Ice Cream --> wnasksdms

EXO's A to Z One-Shot Collection {BUSY; finishing request!}

Theme

ICE CREAM

ICE CREAM

for:

- wnasksdms -

Luhan x Seohyun

 

~~//~~

 

It was a very hot day. The sun beamed a scorching hot sunlight and no cloud in sight. From faraway you can see heat emitted from the road. Every time a car or any motor vehicle passed you can see hot air came from them. Definitely not making all better. Curse the greenhouse effect and all but it won’t help your case, frankly said.

On one of an outdoor café, a twenty something year old young man raised his hand to the air. He growled as he dropped his hand in an abrupt way. His sunglasses covered eyes looked towards the so-happily-bright sun. His frowned went deeper as he needs even his hand to fend the overly flashing sunlight.

And why he had raised his hand before you may ask?

Simply he was hoping any wind around. And he found none, nada, zero, and all alike. The place just turned into a desert just to exaggerate.

He sure was under the shady parasol the café provide to every outdoor table. And sure for once the reason he wears the baseball cap and sunglasses wasn’t just to hide his so-important identity. Okay, maybe it is but under this kind of weather any person needs them to stay alive. Beside because of that fact most people wears them. An actually a good news for a celebrity who wasn’t currently seeking for any attention such as himself.

The hat, the dark sunglasses and a cold drink. Just like the ice tea in front of him. Well, now is empty and he’s practically dying, again, just to exaggerate. Luhan, the jack-all-trade of EXO, a Korean boy band is now sweating like mad. Droplets of salty sweats covered his face and sometimes make its way to the table. The shirt he was wearing started to stick onto his back, and it’s not comfortable in any way, thank you very much.

How he loves to have a cold drink. Luhan took a look inside the cramped café and sure enough line of people is waiting there. He growled once more. No, he won’t risk his way to that crowded place with a lot of foreign possibilities. And perhaps the heat might corrupted his sanity, because he was just about to run inside and shout like mad. Which obviously might uncovered his identity in an instant moment of wonder.

So, he took the choice of sighing sharply and thinking back of what makes him even be bother to make his way here. Oh right… sweats started to form on his palms. Just between us, the reason wasn’t the heat, well not from outside that’s for sure. Luhan sipped his empty glass with few ice cubes remaining, making a quite noisy slurping sounds.

What makes him become this anxious you might ask? The reason came itself, or maybe it’s more like herself.

There she was. Her hair following her closely behind as she strode towards him. She was smiling and her eyes sparkles at the sight of him. Different from him, she does wear a hat – though not a baseball cap – but she doesn’t wear any glasses or so whatever. Her window of emotions are opened fully for him and Luhan was sure she was delighted to see him. The same exact feeling when he saw her coming closer.

But one thing, honestly to tell, Luhan was a bit distracted by something else. If you interrogated him about it he won’t admit for actually feeling that way. No, it’s not because a rather attractive woman with rather revealing clothes passed by. And it’s not because of that beautiful, shining sport car that just speeding through the street.

“Oppa!” she shouted and waved her free hand to Luhan. But his eyes are still. Not even breaking contact with the thing that had stolen his entire attention.

When Seohyun settled herself on a seat in front of Luhan, shamelessly his eyes are still glued at the thing. He acted in the very least definition, rude. And that’s the exact thing the woman thought as well when she frowned.

“Yah, Luhan Oppa” Seohyun scolded with annoyed face. “I know I’m being late and all, but isn’t it too much to stare at my ice cream rather than greet me?”  She shoved her cone of ice cream to Luhan. Obviously enough, his eyes followed the sweet indulgence’s movement and when it gets too close to his face he snapped back onto the real world.

Luhan immediately gave an apologetic look at the clearly angry girl. He knows Seohyun never be an easily angered person but maybe the weather is too much. He, himself, for one just admired a freaking cone of ice cream rather than giving tons of unspoken compliments towards his crush. Maybe it’s fair, one on one, but Seohyun silently disagree on whatever happens on the older head.

“Seohyun, mianhae” Luhan gave a smile as he apologized. If Seohyun is a normal girl she might accept the apology without batting eyes. Which she is not, so the conclusion of the mere ‘sorry’ was frankly to say, expected.

Luhan hid a sigh as words started to spill from his lips. “It’s just…” the young man looked a bit uncomfortable as he just about the blurt out the truth, partially he was cursing himself for letting that one slip out.

“What it is, Oppa?” Seohyun asked with a slightly slanted eyebrow as she the creamy vanilla flavored ice cream. At the sight of a mad Seohyun – thus makes her more attractive, somehow – and the delicious, fresh looking ice cream, slowly but surely drove Luhan’s insane. That, plus the overheated part of his brain because the exposure to the summer’s scorching heat, thus he had lost not only few cooked brain cells.

As Luhan tried to form right sentences, Seohyun ate her ice cream carelessly. Some part of the sweet vanilla ice cream stuck on the edges of her lips. And she looked so happy from the cold dessert. Something Luhan really wanted all the hours he had waited for her in this unholy heat.

Her eyes widened as she jerked back. All the anger lifted immediately changed into surprise and shock. Seohyun’s cheek slightly turned red as her disbelief stare turned into a glare, directly to Luhan whose face is only few inches from her face. “O-oppa!” she stuttered. “What are you doing?!” she demanded.

Luhan had leaned himself and broke Seohyun’s private space. And before she could move back or retorted, he kissed her. Or maybe in the right term, the part of her lips. Either way, both things made Seohyun extremely flushed and flustered. Angry and well, embarrassed in a good way, all in the same time.

Seohyun keeps glaring at Luhan who had straighten himself and sat on his chair properly again. She keeps watching him with careful eyes, afraid that he might go bananas again. Luhan his lips and when he saw the look Seohyun directed to him, he could only shrugged and smiled, no smirked.

“What? I really want ice cream” he innocently defend himself. Totally overwhelmed by the situation, with a red face Seohyun gave the cone of ice cream.

She crossed her arms in front of her chest with a disapproving look as she turned her head to the side. “You could have told me” she told him in a squeaky voice, still trying to composure herself after the… incident earlier.

Seohyun eyed Luhan who is now eating and the ice cream. But then his face fell flat and he frowned. Agitated, she burst again. “Now what?” she was surprised how harsh she sounded but she is still recovering from her surprise and the heat is making her lose her temper way a lot easier than doing a flip.

Luhan stare at her and Seohyun could imagine those two eyes of his, hidden thanks to the shades he was wearing, are full of disappointment. She waited as he looked down to the dessert then back to her. Seohyun cannot hide her shock yet once again when Luhan expressed his ‘disappointment’ of the cone of ice cream.

“Huh? I thought back then the ice cream tasted somewhat way better and sweeter…”

 

~~//~~

 

Hope you all enjoy this chapter~~ I really appreciate it if you write a comment about this chapter and tell me what do you think about it. I cannot express my happiness when I received your request wnasksdms \(^o^)/I haven't write anything for an entire week, hope this is good enough to your liking.  Thank you for reading~!

Sincerely, RedPenguin