Chapter Fourteen

Soonkyu's Quest

chapter 14: Moment of Truth

 

"Siwon-sshi! You've got to help me! Sungmin's gone. I don't know where he is. Please help me!" Sunny begged the Queen's private advisor.

"I shall bring you back to the palace milady. Queen's orders." Siwon replied, still dragging Sunny by her arm.

"Wait!" Sunny struggled and finally Siwon let go of her hand.

"Do you need something, your highness?" Siwon asked.

"Where are the Knights? Why are you alone? And, why on earth aren't we heading back to the castle, as you said?" Sunny's head was innocent for a moment until Siwon's expression changed.

"Wait! Don't give that look on me!" Sunny demanded. Now her mind is full of suspicion.

"If you weren't so clever, milady." Siwon said.

"Siwon-sshi. I demand you to leave me alone." Sunny said with a strong voice.

"I'm sorry Ma'am, now that you're suspecting me of something, I need to bring you somewhere different." Siwon said and with a swift move, she was in Siwon's arms.

"Yah! Put me down! This is an order!" Sunny tried to struggle but Siwon was strong. She tried to scream out loud, hoping that someone would hear her, but unfortunately, the forest was a lonely place.

Soon she gave up and shed tears as Siwon walk into an unending path. Sunny sobbed quietly until her eyes hurt.

She woke up when she heard a familiar voice.

"Yah! Siwon! Where is Tiffany?!" the voice said. Her eyes fluttered open when she heard Tiffany's name.

"Yah! Put me down!" Sunny struggled again, and this time, she was successful. When she finally straightened up, she saw Siwon close a prison cell's door and locked it. "Yah! You're gonna be arrested for this!"

Sunny cried again, and suddenly, she felt a hand tap on her shoulder. She turned around and saw Donghae.

"Donghae oppa!" Sunny beamed in excitement. She hugged the King and cried on his chest.

"My love. Why are you here?" Sunny's tears stopped flowing when she heard the word, love. Then she remembered Sungmin. Sunny pushed him away.

"Oppa, where is Fany?" she said.

"Siwon took him somewhere."

"I don't understand. How could Siwon be so bad? Who really is he?"

"You don't know?" Donghae asked.

Sunny shook her head. Then Donghae told her everything. She also told what she knows and how are things going around. Sunny felt her warm tears trail along her cheeks. She could not believe that Siwon was the bad guy after all.

"You don't have any idea where could he have taken Fany?" Sunny asked. Donghae just shook his head. "Do you know anyone in these guards?"

"I know all of them. But I can only trust one."

"Can you call him? Maybe, if I use it..." Sunny thought for a second.

"Use what?" Donghae asked.

"Just call him." Sunny said.

Donghae peeked out his head along the bars and called the old man. "Mr. Kim!" Donghae yelled and suddenly you could hear a man's footsteps.

"Yes, sire?" the old man asked.

Sunny made her way to the door and whispered something to him.

"Mr. Kim, is it? Can you please let us out? My friend is in danger and as well as my country. I am the Aegyo Empire's one and only Princess, heir to the throne. Please, kind sir. Please, let us out. We need to save the country. Do you have any idea if Siwon would reign over the whole world. It will be a dark world. Please, sir. please, let us out." Sunny said politely, yet very convincing. She used her awesome aegyo, which their family is very well-known of.

"You are the princess?" the man couldn't believe that he's seeing the princess in his own eyes. Sunny nodded. "My, my, something has to be done! But I just can't!"

"Please kind sir, I'm begging you. For the sake of our country." Sunny repeated.

The man scanned the area and Sunny could tell that her aegyo worked. When the man saw no sign of Siwon or any of his faithful servants, he get the keys and unlocked the door.

"Get Siwon fast, okay? Be safe." the man told them. Sunny smiled.

"Sir, do you know where Siwon lives? Or any hideout he might be lurking?"  Donghae asked the man.

"I only know that his house is in the other side of the forest. It's really far if you would walk." the man said.

"Thank you." Sunny bowed 90 degrees as well as Donghae. Donghae straightened up and grabbed Sunny.

"We need to walk now, love. Or else this problem won't cease."

-~-

Tiffany held the little brown book gingerly in her hands after reading it. It was Siwon's diary, and as she read it, she found out that Siwon was a good person, only overcome by evil. She also found out that there are many Jack the Ripper's in the world, of different countries. She also found out that Siwon was the one who took the Royal Family's money from the World Bank. She also found out that Siwon had fell in love with her from a long time ago, but she does not know him. She also found out that Siwon was the Queen's private advisor, and that the Queen's life was in danger since Siwon stepped his foot in the Great Hall.

