Journey --> loveYM

EXO's A to Z One-Shot Collection {BUSY; finishing request!}

 

Theme

JOURNEY

JOURNEY

for:

- loveYM-

Luhan x Bomi

 

~~//~~

 

Luhan was known for his brilliant smile wherever he goes. That wasn’t an exception when he visited the same coffee shop for almost two weeks. He ordered the same thus both the cashier and the bartender already knows him. Don’t take it wrong. The café is crowded and the business will never let one remember another, however Luhan is an exception.

“You’re here again,” a tall fair-skinned cashier boy – with rainbow hair that poorly hidden under his hat – said. “And still going to a coffee shop when you never buy one” he commented but Luhan could only smiled brightly as he picked his order and went out of the shop.

He walked down the road until he arrived to a small building with a bright neon sign near the doorway. The sign says: Net Café.

Luhan is never be a blogger or a studious person who ever bother to use his time to search for thousands of references for school papers. But he rather not ask himself about the reason he visited the place for regularly every single day in two weeks. He smiled at the exact reason.

As he walked through some cubicles and passed some students, gamers and jobless people, he finally arrived at one certain space that used by a certain girl he has a crush on for… he doesn’t know for how long since really, love it’s a complicated thing.

But what is more complicated is the one thing his friend – he keeps saying that although he knows the word ‘girlfriend’ should fitted more to his liking – is been deeply into thus spending the rest of the day hogging inside the Net Café.

With rather loud, Luhan put the drink on the table near the computer set that being use by Bomi. The girl is wearing headphones and speaks to herself, making anything around her muted. She was clearly oblivious about the boy’s presence. Luhan must admit it was annoying at first, but he now understands why – half maybe, or it might also less than he expected – would concentration is needed.

But his teasing side always surpassed the will to tame it as Luhan pulled the headphone away from Bomi’s head when the game loads. However the girl wasn’t looking in a bit amused as her focus is now scattering when Luhan just smiled foolishly, in her opinion, at her.

“What?” the word slipped from Luhan’s mouth the second Bomi glared at him. With no word from her, Bomi tried to pull the headphone from the boy’s possession. But Luhan just smiled when his hand tightly gripped on the device.

“Luhan let it go, I’m busy” Bomi whined as the screen told her the loading is finished. However with a mischievous smile, Luhan just put the headphone over his head as he leaned to Bomi as his eyes are looking at the computer screen.

“I’m just wondering what makes you so into online game, let alone I heard you don’t actually buy the visual novel I choose for you the other day” Luhan told the girl as Bomi started to concentrate on the game. However she found it hard for her to do so as the boy is closing the private space between them.

Bomi’s avatar is moving on the screen and proceed on doing a mission, as Luhan concluded when he saw a small box on the screen he earlier suspected as the mission log. His eyes are staring at the screen, trying to make sense of things when Bomi silently explained for times that she never say she would ever want to play VN. But both of them knows that’s not the issue.

Luhan keeps watching until another small box appear and one of his eyebrows raised. “What’s that?” he pointed at the box while Bomi just clicked on the ‘yes’ option.

“It’s an invitation to join a party on mission, sometimes there are missions assigned for two or more players” Bomi explained as the screen loaded once more when the avatar moved to other place. Luhan titled his head rather cutely.

“So by clicking ‘yes’ then you accepted the mission with that player?” Bomi nodded as finally the game successfully loaded. There were some other players in this particular room and suddenly the chat alert beeped and Luhan’s gaze swiftly goes to the chat column.

“Someone’s send a message” Luhan pointed at the chat log. Bomi gave a bored gaze before typing down answer regarding the question the other player asked her. Luhan kept a careful eye before he gasped as he realized something that Bomi wasn’t aware of.

That person dare to hit on my Bomi! Luhan screamed inside of his head.

He began panicking as Bomi is still as oblivious as she is. The boy with a sudden courage, he interrupted Bomi by writing his answer instead and pointing out that ‘she’ as in Bomi was taken by someone else thus that player could just walk away now. It was a death wish indeed, the girl could become aggressive when someone did that.

