Chapter One

Soonkyu's Quest

chapter one: Big Surprise

 

"Soonkyu!~" Mi-Young chanted as she happily walk in Soonkyu's room.

"Mi-Young!~" She heard Soonkyu call from the bathroom.

"Soonkyu! I have a big surprise for you!" Mi-Young said as she admire herself from a nearby mirror.

"Woah! So many people wanted to surprise me these days. What is it?"

"It's about your Sungmin."

"Is he back?"

"Yes, he's back! I saw him yesterday while I was sneaking my way back to my room."

"Ah, I see. Just as he promised. He promised me that he will come back soon on his last letter. So cute! Never breaking his promises."

"Hmm. You've been in touch with him, huh? That's so cute."

Sunny went out the bathroom in her pink bathrobe. She headed to the dressing room.

"Soonkyu~" Mi-Young squealed.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Mi-Young? It's Sunny, right?"

"Aish! Yeah. Hey! Call me Tiffany! No more traditional names, right?"

"Yeah. So, what are you gonna tell me?" Sunny entered the dressing room.

"Sunny~ I didn't mean to eavesdrop on the queen-"

"You eavesdropped on my mother? That's so rude!"

"No! I eavesdropped because I heard your name."

"Wae? What are they talking about? Mom called for me this morning. She said she have a big surprise for me."

"A big surprise? They call that a big surprise?"

"Why? What is it?"

"Tch. I think your mom explains it better."

"No Fany~ please tell me!"

"Okay, okay. Sunny~ I think they are planning to have you married to a King."

"What?!"

"I told you."

"Omo~ What about Sungmin?" This can't be happening!" Sunny get out of the dressing room. She is beautiful, as always.

"Fany-ah~ What am I gonna do?"

"I don't know... Maybe it's time to tell Sungmin your real feelings."

Suddenly someone knocked on her door. "Ma'am ~ The queen wants to see you now."

"I'll be there in a minute!" Sunny called out.

"Let's go Fany-ah."

Tiffany nodded.

Soonkyu and Mi-Young entered the Great Hall together. Always known for their inseparable bond, the kingdom has no choice but to give Mi-Young an all-access privilege to the mansion.

The Great Hall was not really empty as they thought it would be. The queen was sitting on the throne beside the empty throne of the deceased King. Her body guards stood at the right end of the queen. Two men was waiting patiently on the left end of the queen. And Sungmin, along with two bodyguards are in the center of the room.

"Ah~ Here is Soonkyu!" the queen said and suddenly all faces were onto them. Mi-Young quickly made her way to the nearest empty place so that the attention was all in Soonkyu's.

"Soonkyu~ I have a big surprise for you. Two big surprises actually."

Soonkyu swallowed a lump of saliva in tense.

"The first surprise, it that your long lost friend, Lee Sungmin just came back. He became successful on his duty and now would earn a higher title." Soonkyu smiled to the man named Sungmin on her right side. He smiled back. Seeing those flawless skin, beady eyes, and curvacious lips back made her really happy.

"The second surprise." the queen continued. "Is that I would have you marry this wonderful young man." Lightning struck her and broke her heart into pieces. The queen motioned for a young man to come near her. "This is King Donghae, dear." The queen said. Donghae bowed at her. She bowed back.

As she straightened up, she turned to face Sungmin.

"Congratulations Soonkyu! I'm here to support you." Sungmin whispered at her. Tears started flowing in her eyes. She searched the room for Tiffany. When she spotted her, Tiffany gave her a sorry look.

"Your highness. I would like to go back to my room." Sunny told her mom.

"Oh, sure dear. We will have a dinner with King Donghae. Don't forget, okay?"

"Yes, your highness."

Soonkyu bowed to her majesty, bowed to the so-called-fiance, and bowed to Sungmin.

Tiffany met her halfway the door and they both went to her room.