She couldn't help to shed tears while remembering everything. How she wished that she didn't accept to be Siwon's wife. How she wished that she acted how she was supposed to act. How she wished that she could turn back time.

Tiffany was hungry. Although the maids gave her new dress to wear, they didn't bring her food nor water because of Siwon's orders. She missed her family, her brothers and sisters who are back at the palace. She missed her best friend. Her love.

It was raining hard outside. There must be a storm. She looked through the glass. It was dark. There's no sign of help from anyone. She couldn't help worrying about her friends. Suddenly the door opened and came the picture of Siwon. She stepped back.

"Mi-Young, we're moving." Siwon said.

"We're moving? What about Donghae?" Tiffany said.

"We're moving to England. They'll be dead in before this day ends."

"What are you talking about? They? Who are 'they' ?" Tiffany asked. She was positive she heard "they."

"It's not my fault. Please forgive me." Siwon caressed Tiffany. "I saw Sunny in the forest. I was going to take her to the castle, but she suspected me."

Hearing Sunny's name did it. She pushed Siwon away and slapped him. She tried to run but Siwon caught her arm. He pinned her to the wall.

"Let me go Siwon!" She shouted at him. Her tears fell continuously.

Siwon slapped her. "You are not going anywhere!"

Siwon felt sorry and mad at the same time. He couldn't stand her crying for his own enemy.

"Tiffany, I'm sorry. Please, forgive me." Siwon cupped her face and wiped her face.

"I-I don't want to leave yet. Let us leave tomorrow morning." Tiffany said. Trying to stop her tears. Siwon's face calmed. Tiffany looked him in the eyes. They were centimeters apart. He leaned in and kissed her romantically on the lips.

"I'm going to get dinner for you. Stay here, okay?" Siwon said. He kissed Tiffany's forehead and left.

Didn't he know that Tiffany lied, and it was a fool of him to forget to lock her. Siwon hurried down the staircase to the kitchen. While he was at it, Tiffany scurried her way out.

The rain was pouring hard outside. She didn't care about the rain. She didn't care if she ran slowly. As long as she don't stop. She ran. She don't know where she's going. She don't know what she's doing. She don't know why is she running. She just want to get out of the place. Anywhere. Anywhere time would take her. Away from Siwon.

Meanwhile, Siwon was humming a hymn as he hold the tray of food for Tiffany. He was happy, because he felt Tiffany's love for the first time. He felt he has a place in her heart. Somehow.

"Mi-Young~" he called. He pushed the door and get inside.

The tray fell in his hands. He felt betrayed. A tear traced along his left eye. He quickly ran outside, hoping he would catch her and get her back. He ignored the rain. He called her. He thought he we lose her. But he caught a glimpse of her dress.

"Mi-Young!" Siwon called but she just kept on running. He was faster than her. Stronger. He caught her arm.

"Let me go!" Tiffany screamed.

Suddenly there was a swift sound. They were both silent. An arrow was shot in his left shoulder. And another one. Tiffany was shocked. They were not alone. Siwon was in real pain.

Suddenly two men came running. Their swords were already drawn.

"Let the woman go." the taller man said.

Siwon pulled the arrow from his shoulders and drew his sword. The clashing of swords were really fast. Too fast for Tiffany to watch. It hurts her. She was afraid of getting hurt. She was afraid of someone getting hurt.

Suddenly there was a loud cry. It was the man. Siwon just stabbed him in his torso. It was enough for him to fall. Siwon then faced the other man. Then they had a duel. The man was swift and has good combat skills. But Siwon stabbed the man's arm and the man fell on his knees. The man was still alive and breathing.

"You fool! No man can kill me! Now die!" Siwon was about to swing his sword when the man stabbed him in the stomach. The man stood up and put his mask away.

"I am no man." Sunny said. Sunny pushed her sword deeper and the blade of her sword went through his body.

"It can't be." Siwon muttered and fell.

Tiffany was surprised. It was her best friend after all. She hugged Sunny with all her might.

"Sunny! I missed you so much!" Tiffany cried.

"I missed you too Fany!~" Sunny cried too.

Then the man on the ground groaned.

"Donghae." Sunny said.

"Donghae? Donghae!" Tiffany went to Donghae's side. He was badly injured.

"Tiffany?" Donghae asked.

"Donghae. Please don't leave me. Not yet." Tiffany cried.

"I'm sorry Tiffany." Donghae choked.

"Don't say that Oppa! Just hold on, okay? We'll get help!" Tiffany cried.


A/N: I'M SO SORRY GUYS FOR NOT UPDATING FOR SO LONG. PLEASE FORGIVE ME. ;~; Just been very busy in school. The fic is ending nearly. Please anticipate for the ending!

I didn't edit anything guys, so please forgive my grammar. Please comment guys~ I promise I'll update ASAP. :)