Thus the cold glare was unavoidable as Bomi take the control of the keyboard and all. Then she hissed at Luhan. “The hell are you doing?”

Luhan frowned. “I just protect what’s mine” this made Bomi blushed but she shook of the thought.

“That doesn’t justified anything” her tone more calmed. She knows she must remember that Luhan is one of people who thinks real sport is better than virtual games. “Beside in this world,” she pointed at the screen that shows the game progressed, “I’m a traveler on a journey to conquer the tower and I need every help I could get. And to think you told me to chat and meet new people” she added.

But the boy seems to disagree. “Doesn’t mean you are single in that world” Luhan told her in spite of the virtual world he failed to understand. Bomi however just nodded and the boy gasped. “Then anyone could flirt with you 24/7?!” he exclaimed.

Bomi hushed him down for being so loud. “It’s not like I’m in front of computer all day” she mused. But that doesn’t relax Luhan even a bit.

“So what happen if interaction gets intense? Are they a have a couple sign or it went unnoticed by other players?” he asked despite the panic and uneasy voice of his. Bomi stared at him oddly before answering.

“Well, you can send marriage invitation. Then everyone can see the sign. In any case they shared inventory as well making it easier to travel on their journey-“

Before her tone finished Luhan is already excusing himself as he made a dash of it.

Bomi looked at Luhan’s back as the boy exited the room and the girl stared at the drink Luhan left. She sighed, “I thought I told him to buy me coffee” she said before returning to her game.

The next day Bomi entered the Net Café alone as she doesn’t stumble Luhan on his way. Or more like Luhan doesn’t wait for her. But she tried to shake the thought off. One rule of gaming, don’t get distracted. And with Luhan Bomi found it harder.

As she arrived and claim a PC, Bomi easily logged in and all. But then the chat alerted beeped. The girl glanced and read. However the second later her breath caught on .

Hello Bomi-ah~!

The girl panicked. One sign of stalker, this won’t turn out good. So Bomi decided to ignore the person. She was hell startled when her phone signaled her for a new message. Bomi was surprised at Luhan’s message that says: why do you ignore me?

Bomi was beyond confused so she called Luhan immediately. “Luhan-ah, what do you mean?” she asked as soon as Luhan received the call. No answer and Bomi began to feel wary. A beep however came from the game. The person who chatted her wrote: it’s me.

It was creepy but then when Bomi looked around she swore she saw Luhan on one corner of the Net Café. Bomi gulped as she replied the stranger.

Luhan? She wrote. And a moment later when she glanced at Luhan, he had turned to look at her and smiling ever so brightly and when another beep came, Bomi is surprised that the stranger happened to be Luhan. And to think her… her boyfriend despite his preference on real activities would bother to make an account and an avatar of himself.

Bomi rather than using chat choose to speak right through the phone. “Luhan, is it really you?!” she half shouted still in disbelief. She saw Luhan chuckled from afar.

“Of course it’s me” he said with cheerful voice.

“Why?” really, Bomi could ask more but at the moment it was the main question. The million dollar question.

“Because I want to be part of your journey. You know to conquer tower and all” Luhan answered as Bomi’s lips brought into a smile. Happy of playing with his friend on something she truly enjoys. “I might not understand the whole thing- god, what is this” she heard Luhan mumbles.

Bomi giggled as Luhan continues. “And we could in mission together…” his tone trailed. A sudden beep came from the computer and Bomi cursed in her mind as she lazily eyed the screen only to be surprised once more.

A box says: Luluthedeer sent you a marriage proposal. Will you accept?

“L-Luhan?” Bomi stuttered with widen eyes. She stood up and so is Luhan from his cubicle. Luhan smiled when their eyes met.

“And of course, I want to protect my girl even in a tiresome virtual journey”

 

~~//~~

 

I hope this sequel worths it! I don't know if this as good as the prequel but... By the way the game reference is more likely based on an anime I watched recently. It based on SAO (Sword Art Online) ^^ Hope you enjoy this one-shot~~!

Please comment so I know what you feel about this story~! :)

Sincerely, RedPenguin