Chapter Two

Soonkyu's Quest

chapter two: Conversations

 

Soonkyu cried all morning in her bed as Mi-Young comforting her. She couldn't believe Sungmin's words. He doesn't love him back. He would even support her to Donghae. How is she supposed to marry someone she didn't love? Especially when the person she loves is a close friend.

"Soonkyu~ please don't cry anymore." Mi-Young said.

"Y-you don't.. Know h-how.. Hard. I-it is." Sunny managed.

"Don't say things like that."

"H-he doesn't love m-me."

"Hush Sunny-ah~ It's so early in the morning to have swollen eyes. Men don't like that."

"I-I can't help it. It hurts so m-much."

"Soonkyu~ You need to keep on fighting. Maybe there would be something to get away from this."

Soonkyu suddenly stopped crying. She straightened up.

"Of course Mi-young! I can tell my mom that I don't want to get married to Donghae."

"You will?"

"Yes." Soonkyu went to the bathroom to fix her face.

She used a towel to get the water out. She put on some make up to look presentable.

"Would you like to come with me Fany-ah~?" Soonkyu looked at the clock. It was 1:00 pm. Her mom would be in the courtyard.

"Sure, sure." Tiffany then stood up and they started to look for Soonkyu's mom.

They went to the North Courtyard, the favorite spot of her mom. As expected, she was there, along with some maids, tending the plants. Mi-Young stayed at the nearby bench.

"Mom, I wanted to talk to you." Soonkyu approached her mom.

"What is it, dear?" the queen asked as she examined a nearby rose.

"I don't want to marry King Donghae." the queen looked at Soonkyu.

"I don't understand, Soonkyu. Why not? I thought you like someone kind, smart, gentle, and of royalty."

"Yes, mom. But I already found someone before you found King Donghae."

"My dear, this is about our country." They started to walk around the courtyard. "If you don't marry King Donghae, Aegyo Empire will cease to grow and this woudln't be the same as it was before. Who is this lucky young man you're talking about?"

"It's Sungmin, mom." there was a pause.

"Have you told him your feelings, honey?"

"Not yet." She shook her head.

"I think you should tell him about your feelings."

"What about King Donghae?"

"I'm sure he'll understand, honey."

Soonkyu hugged her mom. "Thank you so much, mom! I love you."

Sunny went to Tiffany. When she got to the bench, Sungmin was with her.

"Sungmin oppa~" Sunny called him.

"Yes, Soonkyu-sshi?" Sungmin stood up and met up with her.

"How are you oppa? I missed you!~" Sunny said and she hugged Sungmin.

"I missed you too, Soonkyu~" Sungmin hugged her back.

"Oppa, I have something to tell you. Can we talk in private?" Soonkyu said, breaking the hug.

They went to a distant bush, where no one can hear their conversation.

"What is it, Sunny bunny?"

"Oppa, I don't want to marry King Donghae."

"Oh.  Why? I know he is of your type."

"Because, I already love someone else. I don't want to get married to someone I don't even know. Please help me, oppa."

"That maybe is hard, you know? The queen arranged your marriage."

"Please oppa~"

"Okay, okay. In one condition."

"What is it?"

"I'll help you get rid of King Donghae if you would help me with Mi-Young-sshi."

Soonkyu's heart skip a beat.

"Y-you like Mi-Young?" Soonkyu asked. Sungmin nodded.

"I-I don't understand. Why does life have to be so cruel?" Tears started to form in her eyes.

"What do you mean? Hey, don't say things like that." Sungmin tried to comfort her.

"Why wouldn't I? Can't you see Oppa? I love you~" Sunny waited for his answer.

Sungmin shook his head.

"There must be a mistake Soonkyu." he said.

Sunny ran away, back to her room.

"Sunny?" she heard Fany ran after her.

While they were running, they passed King Donghae.

"Soonkyu?" Sunny heard him, but didn't face him. She just wanted to be alone. To have a peace of mind.

Tiffany stopped near Donghae because she was exhausted.

"Excuse me, are you her friend?" Donghae asked Tiffany.

She nodded. When she looked at him, she saw kind and handsome face. His expression was filled with worries.

"Yes, your highness." Tiffany said, still panting.

"No need for formalities, you can call me Donghae." He said casually. "What is your name?"

"It's Mi-Young. But I prefer being called Tiffany."

"Are you American?"

"Err, sort of."

"What is with your friend? Why is she running?"

"I don't know. That's why I'm running after her. How about you? What are you doing here?"

"I was trying to find her. Which I did, a couple of minutes ago."

"Why?"

"I wanted to give her something."

"I don't think that she will allow visitors right now. Maybe you'd like me to pass it on to her?"

"Yes." He took out something from his pocket. It was a small blue package. "Can you give it to her? It's just a little present."

"Sure. I'll go now." Tiffany bowed to the king and left.

She hurriedly went to Soonkyu's quarters. When she got there, the door was locked. "Tch." Tiffany complained. Then she thought of something. She went to a nearby alley. Then she turned right and slid though an opening. The way was kind of small, but it would lead to her Dressing Room. She opened the door in there, and went inside.

When she got inside, Soonkyu was holding her Journal, where most of her treasures are there.

"What happened Sunny?" Tiffany scooted beside Sunny.

"I'm right. He doesn't love me. He loves somebody else." Sunny said, while looking to a key hung onto a lace.

"I'm so sorry Sunny~" Tiffany tried to comfort her. She hugged her.

"You know what's more than that?" Sunny asked. Tiffany shook her head. "He told me that it was a mistake."

"How could he? Oh, Soonkyu~ I will kill him." Tiffany promised.

"Don't kill him, silly. I love him."

"Yeah, but he made you cry." Tiffany said.

There was a long pause.

"I have a plan, Fany-ah~" Sunny suddenly said.

"Hmm? What is it?" Tiffany asked.

"My plan is confidential. I, and only I knows it. So you can't take part in it."

"Ugh. That's so selfish of you Soonkyu~"

"Kekeke~ Just stay calm, okay? I'm not gonna do anything bad." Sunny winked at Tiffany.


a/n; Guys, here's the update! Thank you for subscribing! I love you all! ;) Yeah, Sunny's a bit moody in here. I'm gonna add an HaeFany moment in the next chapter! Guys, could you please comment more so that I'll know if you're really interested. Just to keep my spirits up! ;D

Any kind of comments are highly appreciated!