Chapter Eight

Soonkyu's Quest

chapter eight: That Night

 

It was already 9:00pm. They decided to take a rest. It's been a long night.

"Why aren't we patrolling this area?" Donghae said, pointing to a large area in his map to Siwon.

"We already patrolled there yesterday." Siwon said, not looking at him.

"What about today? Change is the only constant in this world." Donghae said, tying his horse to a nearby tree. He brought his sword with him.

He went to the area he's been talking about. He didn't like Siwon, so as Siwon doesn't like him. He felt something is wrong with Siwon. There's just something very familiar in his face.

Siwon hated Donghae. He was supposed to be in charge but Donghae is bossy. He followed Donghae, making sure that the other Knights would not follow him.

-~-

Donghae was in the entrance of a cave when he stepped into something. Something very familiar. He picked it up. It is the necklace he gave Tiffany. It was covered with dirt. Tiffany must've dropped it purposely to give clues.

Suddenly there were many thoughts in his mind. Why wouldn't Siwon patrol this area? Why is he so suspicious in everything? Why does his face looks very familiar?

He suddenly heard someone. He quickly straightened up and drew his sword. He put the necklace in his pocket.

He saw a tall figure coming in his direction. When he saw Siwon's face, he didn't straightened up a bit. Siwon took off his waistcoat vest and drew his sword, too.

"Who are you?" Donghae demanded.

"I am the Aegyo Empire's Queen's private advisor." Siwon chuckled.

"Who is the real you?" Donghae said, trying to keep Siwon away from him with his sword.

"I once lived in the Fishy Empire. I was the Prince. Heir to the throne. We were happy. Until you came." Siwon tried to attack Donghae but he dodged.

"I don't understand."

"You never understand. You ruined my life. All the glory was supposed to be mine. My name was supposed to be in the history. I was supposed to be the King today."

At first Donghae didn't understand then suddenly reality hit him. Siwon was his long lost brother.

Siwon attacked again and damaged Donghae's sleeves. Donghae also attacked him and injured Siwon's left arm, blood was flowing. Siwon's left sleeve was opened and Donghae could see Jack the Ripper's infamous tattoo. Donghae attacked him again and injured Siwon's right leg, making another stream of blood.

"You are Jack the Ripper! You were caught by the Knights. How did you escape?" Donghae said, pushing Siwon down.

"I am the King's first son of course I have sources." Siwon said, making Donghae very angry. When Donghae was about to attack him again, he felt two pairs of hands hold him. His sword fell down.

"Who are you?" Donghae struggled as Siwon got up.

"Lock him in the dungeon." Siwon said, trying to stop the blood from his arm.

"But this is the King!" One of the men said.

"I am your King!" Siwon shouted to the man. "Just obey me."

"Put me down!" Donghae tried to order but it was useless.

-~-

The two men then dragged Donghae inside the cave. It was a long way. Then they turned right until there was a door. Suddenly they are in the Fishy Empire Dungeon, where all the thieves and and other criminals were locked up.

"I'm in the Castle?" Donghae asked the men.

"Yes, sire." the men said.

"I can take on from here."

"I'm sorry my King, these are just orders." one of the men said.

"Where would we lock the King?" the man who had an argument with Siwon asked the other man.

"All the other ones were full. Let's put him with the woman." the other man said. Suddenly Donghae came back to his senses. The so-called woman must be Tiffany.

They threw him in a cell and locked him up. They didn't put a handcuff on him unlike the other prisoners.

When he got inside the cell, he saw an unharmed lady sitting on a bank. She had no bruises or any marks in her body. She was still wearing the same dress she wore when they were in the Library.

"Tiffany?" Donghae asked, coming nearer to her.

"Donghae oppa!" Tiffany quickly stood and ran to him. Her hands were cuffed so she can't move freely. Donghae gave her a warm hug.

"Are you fine?" Donghae asked her, holding her hands. She nodded. "Let's take this off." Donghae said, motioning to her handcuffs.

Donghae went to by the cell door.

"Hey! You there!" Donghae shouted to the man who had an argument with Siwon.

The man quickly went to Donghae's assistance.

"Yes, Sire?"

"Take her handcuffs off."

"Anything for your Majesty." the man bowed and quickly get the keys. He unlocked the cell and entered. He unlocked the cuffs from Tiffany's hand and took it.

"Thank you. You may go now." Donghae said. The man quickly locked the cell again.

He massaged Tiffany's hands. There was a hint of red around her wrist.

"Does it hurt?" Donghae asked.

"No, I got used to it." Tears started to flow in her eyes.

"I'm gonna get you out of here." Donghae gave her another hug. "Hey, you're safe now. Please don't cry."

a/n; And so, King Donghae finally found our Fany!~ But something worse will come soon. Oh, boy, stay tuned! Please comment okay? ;>

Oh, I forgot to mention, Siwon is going to do something. Something really bad. :<