Chapter Four

Soonkyu's Quest

chapter four: Long Night

 

There were many guests in the Centennial Hall, where all gatherings were held. The guests will wait at that particular hall before moving to The Great Hall, where the dances were held for special occassions. The guests all came from royal families coming from the other empires.

"I never thought mom would plan such thing so grand as these." Sunny told Tiffany as they peeked from the railing in the second floor.

"Hey, why is the both of you hiding there? Come over here, you'll see so much better!" Sooyoung told them.

"I am kinda afraid of what we're gonna do." Tiffany said as she come closer to Sooyoung.

"Don't worry. We'll put on eye masks later. No one can identify our identity." Sooyoung said.

"Tch. I think we need to change plans. I didn't know that the Ball would come first before the dinner." Sunny said to herself coming closer to Tiffany.

The night was sparkling. Tables were set around the dance floor. There were six buffets of different cuisines. They could see the other girls with their escorts. Lady Taeyeon was with Lord Kangin. Duchess Jessica was with her husband, Duke Hankyung. Mademoiselle Hyoyeon was with the French king Monsieur Eunhyuk. Prince Leeteuk was with his girl friend Lady Yuri. Contessa Yoona with Prince Kibum. Duke Yonghwa with Lady Seohyun. More guests arrive as time pass by.

"Sunny unnie, I think it's about to start." Sooyoung said. "Come on, Fany unnie, let's go down now. The Princess will make her own entrance with the Queen." Sooyoung pulled Tiffany and they left Sunny.

Then the horn was sounded. The entrance of the queen and the princess will start. Sunny walked to the center of the staricase. She met with her mom. Sunny put her arm on the queen's arm and they made their way down.

Sunny could feel her cheeks heating up as she saw the guests' eyes on her. The maid must've overdid her make-up and made her gorgeous to the maximum level. Not to mention that the hue of the dress she's wearing matches her skin. The dress she wore hugs her body perfectly. The gentlemen looked at her in awe. At the last step, King Donghae took Sunny's hand and they walked up to the center while the queen walked up to her throne with her .

Sunny put her left hand onto his right shoulder. Her right hand on his left hand. His right hand on her waist.

Oh no. The plan's ruined. Sunny thought to herself. "Are you nervous?" Donghae suddenly asked her.

"Yes, your highness." Sunny looked at his eyes.

"This is just a Waltz. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do fine. No more formalities, okay? Just plain Donghae is all right." Donghae gave her a smile. A smile that could take anybody's heart. Except for Soonkyu. There is just one man who belongs her heart.

As the music started, the other guests danced with their partners. Soonkyu tried to look for Tiffany and Sooyoung but they can't be seen. She looked for Sungmin as they danced. She spotted him drinking alcohol in a distant buffet. He was talking with Tiffany. Sunny clenched her fists.

"Are you all right Soonkyu?" Donghae asked her.

"I'm fine." Sunny said, still looking at the Sungmin and Tiffany.

When the music ended, the others put on their masks, so as the gents who put on black masks. Sunny put on her pink mask and Donghae put on his black mask too.

 "Let me take you to the beverages area." Donghae told her. He held her hand and guided her to the beverages area, the area where Sungmin is.

When they got there, she gave Tiffany a do-your-job-now-look.

"I can take it from here." Sunny said. She felt two pair of eyes on her as she talked to Donghae. She smiled at him. Donghae bent and kissed her hand.

Tiffany put on her mask and did her job.

"Donghae oppa~" Sunny heard Tiffany say, then they can't be seen.

Sungmin didn't wear his mask at all. He looks drunk and his eyes had a hue of red already but Sunny was sure that he can still think.

"Oppa, meet me in the South Courtyard. Let's talk." Sunny whispered in her ear.

She went to the South Courtyard and she sat at the farthest bench from the doors. After some minute of waiting, Sungmin finally came.

"Soonkyu?" he sat beside her.

"Oppa, why are you drinking?" She said as she took off her mask. She carressed his face.

"I'm confused."

"Oppa, please don't do this. Don't make me worry." Sunny said.

He didn't gave a response. He was just looking at the moon. There was a long pause.

"What do you want?" Sungmin suddenly said.

"I wanted to talk to you." Sunny replied.

"Is that all?" Sungmin asked. Sunny nodded then he stood. "I'm leaving."

"Wait oppa!" Sunny caught his arm. Sungmin tried to get away but he changed his mind.

"What do you want?" They stared at each other's eyes.

"Oppa, please take me away from here. Let's go somewhere." Sunny stood and went closer to him.

