Irresistible

When She Was A Boy

A month passed by since the day Amber crashed on Betty. Within this month, she had paid Dang before she met her deadline; her friendship with Chansung strengthened, but above all the improvements, Taec became just a little bit less meaner towards her.

It was the middle of October and finals were getting nearer. People would expect students to bury their heads on their books and burn their eyebrows but no, this was not the case for an excited Torrey and a disgruntled Amber.... who were found inside a mall.

"Come on Ambiiieee!! Let's go inside that one!" Torrey pointed happily at the shoe store and went inside first. Amber sighed exasperatedly. She's really not into shopping. 
"Torrey, you could've gone shopping without me." Amber complained, scratching her head irritably.
"Oh shut up, you killjoy." Torrey answered as she rolled her eyes on Amber. She continued on going in and out of different stores, looking for shoes, dresses, jeans and skirts while dragging an irritated Amber behind her. 

After shopping (and in Amber's case, groceries) they decided to go home. While they waited for the bus, Torrey sighed dreamily from space. 
"Isn't he gorgeous??" Torrey breathed.

Amber looked at the direction of her eyes and saw a huge billboard of the Thai idol Nichkhun. 

"Uhhh..." was all Amber can comment. Frankly, she did not know what to say on this kind of question. It felt awkward for her to answer questions that were too girly. Finally, a bus stopped and they hopped in. They separated ways when Amber reached Hottest street first.
"Bye." she waved at Torrey. She clutched her groceries and went inside the building, taking a quick ride on the elevator.

 

"Hey I'm back, why is it so hot in here? Did you turn off the aircon---" O________O

Amber was expecting to see Taec on his living room, either watching televison or playing DOTA, but what she saw made her blush in a deep shade of red and felt literally hot.

The moment she closed the door, six, hot, topless men turned to look at her. The temperature was sizzling hot inside the room, and it did not made her feel any better.

."W...Wha-- Who are you???" she stuttered as she looked at the four unfamiliar men beside Chance and Taec.

"We haven't introduced you our friends yet. Guys, this is Am- AJ." Chansung walked towards her and Amber briefly looked at his exposed chest. She blushed again.
 
"Try putting your shirt on Chance." Amber said.
 
He looked at his bare chest and quickly put on his shirt.
 
"I'm sorry, it's really hot in here." he said apologetically.
"This is Wooyoung," he pointed at the man with baby face and blonde hair. His dark eyes shined with happiness. He waved at her enthusiastically. "He's in Music and Performing Arts class, but we're on the same school."
"...This is Junho, same school and major like Wooyoung's." he pointed at the man on the far end of the room. He has a dark, black hair, and his eyes were so tiny you couldn't almost see it. He looked seriously at her and nodded curtly.
"...MinJun..." he pointed at the man with a kind face and who looked like the oldest of them all. "He's Taec's classmate." MinJun smiled at her.
"...and Nichkhun, he's just visiting the country." he pointed last at the man with brown hair and thick eyebrows. He was texting but when Chance called his name, he winked at her.
"N-Nichkhun?!" Amber said in disbelief. "The Thai Bench model?!"
"The one and only." Nichkhun replied, smiling.

Then she rounded at the shirtless Taec. "You're friends with Nichkhun??" she said.

Taec looked at her sarcastically. "Why is it such a surprise? Of course." he said in a matter-of-fact tone. "We're all Bench models." then he smirked, looking proud of himself.
"I guess someone wants your autograph Khun!" the guy named Wooyoung jeered.
Amber's ears went pink. "I do not want his autograph!" she shouted defensively while the others except Chansung sniggered.
"I remember you." MinJun said suddenly. "You're the one who gave Taec a pack of tracing paper back then right?" he asked.
"I don't know what you're talking about." she denied flatly. She did not want to remember that incident at all. Then she turned to Taec. "Why is it hot in here?" she asked.
"The air conditioner broke, isn't obvious? Go and fix it." he ordered.
 
Amber rolled her eyes and checked the aircon. Meanwhile, Wooyoung was talking animatedly with his friends.
 
