Chapter Five

Soonkyu's Quest

chapter five: Little Accident

 

Tiffany wore a simple long gown. She wanted to be comfortable especially when she is to handle with books. She woke up early to read some books because at 9:00 am, her French class starts and then the other classes will start. It was still 7:00am, Tiffany happily made her way to the Library, where you can find lots of books about Aegyo Empire History, Novels about Aegyo, and some fairytales and stuffs.

She picked somewhere in the History section, then she saw an unfamiliar book. It must be a new shipment. She pulled it out. On the cover, it says, "Fishy Empire History." She was intrigued about it and decided that she will read it.

Her favorite spot is the farthest one. She can have some privacy, and she can enjoy the books more if she's alone. But when she got to her favorite table, someone  was already there.

"Donghae oppa?" Tiffany said in awe. She could not believe what she's seeing.

"Oh, hi there, Tiffany!" Donghae greeted her.

"Wow, you got a lot of books there." Tiffany said as she gazed upon the pile of books in the table.

"Well, I'm kinda curious about the things around here, so I might as well read some." Donghae said. "You wanna join me?"

"Uhh. Sure."

Tiffany sat on the other side of the table so that she's facing him. She opened the first page. There was a map of the entire Kingdom. Wow, the Fishy Empire is really big. She thought. She looked up to him, unconciously.

She blushed looking into his perfect face. Those heart melting eyes. That beautiful nose. His kissable lips. His lovely hair. Suddenly a smile was formed on her face. Just looking at him.

She then put her head down and kept reading. She can't resist looking in him. Her eyes wants to focus on him but her head was still down. Her heart then started beating in an unknown fast rhythm. She felt that something surprising will happen.

"Tiffany, aren't you reading?" Donghae sudddenly asked. His voice was really soft and echanting to her.

"Huh?" Tiffany asked in confusion.

"It seems likes you were lost or something. Your eyes aren't moving." He said.

"Y-you can see my eyes?" She stuttered. What? How? Why? Omo~ He must be looking at me. This is so embarrassing. She said in her thoughts.

"Yeah, I think your eyes are pretty and innocent." Donghae said. "Are done reading?"

"Uhh. I guess so." Tiffany closed the book and played with her fingers.

"Would you help me take these back?" Donghae said tapping his hand on the pile of books.

"Sure." They stood up and she carried her book. She also carried half of the books in Donghae's pile.

The books in her hands were all from the History Section while the books in his hands were from the Political and Philosophy Sections.

They started putting back the books in the Philosophy Section because it was the nearest at the back. After that, they went to the Political Section which is in the front. Then they went to the History Section just beside the Political Section.

Every book was now in their places except for one. Aegyo Empire History, which is always located at the topmost part of the bookcase.

"Uhh. How about  this one?" Donghae then tried to put the book there. But it was too high.

"How did you get it?"

"Uhh. I don't really know. There was this tall librarian but I guess he wasn't around. So I'll put this up myself."

"I think it will be a bit hard." Tiffany said.

Donghae nodded. They thought for a while, then suddenly something came up in Donghae's mind.

"What if you put it up there?" Donghae suddenly asked.

"What?" Tiffany asked in surprise.

"Come on, let's try. Hold on to my back, okay." Donghae said. Then he grabbed her waist and tried to lift her. She gasped at his sudden movement. She was still holding the book. She hold on to him as he said. She tried to balance for a bit then she pushed the book to the bookcase.

"Okay, you can put me down now." Tiffany nervously said. He gently put her down. But when she was halfway to the ground, Donghae lost his balance and he fell. She also fell on top on him. They were inches apart. Their lips almost touch. They looked in each other's eyes for a moment. She can smell the sweet scent she's been wanting. He smiled then she blushed. Tiffany almost forgot who is this person.

"I'm sorry, your highness." She stood and helped him stand too.

"No, it's fine. I should be the one sorry, it's my fault." They walked their way outside.

When they were by the door, Tiffany bowed.

"I'm going now, your highness." her face was like a tomato. She started to walk away.

"Hey." Donghae caught her arm. She turned around.

"I told you yesterday, no more formalities, alright?" Donghae smiled. Tiffany smiled too and nodded. Donghae let go of her arm and she walked away to no particular place. She looked at her watch, it was already 10:00 am. It was already time for Painting class.

When she got to the room where the teacher helds her lessons, she quickly went inside and sat beside Sunny, who was just painting something.

"Lady Mi-Young you're almost late. Have you met with the word, 'punctuality?'" the teacher asked as she cleans the canvas.

"I'm sorry Ma'am. It just happen that a little accident get in my way."

"I suppose this little accident is far more important that you studies, eh? Now, I want you to paint something that comes from your heart. Use only three colors." the teacher said.

"Ma'am? Only three colors? But that's impossible." Tiffany complained.

"I repeat, only three colors." the teacher said.

Tiffany looked at her color palette. Hmm. What color should I use? She said to herself then she suddenly thought of Donghae. It means East Sea, as she recovers from her English skills. She chose blue, orange, and yellow. Then she started to paint.

The teacher went out for a bit.

"What happened to you?" Sunny asked, not looking at Tiffany.

"I just came across someone." Tiffany said then she suddenly blushes as she remember the accident.

"Fany-ah~ Who is this someone?"

"Uhh. It's Donghae." Tiffany hesitated.

"Oh~ so you're in love with the King?" Sunny smiled at her.

"What are you talking about?" Tiffany said. "I'm not in love with him."

"You can't lie to me, Fany-ah~ Come on, I can help you!" Sunny winked at her. "Let's talk about this later, okay?"


a/n; I hope you all like that HaeFany moment. Kekeke~ Hmm. Looks like Princess Soonkyu has another plan, eh? Stay tuned! And, please do comment. Tell me what you think about this chapter~