Haunted --> Fikyungsoo

EXO's A to Z One-Shot Collection {BUSY; finishing request!}

 

Theme

HAUNTED

HAUNTED

for:

- Fikyungsoo-

Xiumin x You

 

~~//~~

 

I was running, running for something. My legs started to hurt. But is it even possible for me to feel pain at this state? I don’t quite know. I don’t understand why I even do this. Where am I? Why am I even running? Running away from what, or it is who? I don’t get it.

The dark alleyway seems never to end. I don’t see any other path. All I care right now is running faster, faster and faster. To where, I don’t care. Not as long as the dimmed street light and the moon is still lighting my path. Why I ever think this senselessly? I don’t get it too.

Maybe fate or simply my carelessness had answered my questions. Dead end. I don’t know what else I can do to avoid the inevitable. And I don’t even know what am I running away from?

I looked around in panic. I don’t quite get my whole surrounding as my sight blurred. I tried to open my eyes but they were heavy. Suddenly something woken me up. It was strange how eerily that feeling is. Cold sweats started to form and my head become lighter as confusion and my fear took over my brain.

I told myself ‘Minseok, stay alive’ thousands of time already but my body and mind finally giving up to my fears as I feel my body temperature drop. To what degree, I don’t know…

Light peeked through my eyelids. Although still a light-headed, I tried to open my eyes. Slowly I somehow raised my hand to cover my sight. Even though the progress did take some time, I finally managed to sit up and opened my eyes.

I’m alive. I’m actually very much breathing right now. So was it all dream?

My eyes widened as my hands found their places on side of my head. I was subconsciously holding them tightly, am I afraid my head will fell off? I can’t think straight anymore as rounds of flashback resurface in unbelievable speed. I wasn’t able to comprehend some unwanted and scary moment.

I was alone in a dimmed street. I found myself being followed by someone, but I can make my decision who she is. Although the figure blurred so bad in my memory I am pretty sure it was a girl. Everything after that went faster than rollercoaster. It was amazing I can withstand such speed of thinking. And it’s also very scary.

I was alone in the dark without no one, even a stranger, on sight. I was followed by something or someone I couldn’t figure it out. Scary thoughts flooding in like when a dam broke.

“Who… who are you?” I managed to choke out in between of my hard breaths. Cold sweats are running through my body like there’s no tomorrow. I grip my hair as I started to panted. Every breath I took became shorter and heavier along my increased heartbeat. I can feel it beating along my panic. One of my hands started to make its way to where my heart laid. The hand clutched my chest as it became very much suffocating me.

Suddenly the door of the room swung open. “Hyung, are you okay?” Kris, Tao, Jongdae, Luhan and Lay entered the room and I turned my head towards them in instant. It’s not because I know they’re going to come, but rather it’s more like self-defense. In that case, I’m still figuring it out, what am I trying to protect myself from.

I don’t know what possessed me when I stared at them in horror. I was half conscious when I saw Tao’s paled face. The boy was afraid at me, at me who’s scared at something I can’t even tell. “Are you okay? You’re started to scare us, Hyung” I heard someone said. I was too busy sorting my mind to even recognize their voices.

I looked at their faces until I finally managed to calm my heart, mind and mental. I don’t know how I pull it up, but I smiled at them. “It’s okay, I’m just tired. I’m sorry for making everyone worry”

That day was days, no weeks ago. But this feeling of being followed, of being watched, is remained. It lingers on my back. Sometimes I got into nightmare even when taking naps. Sometimes I’m running, sometimes I jumped and occasionally I dive into the depth of the sea until blood come from my earlobes.

It gets worse when the image of a woman keep appearing on each dream, each memory. I was frightened until now and I don’t know how to stop feeling this way.

Who are you? I once asked in my dream but she won’t answer me.

What can I help?

Why are you here?

Have we meet somewhere before?

I asked her over and over again, questioning them myself might eventually killing me. But she won’t answer and I become more afraid as the frequent I converse with the female figure, the more insane the nightmare become. I once laughed when I woke up drenched in cold sweats.

Oi, is it the feeling of being haunted?

But I don’t want myself disappeared in insanity like that. I will never let myself decay for such reason. Thus I did what any man did. I ignore her. I never ask her anymore. And lastly, I’m not running any longer.

Sometimes it become harsher but I’m not going to move. I’m not going to run away from this woman’s clutch. I won’t lose to something I cannot even define. And with EXO tight schedule and lack of time to rest, the nightmare become the least thing I worried about.

Until someday I realized I haven’t dreaming the same way before. No, it was quite the opposite. Now I can sleep like before, before. The time when I woke up I was gaping to nothing in particular. But in that time to I feel knot inside my chest and I absent-mindedly clutched my own chest.

Was it even right? I was scared so much but why am now feeling somewhat empty? It’s not like I’m missing something, right? But why my chest feels so tight I might shout because of it. Instead of doing so, I chuckled. There was one absurd explanation for this. But somehow I believe it might have some truth in it.

Hey Kim Minseok, there’s no way you actually missed being haunted by that girl, right?

 

~~//~~

 

I'm late again. I'm really sorry for the delay. I got a writer's block and piled up jobs this week, but here's your chapter Fikyungsoo. I hope you enjoy it. And as you requested, it's on Xiumin's POV. Actually it's my first time writing about Xiumin so I got excited. Hope this fulfill your expectations.

Don't forget to comment so I can know what you think of this story. Thank you for reading~

Sincerely, RedPenguin