"Hey, Hey! Nichkhun, who's that you're texting to? Is that you're new girl? What's her name?" he asked continuously.
"Shut up Wooyoung I'm busy." Nichkhun grunted.
"Oh, oh! How many girlfriends did you have Nichkhun? I know that Junho has one, Minjun has three, Chansung has none--" 

Chansung's eyes bulged. He scowled at Wooyoung.

 
"Eh? Is that true Chance?" Amber asked him.
 
Chansung looked at her and nodded. Nichkhun stopped texting and put an arm around him.
 
"Here's an advice from someone with experience little bro," he leaned to him and whispered. "A little bit of flirting and seduction do not hurt." then he winked at him and went back to texting.
 
*A little bit of seduction and flirting?*. He turned to look at Amber, who was back on checking the aircon. He nervously cleared his throat and went over her.
"Hey... Hey Amber," he said in the sultriest voice that he can muster.
 
 
Amber turned to look at Chance. He was walking towards her while wiping his face with his shirt, exposing his... She blushed but kept a straight face and looked at him, looking unconcerned with his action.
 
"Yes?" she asked.
"Do you need help?" he asked as he moved closer to her. He peered at the aircon behind her, his well-toned chest touching her back. Amber felt electrocuted at the contact, but she did not move.
"Hmmmm...." Chance hummed softly. She can smell masculine perfume from him even though he's sweating. She looked sideways and saw that his lips were close to her face already. Chansung looked at her slowly too, gazing intently at her eyes. "Yes?" he asked soflty, a slight smile curled on his thin lips. She breathed fresh mint from his mouth. 
"Err...." she looked back at the aircon and checked too. "I think something's wrong with this part." she said pointing at the red wire.
 
*Why isn't it working?!* Chance thought. He reached for the red wire with both hands, trapping Amber between his arms, getting closer to her than ever. Amber stiffened and rounded her eyes. *What are you doing Chance?!* she asked herself.
 
"ARE YOU DONE YET?!" Taec shouted from the living room, getting impatient. Chance removed his arms immediately, looking disappointed.
"Yes!" Amber sighed in relief as she walked towards the living room, Chance behind her heels. "I don't think I can fix it, let's call the maintenance instead." she suggested.
 
Chance sat beside Nichkhun and sighed. The latter smirked. "Nice try," he whispered at Chansung. "But I'd rather try doing that on girls not on tomboys." he added, then he texted again. "Hey Taec! Someone's coming over, I'll just go and pick her up--"
"NO!" Taec shouted furiously. "If that's a girl Nichkhun then it's a no. I don't let girls inside." he said firmly.
"Oh come on! Don't tell me you're still keeping that promise you made with Jess- MHHPMFFT!" Chance covered Nichkhun's mouth and looked nervously at Taec.
 
Taec stiffened, his eyes went blank. Amber looked from Nichkhun and his friend's guilty faces to Taec's blank expression. The heavy atmosphere made her think that she was missing something.
 
"I- I know!" Wooyoung energetically said, trying to break the ice. "What if, we all go downstairs and meet Khun's friend, then we can eat together also! I can't stand the heat here." he said, looking around for his friend's approval. They all nodded.
 
So they all went downstairs and meet Khun's friend at the lobby. 
"Khun!" a melodic voice called. They turned around and saw a beautiful girl with big curls and a bright wide smile waving  at Nichkhun. She walked towards them elegantly, her slender body swaying a little. She was just like a princess fresh from the castle.
 
 
"Sulli!" Nichkhun greeted. She pecked Sulli's lips lightly and put an arm around her. "Guys, this is Sulli,my girlfriend." he announced proudly. The other men rolled their eyes.
 