"The palace guards won't allow it." He turned his head away.

"Then let's escape!" She held his hand.

"You are one stubborn child. Do you really want this?" He faced her again.

Sunny nodded.

"No." Sungmin said in a firm voice.

"Please oppa." Sunny said in a cute tone. Her free hand held his face and she stole a kiss from him. She tasted liquor but there is still sweetness. He kissed back. The kiss lasted longer than she expected. He kissed her jawline then he kissed her neck. It made her moan. Suddenly Sungmin pulled away when he realized what he did.

"This is wrong." he said. He distance himself from her.

"I-I'm sorry Soonkyu. I was drunk." he said. Then Sungmin went inside leaving her behind.

-~-

"Donghae oppa~" Tiffany called Donghae. Donghae turned around.

"Tiffany-sshi?" Donghae looked at Tiffany in awe. She looked really beautiful, almost as beautiful as Princess Soonkyu. Her silky white skin was exposed because her hair was tied in a tight bun. Her gown was nearly the same as Soonkyu's but this one was more simple yet elegant.

She smiled at him. Even though she had an eye mask, you could still see her awesome eye smiles. Donghae bent and kissed her hand.

"Would you dance with me, Milady?" Donghae asked.

"It's my pleasure, your highness." Donghae led her to a spot where they can dance. When they got to a perfect spot, they bowed to each other. They start to dance to the beat of Minuet.

"You look quite dashing today." Donghae said, examining the little doll in his arms right now.

"Thank you~"

"You wear it huh? That's really nice of you." Donghae said while looking at the necklace she's wearing.

"Yeah, thank you for that. I really love it." Tiffany replied.

In the whole dance they talked and talked. Tiffany can't help falling for him. But he only sees her as a friend.

Soon the dance was finished.

"You dance very gracefully." Donghae praised her.

"Thank you~" Tiffany gave him a smile. They bowed to each other and the next music played. A tall figure came toward them.

"Excuse me, your highness. May I take your hand for this dance?" Sooyoung smiled at Donghae and offered him a hand. It made Tiffany laugh.

"Donghae oppa, this is my friend, Sooyoung." Tiffany introduced Sooyoung. "Sooyoung, this is King Donghae."

Donghae smiled. "I'll be my pleasure." Donghae took Sooyoung's hand.

Tiffany went to the table where there are the other girls.

"Annyeong Lady Taeyeon~" Tiffany greeted Lady Taeyeon.

"Annyeong Lady Mi-Young! Long time no see~" Taeyeon greeted her too.

They sat down with the other five girls.

"Lady Mi-Young~ Is it true that Lady Soonkyu will marry that handsome gentleman with Lady Sooyoung?" Lady Yoona asked.

"Indeed~ How are things going? It's been a very long time since we last spend time with each other." Tiffany asked the girls.

They talked about themselves, how are they doing since their last get together, gossiping about the things around the world.

Suddenly Sunny joins them, her aura is very dark.

"Lady Soonkyu~ What happened?" Duchess Jessica said.

"Ugh, long story Ladies." Soonkyu replied.

"Lady Soonkyu, now that you're getting married, how about Count Sungmin?" Mlle Hyoyeon asked.

"Madamoiselle Hyoyeon, that is one of my problem."

"Ladies, I wonder how Count Sungmin reacted about this. In the very beginning, I can feel that Count Sungmin has feeling for Lady Soonkyu." Lady Yuri said. The others nodded.

"Tch. Those are lies, Ladies. Right now, he has different feelings." Lady Soonkyu said.

"Aww. Please do calm down Lady Soonkyu~ You still have to go in front. The queen will present you and that gentleman to the public. You need to look as beautiful as always." Lady Seohyun said.

"Yes, I know. I'm not in really such a good mood tonight." Lady Soonkyu answered to no one in particular.

Soon the thrid dance, which is the Foxtrot, was over. The queen announced that it is time for dinner. So, everyone ate. Of course, Soonkyu and Mi-Young will sit with the queen. Count Sungmin and King Donghae also sit with the queen.

In the middle of the dinner, the queen stood up and announced the marriage of her only daughter, Lady Soonkyu, to the Fishy Empire King, Donghae. There were lots of applause. The queen said that everyone is invited to the wedding, and that the wedding will take place as soon as possible.

It was a very tiring day. Bloody hell, so many things happened today! Sungmin and I haven't even made up. Tch. Sunny thought as she dress into her nightgown.


a/n; Please comment guys~ Please tell me what you think about the story so far, and how could I make it a better one? ;)