Chapter Three

Soonkyu's Quest

chapter three: The Plan

 

"You're not really gonna tell me what's the plan? You know, I may be a little convincing." Tiffany winked at Sunny and gave her an awesome eye smile.

"Aish, Fany-ah!~ Okay, okay! I'll tell you the plan. Just don't show me those eye smiles anymore. They beat my aegyo." Sunny replied.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Fany-ah? Can you answer it? I'm still not in the mood." Sunny motioned to the door.

"Of course SunBun~" Tiffany walked gracefully to the door. She unlocked and opened it. Behind the doors, the figure of a tall girl was seen.

Ah~ Sooyoung-sshi!" Tiffany greeted her.

"Sunny-ah~ How about Sooyoung-sshi?" Tiffany called to Sunny.

"Okay, let her in!~" Sunny called.

Tiffany let Sooyoung in.

"What's up with Sunny unnie?" Sooyoung asked Tiffany.

"Your brother sort of rejected her." Tiffany answered Sooyoung as they near Sunny.

"Wae? Sungmin oppa?" Sooyoung asked in confusion. Tiffany nodded. "But I thought he likes Sunny unnie!"

"Psh. That's a lie, Sooyoungie." Sunny said.

"Okay, okay. Whatever you say." Sooyoung tried to calm her.

"Why are you here?"

"All the girls are here. We received a message, you know. There's gonna be a dinner. Then there will be a masquerade ball." Sooyoung said. Sunny looked confused just like Tiffany."Wae? You don't know?"

"Aniyo~" Sunny shoot her head. Then she thought of something. "Hey! My plan will be an awesome success tonight!" Sunny cheered.

"What plan?" Sooyoung asked.

"Okay, I'll tell you now. Come closer." Sunny said. Tiffany and Sooyoung came closer to her.

Sunny looked at Sooyoung. Then to Tiffany. She took a deep breath.

"At the dinner, I will sit beside Sungmin, while Tiffany sits beside Donghae. After the dinner, that's the time my mom would probably announce the surprise-"

"Wait. What surprise?" Sooyoung asked.

"You don't know?" Tiffany asked, then Sooyoung shook her head.

"You'll know later." Sunny asked. "Okay, when the dance starts, Sooyoung here will get Donghae for the first song, then I'll get Sungmin. On the second song, Tiffany will get Donghae and Sungmin and I will sneak to the garden. We will talk things over. No talking, okay? They will recognize out voice."

"Soonkyu~ It's a masquerade ball, right? What if we get mixed with some other people?" Tiffany asked.

"Mi-Young, don't worry. We'll figure things out. Let's just stick to the plan."

"Sunny unnie, I'm not really sure about this. But I don't think that this will work out." Sooyoung said worrily.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door.

"I'll get it." Sunny said. She walked towards the door and opened it.

"Ma'am, what would you like to wear to the ball?" the maid asked.

She looked at the pink gown Sooyoung wore. "Bring me two pink gowns. For me and Tiffany. Make sure they are a bit similar."

"Yes, Ma'am. How about the mask?"

"Same color, for three."

The maid bowed and left. Sunny closed the door.

"What time is it?" She asked the two.

Sooyoung looked at her watch.

"It's 3:00pm. The Ball starts at 7."

"We have a lot of time." Tiffany said.

"Yeah, I'll hang out with the girls. See you later~" Sooyoung said, then she went out.

"Uhh. Soonkyu, Donghae wants to give this to you." Tiffany handed her the small blue package.

"Err. You can keep it." Sunny looked at it. "I think it's your favorite. Tiffany and Co." Sunny handed the package back.

"Aish. I'll just give it back to him."

"Okay, okay. Come back here at 5 okay? I'll just stay here."

Tiffany nodded and went  outside.

She looked for Donghae. She found him in the East Courtyard, the nearest to the guest rooms.

"Annyeong!~" Tiffany greeted him.

"Annyeong!" Donghae greeted him back. He was not dressed yet for the ball. He was sitting on a bench.

"I wanted to give this back to you." Tiffany handed the small blue package.

"She did not accept it?" Donghae asked. Tiffany shook her head.

"I'll go now."

"Tiffany, wait. Let's talk for a while. Sit beside me."

Tiffany obeyed. There was a moment of silence.

"I didn't want to marry yet. I think that I am more of a prince than to be a king. I don't think I can handle responsibilities yet. If I would marry soon, I may not enjoy the life. For me, having a wife will add to the responsibility." Donghae said, looking at the package.

"So, what happened to your parents? Why can't they run the Kingdom and pass it on to you?"

"They are too old. My father is sick. That's why."

"You know what I think?" Tiffany asked him.

"What?"

"I think that having someone to hold on to while running a Kingdom is a great thing. The responsibility is all in you but of course, your wife will share it with you. I think it's really romantic."

"Thanks." Donghae said. He opened the package. It's a Tiffany and Co. necklace. There was a diamond embedded on the pendant. He put it around Tiffany's neck. She could smell his scent. What a lovely scent! Blood rushed in her cheeks. I must be blushing. She thought.

"I thought that this necklace would look good on her. But she didn't accept it, so I'll like it if you would use it."

"Thank you." she smiled at him. He smiled back. Her heart melt when he looked at her. Sweat started to come out from her pores.

"At first, I really didn't like the sound of the marriage. But when I saw her, my thoughts changed. It's just like magic. I think I'm in love with her."

Tiffany was out of words. Donghae can't fall in love with Sunny. Sunny loves Sungmin. Sungmin likes Tiffany. Tiffany was falling in love with Donghae.

"You fell in love with Soonkyu when you just met her?" Tiffany asked in disbelief.

"Yes. It's like love at first sight." Tiffany was struck. She looked at Donghae's wrist. There was a watch.

"Uhh, what time is it?" She asked him.

"Ah, it's 4:00pm." He said as he looked at his watch.

"Thank you, but I really must go now." Tiffany stood and bowed at him. Then she went to her room. Her room is at the right side of the East Courtyard.

She closed the door in her room and locked it. Her heart was beating fast.

"No, Mi-Young~ You can't fall in love with the King!" she said to herself. She lay down in her bed. She kept on remembering about what happened earlier. The necklace, his smiles, his scent. She can't stop thinking about him.


a/n; This update is short (I think). I hope you all like the HaeFany moment!~ Oh, more moments to come in the next chapter! Please comment ;)