They went for the nearest restaurant. Amber sat between Sulli and Chance. Nichkhun and Chance volunteered to order their food and so Amber was left with Sulli alone.
"Um, hi. I'm AJ" she greeted. 
"Hello, I'm Sulli. Nice meeting you AJ." she said kindly.
"So you're Nichkhun's girlfriend aren't you? How long have you two been?" Amber asked.
"Oh, not so long ago. You know what, I'm really happy I met Khun..he's such a real charmer...." Sulli went on telling stories about her and Nichkhun's life. Amber smiled to herself... she's beginning to get comfortable with Sulli. She did all the talking while she listened interestedly. She never get bored. Then their food came, and the eight of them ate together. Wooyoung was of course, the noisiest of them all.
 
After lunch, the boys discussed about where should they hang out next.
"I know! At Junho's place!" Wooyoung suggested.
"No." Junho answered shortly. He looked so serious that no one tried to contest his decision.
"Oh oh! How about MinJun's?! Let's hang out on your bar MinJun! It's been a while since we've been there together!" he suggested again. A murmur of agreement were heard.
"Ok, that's settled! At MinJun's bar, let's say... 8:00 p.m.?" Nichkhun said. "Then Sulli and I would better get going, we still have our date." they waved goodbye to others and set off.
"Then I'll remain at the condo and do school work." Amber said.
"What? No, we insist that you come AJ." MinJun said.
 
She looked at Taec for approval. "I don't care." he said unconcernedly.
"Ok, then I'll come." she said.
 
They separated ways - Junho at his girlfriend's place, MinJun at his bar, Wooyoung at his house, and the three (Chansung, Taec and Amber) went back to Taec's condominium.
"Let's wait for the maintenance to fix this before we go at MinJun's place." Taec said. He settled himself in front of the computer and Chance joined in.
 
At 8:00 p.m., they went together at MinJun's bar, riding at Betty. It was slightly dark inside but Amber was sure that there were only five people in there. First, was MinJun himself who was busy preparing their drinks, Wooyoung who was talking with Junho, and Nichkhun who was busy making out with a girl with big curls.
 
"Hey Sulli!" Amber greeted as they walked towards them.
 
The girl with big curls stopped kissing Nichkhun and looked around. Taec stepped hard on Amber's foot. "That's not Sulli!" he hissed fiercely.
 
And Taec was right. The girl might have big curls just like Sulli, but she was more slender than her, with a breath-taking but stone-cold face. "Excuse me?" the girl said sharply, raising her eyebrow at her.
 

"We're sorry Krystal, but she's really bad with names and faces." Chance apologized at the girl named Krystal.
 
Krystal looked at Amber from head to toe and rolled her eyes. "Hmpft. Whatever." then she went back on kissing Nichkhun.
 
Amber stared at Nichkhun and his "girlfriend" in disbelief. He looked at Chance for some explanation but he just shrugged.
"I like Sulli better." Amber whispered frowning at him an he laughed.
 
"Come guys! Let's sing! Khun you first!" Wooyoung gave the mic to Nichkhun and he took it rightaway.
"All right then..." he chose his song and played it. "This song is called 'How To Be A Heartbreaker'." (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU9arfUqz08)
 
"Rule number one, is that you gotta have fun... but baby when you're done, you gotta be the first to run. Rule number two, is don't get attatched to somebody you could lose, so le-let me tell you...
This is how to be a heartbreaker, boys they like a little danger, we'll get them falling for a stranger a player singing I lo-love you..."
 
"He's singing from the heart isn't he?" Amber muttered to Chance.
 
"HOW TO BE A HEART BREAKER..." and true to her words, Nichkhun was singing like his life depended in it.
 
After his song, Wooyoung sang, then he gave the mic to Junho - who refused, then to Minjun, then to Chance. He hesitated.
 
"I'm not sure..." he said.
"Come on!! Don't be like killjoy-Junho." Wooyoung whined. Chance reached for the mic and chose his song.
"A little bit of flirting and seduction do not hurt". he remembered Nichkhun's words earlier.
 
He stared at Amber's eyes who nodded at her encouragingly. He started the song and never broke eye contact with her. "Let me love you down, love you down tonight....." he sang, smiling slightly, his eyes shining brightly. He too, was singing from the heart.
 
