Chapter 12

Soonkyu's Quest

chapter 12: Danger

 

It was Sunny and Sungmin's second night of hunting Jack the Ripper down, at the same time, finding Tiffany and Donghae. They were in the middle of an argument when they were walking around the forest. It was already midnight and no one was supposed to troll outside the castle because a serial killer was on the loose.

"We've already patrolled in this area oppa! I should be the one navigating the map!" Sunny complained. 

"Well, if you were so clever, then fine!" Sungmin handed the map to her. She glared at him.

"Aish! See, you're even holding it the wrong way! That's why we've been going in circles!" Sunny hissed at him.

"Hey, it's not my fault the markings were incorrect." Sungmin fired back.

"Ugh! Don't yell right now! People might hear us!" Sunny shot him another glare as they walk towards a path.

"Haha! So you think someone might hear us? Well, yeah, they'll hear us if you weren't that noisy." Sungmin laguhed, emphasizing on that.

"Tch. You're so mean, oppa! At least we're not going in circles anymore."

"I know, right?" Sungmin smiled at himself. He just liked teasing Sunny that way, she's becoming gorgeous everytime.

Sunny started blabbering some words which he didn't understand. They were walking on a darker side of the forest. Sunny was still busy with the map, when Sungmin heard something.

"Honey, get hold of your sword." Sungmin said silently. Sunny trembled at his sudden silence. She knew that Sungmin is not joking and they are in a danger. She quickly drew out her sword like what Sungmin did.

"Oppa, I only took Basic Class in holding these kind of things." Sunny whispered.

"It's all right. Just don't let them get onto your back." Sungmin whispered back.

Then the sound came back.

"Get behind me." Sungmin hissed. Sunny quickly followed.

It was fast. Very fast. Suddenly a man appeared before them. He was wearing a mask to hide his identity. The man was wearing black sleeveless tops. There was a tattoo on his left arm. Sungmin swung his sword against the man's sword. They battled in front of Sunny. She was both weak and worried at the same time.She could not do anything to help her loved one. She just stood there, completely frozen, watching as Sungmin showered in his own sweat.

The clashing of blades were so fast. All you could see were streaks of silver blades exchanging hard attacks. Suddenly a loud cry escaped the man's mouth. Sungmin had stabbed the man with his sword and the man fell to the ground. Sungmin went to the man's side and took the mask off.

"Who are you?!" Sungmin looked straight in the man's eyes. But he did not answer. He was not close to dying but the injury Sungmin made is critical. Sungmin searched the man's pockets and found a family picture. Sunny went beside him.

"It must be his family." Sunny said full of pity.

"I am really sorry. But he tried to kill us." Sungmin said.

"Are we going to leave him here?" Sunny asked.

"Yes." Sungmin put the family picture back to the man's pocket and stood. "Let's follow his trails."

They followed the man's trails. It lead to an old inn. They can see the yellow lights from the inn. And they can hear people inside.

"Don't speak. They will figure out you're a woman." Sungmin told Sunny. "Put on your hat." Sunny obeyed.

When they got inside, they saw many people. Some were driking by the bar and the others were at the tables, either drinking or eating. They went to the man tending the bar.

"We need a room for two please." Sungmin told the man. The man quickly scanned the log book.

Meanwhile, Sunny was looking around the room when she saw someone familiar enter the inn. The man who just entered has an eye mask yet he wears pure black. He spoke to one of the men standing by the door and pointed to something by the staris.

"Sir, there's only one room left for a single person." The bar tender told him.

"We'll take it." Sungmin said.

The bar tender gave them the key. "Second floor, last room on the last corridor." Sungmin nodded took the key.

Sunny followed Sungmin to the room. When they got there, they locked the door and the lights.

"Oppa, I saw Siwon." Sunny said.

"What? In the inn? What's he doing?" Sungmin replied.

"I don't know... Isn't he supposed to patrol in this time of hour?"

"Yeah... Maybe they took a rest and bought some drinks for the knights."

"I don't think so... Siwon is alone. Besides, I didn't hear horses outside when he came in."

"We'll talk about this tomorrow. Meanwhile, just sleep. I'll sleep in the sofa."

"No! It would be uncomfortable! Let's sleep together in the bed."

"No. Just sleep there. Besides, we won't fit."

"We will fit. Just trust me. We won't do anything, right?"

"Right."

Sunny and Sungmin took off their shoes. Sunny changed into something more comfortable in the bathroom then she lay in the bed. Sungmin turned off the lights before joining Sunny in the bed, too.

"I told you it's uncomfortable." Sungmin said.

"Uhh.. You can put your arms around my waist so that we will fit."

"No! I can't do that. That's inappropriate!"

"Of course you can do that! You're my soon to be husband."

