room. She doesn't want to go out." It was Lady Seohyun, the maknae among the group of friends, along with her consort, Duke Yonghwa, followed by the other girls.

"How about Lady Soonkyu? Has anyone seen her?" Lady Taeyeon asked the men.

"Sunny ran away to find Tiffany." Siwon said.

"And Sungmin ran after her." Eunhyuk said.

"Which we cannot be sure of." Shindong said.

Their spirits were all down. Four lives are in danger right now. Only one man was behind this.

-~-

Meanwhile, Sunny's heart was trembling. There are many questions running in her mind. Where is Sungmin? What happened to him? Why is he not here? Did Jack the Ripper caught him? What would happen to her? What will she do? How could she find three persons at a time?

She cleaned up her things and took a quick bath. She ate a quick breakfast at the inn and left. She looked at the map in her hand. She walked to the path they were supposed to take last night.

She didn't know that someone was following her. When it seemed that she is lost, the stranger finally showed up to her.

"Hello, Miss." Sunny heard a stranger's voice when she checked out her map. She has been going in circles. She swallowed an invisible lump in .

"W-Who are y-you?" Sunny trembled. She didn't know what to do.

"Ah, confirmed. You are the princess. My name is Jack, Milady." Hearing this, Sunny's spirits rose. She quickly put the map in her bag and drew her sword once again. She turned around and saw a tall man. The man was wearing the same outfit like the man she and Sungmin encountered last night.

In one swift motion, the stranger's sword flew away and his hands were up in the air. Sunny pushed the man to a nearby tree. She pointed the sword to his stomach.

"Where are my friends?"

"What are you talking about, your Highness?"

"You are Jack the Ripper. Aren't you? Aren't you?!"

"Yes, I am, your Highness."

"Where. Are. My. Friends."

"I don't know!" Sunny moved the sword up to the man's throat.

"Why are you following me?!"

"I was about to take you as hostage, milady. I saw you walk out of the inn. The queen was looking for you, and I thought they would give us a reward."

"If you want money, go find other princesses. As far as I'm concerned, the Empire is bankrupted and there is not enough money for everyone of us to live. Please, mister. I'm begging you. Where are my friends? You yourself knew that you took them and hid them. You even left a note!" Sunny tried her aegyo on the man.

"Milady. There must be a confusion."

"What do you mean?" Sunny lowered her voice but still kept the same grip on her sword.

"There is this certain group of serial killers. We call ourselves Jack the Ripper. Everyone of us is Jack the Ripper. But killing isn't our business anymore. Stealing is our new work."

"If you didn't kidnap my friends, then who did?!"

"That, I cannot answer your highness."

"Is this certain group are the ones to blame why is the country suffering? Are you the ones who took the money?"

"I will keep my mouth shut." the man grinned at her.

"You are worthless." tears started forming in her eyes. She thought about her loved ones, her families, friends. All she need is an answer to their location.

Suddenly someone appeared on her right and stabbed the man. Sunny gasped when she saw the very person her mom would put all her trust.

"Your highness!" Siwon exclaimed.

Sunny's tears then fell down. "Please don't take me back home. I wanted to find my friends. They're all gone now."

"Hush, Milady. Let's take you somewhere safe." Siwon said.


Here's a poll for everyone! :)

 


a/n: Boring chapter it really is for me. Sorry for taking a while to update! So busy, ugh I hate this. :| Please vote on the poll, okay? So that I'll know how should I end this. Uhmm, I'm finally done with the plot, but the only missing left is the ending. Please vote! Every vote counts! :D

And, did I tell you guys that I will make a sequel to this? It's about HyoHyuk and YoonBum. So for fans out there, better stay tuned! ^^

There will be a Moment of Truth on the next chapter. Hehehe~ Please comment guys, I want to know what you think about the chapter! And, by the way, I not gonna be posting the Comment Replies after every chapter, I'll just reply in the Comment Box. Hehehe~