Chance was the last one to sing for the remainig three people - Amber, Taec and Krystal, refused to do so. 
"Who likes whiskey?!!" Minjun said, holding two bottles of whiskey in front of them. He put a few amount of it on their shot glasses and passed it around the table. Amber refused the offer.
"I don't drink." she said.
"Neither am I." Chance said.
"Fine, then I'll take your glasses." Taec said, and he grabbed their glasses.
 
They sang, danced, party, laughed, talked... It was a fun night until the night went deeper and they all need to go home.
 
"UGHH. My head hurts..." Wooyoung supported his head. "Junho let me hug you..." then he hugged Junho tightly. He too, was also drunk and hugged Wooyoung as well, snuggling in his arms. Minjun snickered. He took a photo of the two.
"I think these two won't be able to go home tonight." he said. His eyes were puffy and he swayed slightly but at least he can still stand. "And those two would probably do something else." he pointed at Nichkhun and Krystal, who were kissing again. "So I'll leave Taec to the two of you. He looks like he's the most drunk." he nodded at Taec who was lying on the floor, muttering blunt words.
 
Amber nodded and sighed. Taec never failed to give her pain. She put Taec's left arm around her shoulders while Chansung put his other arm around his.
"Bye Minjun, and thanks for the party." he said. Minjun bade them good night.
"Since you're not drunk, and I can't drive a car, you do that part." Amber said to Chance as they leave Minjun's bar while heaving a half-conscious Taec. He nodded.
 
It was a silent ride on their way back to Solar Homes. Amber looked sideways at Chance, who kept his eyes straight from the road.
"Chance?" she said.
"Hmm?"
"You know... you're acting weird earlier." 
Chance gripped the steering wheel. He felt really ashamed on what he'd done. "I did?" he asked.
"Yeah... but, well never mind." she said. 
He sighed in relief. At least Amber let it go. Never. Never will he follow Nichkhun's advice again. He swore that to himself.
 
At last they reached their home, and together they carried Taec. They stopped at the front door.
"It's alright now man, I'll take it from here." Amber said.
"Are you sure?" 
"Yeah, no sweat." she opened the door and looked back. "Good night." then she entered the room. The moment she closed the door, she released Taec and let him fell on the floor. Then he puked.
"AARRGGGHH! Taec Lee you !!" Amber said irritably then she went to find a rug to wipe the floor of sick.
"Get up!" she smacked Taec's head. He did not respond. Amber's eyes lit up as she continued whacking his head.
"Hahahaha, this is fun!" she said. Then eventually she felt guilty so she heaved Taec towards his bedroom.
 
"Hmmm." Taec grunted as he rolled over his bed. Amber looked warily at his clothes with sick in it. Should she take it off or not???
 
After hesitating for a minute, she took off Taec's clothes while she stared at the ceiling.
 
*You're not a ert Amber. Don't look at him. Don't look at him*. she kept on telling herself. Taec grunted again and he pulled Amber in front of him, their lips almost touching.
"YAH! Get off me Lee brat!" she said fiercely, but Taec wouldn't budge. Instead, he embraced her more tightly and sniffed her neck. She was so close to his shirtless body that Amber blushed furiously.
"W- what are you doing...?! AGGHH! You're always like this.! Get... off!!!" she whacked his head again. She tried getting herself away from him, but after a few minutes, she realized that her efforts were useless. Having no choice, she let herself be hugged by the drunk Taec, their heads facing each other. She looked at him: he looked like an angel while sleeping; His long, curly eyelashes were mesmerizing; His thin, curvy lips looked kissable, and Amber found her heart beat so loudly.
 
"Stupid Taec Lee." she grumbled. "I guess I have no choice but to sleep here." then she whacked his head again and yawned widely, closing her eyes, a content smile on her face.
 

Hello readers! :) I don't usually write an author's note, but I feel that I should interact with all of you, especially when you supported Amber for ten chapters now! I thank all of my commenters, subscribers, voter, and to my silent readers as well. I appreciate it BIG time! Please bear with Ambie 'till the end, hehe. By the way, what are your thoughts so far? Feel free to let me know. ;-)