There was a moment of silence between the two. Sunny smiled when she felt his hand slowly crept around her waist. Then they fell asleep.

-~-

Meanwhile, at Siwon's house, Tiffany had just finished her supper. The maids are looking after her so she doesn't have a chance to escape. She was going back to the room Siwon showed him when he came back from the inn.

"Aren't you going to sleep now? It's already past 11:00pm. It's not good for your skin." Siwon said.

"I don't care." Tiffany said.

"Ah, so you're just gonna act cold to me until you learn to love me?"

"That will never happen." Tiffany glared at him.

Siwon was taken a back at her words. She just walked pass him and reached for the door knob when Siwon took hold of her arms.

"Yah! Get off!" Tiffany struggled. " I am not a foreman in one of your knights that you can command. I am your fiancée. "

"My fiancée! Yes, you are, and my wife. My wife in practice if not yet by law, so you will honor me. You will honor me the way a wife is required to honor a husband. Because I will not be made a fool, Mi-Young. Is this in any way unclear?"

"No." Tiffany replied. Siwon let go of her arms. His strong grip made marks on Tiffany's delicate skin.

"I am sorry." Siwon said coldly and left her. He went to upstairs to his room, which Tiffany took notice of.

Tiffany went to 'her' room and cried all night there. When she is done crying, she washed her face in the bath room and cleaned herself. When she is done, she looked at the watch. It was already 1:00 am yet she didn't felt like sleeping.

She silently walked across her room to the door. She opened the door and prevented the door from creaking. When she got out, she saw that the rain was pouring hard outside. She silently went to the kitchen and grabbed on knife. She silently went upstairs to Siwon's room. When she opened the door, she was surprised to see Siwon's peaceful sleeping face beneath the covers. She locked the door behind her.

Her thoughts battled in her mind. No, Fany, don't kill him. You know this is wrong. You can just escape somehow, sometime. Fany, this is your chance, he is the reason why you're here! Your conscience will hunt you forever. You know what he did, he is bad! Don't do it! Just do it! Fany! Fany!

When the tip of the knife touched Siwon's neck, his eyes opened wide. It surprised Tiffany.

"Do it." Siwon whispered.

Tiffany's hands shook. She was nervous.

"Just do it." Siwon tried to sit up.

"Don't move!" Tiffany cried. Her tears started to flow along her cheeks.

Siwon made a quick move and suddenly, she was on the bed and Siwon was on top of her.

The knife was still pointing to his neck. He was leaning against her.

He was about to kiss her when the knife fell out of her hands. Their lips met and suddenly her tears stopped falling.

She felt bad. Really bad. She had no idea that she will feel this kind of pleasure. Especially when she's doing it with the man she hated most. The man who took her life away from her. She wanted to fight against this. But her courage was eaten by her sudden reassurance. Somehow, she felt safe. She felt loved and cared. For a moment, she felt happy with him.

-~-

Sunny woke up without Sungmin by her side. She thought that Sungmin was in the bathroom but not. She didn't really thought that Sungmin would go without her. After she took a quick bath, she get dressed.

She was surprised to see a note by the foot of the bed. It said:

(12:00am) Soonkyu,
Please forgive me if this is all of a sudden.
I can't seem to feel sleepy
so I'll just stroll for a bit.
I put the time there, so if I didn't came back
and you are reading this note,
it means that something happened.
Just do what we're doing yesterday if I didn't came back.
I already paid the bills.
Don't worry though, I'll come back as soon as possible.
I'll be there when you woke up.
Just in case. ^^
Loving, Minnie. ♥

Sunny was strucked by the note. She checked the watch she's wearing and it's already 5:00am.


a/n: I AM VERY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. Been very very busy for a while. I am so sorry! >< Please don't hate me for this. Yeah, I'm sorry for HaeFany shippers, too. I just can't help adding a SiFany! It's one of my favorites. Kekeke~
Comments, Suggestions, and Opinions? Gladly accepted! :> TELL ME HOW WAS THIS CHAPTER! :>


COMMENT REPLIES!

@lovelove11 SiFanyHae? I'm glad you liked it! ^^

@ddilfany Thanks for loving it! LOL... Uhh.. Tiffany did it to save our Donghae! Hehehe~

@YesungJjang Yes, Siwon's supposed to be the good guy.. But in my story.. No.. Don't worry, I'm sure Siwon's gonna have a good ending, though.

@SuGenLover It's all right! Hehehe ^^ I sure hope you're liking this story :>

@famega Thank you! I hope you'll like the next chapters, too! ^^

@diddlesme Yes, it sure took me a while before I update.. I am very busy these days at the same time, I have a Writer's Block. So, I'm very sorry.. :> Hope you'll understand!

@fyeahbridges Yah! I'm so sorry unnie! Next time I'll put HaeFany... Maybe on the next chapters! ^^