Facade --> Yeoniie

EXO's A to Z One-Shot Collection {BUSY; finishing request!}

 

Theme

FACADE

FACADE

for:

- Yeoniie-

Chanyeol x Wonyeon (OC)

 

~~//~~

 

A“…And thus, your cooperation is needed upmost. On that, the student council would…”

Ah, what a voice full of persuasion yet gentle, calm and collected. I looked from my seat, my gaze never torn away from the person with the microphone. She was truly an angel, no, angel would be an understatement. An angel won’t be an intelligent and charming being, again I let myself overwhelmed by the girl’s charm.

Who is you may ask, the person I’ve been staring for a while, the woman of my dream?

The sound of microphone stinging – and I swear if it’s louder, my ears will bleed – came when the device was put down. Eh? The speech is over? I asked myself, completely dumbfounded. To be frankly saying, daydreams tend to come at the worst time, and now I have to wait like forever – well, not really – for another announcement being made by the girl I have my eyes on.

Warm feeling tinged and I felt my blood rushed to my face. Seriously Park Chanyeol, how can a thought of her make you so flustered? I asked myself for the hundredth time of the day. I cannot help it, she was an exact opposite of me, a picture I want myself to be. Tough, smart and has sense of leadership.

But exactly who am I?

I’m a very tall person and is a coward. A coward tower, more or less as my friends tend to call me. But I simply cannot help it, mostly about my lingering and never ending crush towards Wonyeon, a confidence leader whom I admired greatly. From afar that is, return to the fact I’m an over-sized scaredy-cat to start with.

“I’m sorry,” I was caught in daze when a smaller body collided with mine. But to think again, most people are shorter than me. But that’s not why I’m currently hyperventilating inside my mind.

That voice, that voice, I recognized it anywhere. Nervously – although may not look like it, I stare down at Wonyeon. Her presence is enough to make me so… so distracted. I don’t even pay attention to her apologize. Wait, what? She apologized to me?

“Um,” I was tongue-tied. Come on Chanyeol, can you stop being a chicken for one second? I screamed at myself and finally, FINALLY, I managed to muster all the scattering courage and talked. “It’s not your mistake, I’m sorry for blocking your way”

I was cheering inside my head as I heard zero stutter coming out of my mouth. But, I didn’t. Not when my eyes fell on the expression Wonyeon has on her face.

It was somehow looked sad, but may not like it. Perhaps disappointment? I cannot put my finger on it. In a second it turned firmer but everything fell down the moment later. What… what am I seeing at Wonyeon’s face just now? My eyes are still staring at her. I don’t know why or how can I look at her in a long moment, but the feeling is different. Very much unlike the time I have my eyes glued at her.

However before I even manage to sort out my scrambled minds, Wonyeon is already left. I say nothing, no words came out. I don’t plan to call out her name like all cheesy drama I know because somehow I have the feeling it’s better to leave her now.

Even if I reallydo want to ask her what’s wrong.

Nice going Park Chanyeol, I told myself.

My surroundings are already pitch black. If you wondering, my clumsiness and such-a-friend I have just made me overslept in the library and found myself alone in the dark. I silently braced myself as my fears came into me.

But something managed to pull me out of the situation. A small weep came from one of the classrooms I just passed. Wait, scratch that. How come a sound of someone’s crying in silence – let alone inside of an empty school building relaxed me. That’s right, I was afraid that I almost lost my breathing.

I gulped nervously. You know, sometimes you yell out loud to the TV screen when the protagonist of a horror movie is just plain stupid to turn around or open a door? I did that a lot – I let a manly screams of course. But now, I was heading one of the door I suspected the most.

I opened it, but I don’t scream. My breath stopped a second, but no voice or sound come afterwards. Except when I think my heart wasn’t trying to escape the protection of my ribcage, a name came out. “Wonyeon?”

The girl turned at me. Now I noticed; noticed tear streaks under her eyes. She was the one who’s crying. And for no apparent reason, I came towards her. She was sitting on the corner of the dark classroom, leaning closely to the wall. The only light came from the huge glass window on the side of the room.

I tried not to spook her as I crouched in front of her. After telling myself repeatedly, I finally ask the question that bothering me all day. “Wonyeon, what’s wrong?” I asked and she just shook her head. The expression return, it looks tougher but then weaker, faster than street lights you might missed it. But somehow I don’t.

Since Wonyeon seems not pleased by the idea of telling me what’s been bothering her, I mentally shrug even if it’s rather disappointing on my side. What an ungrateful brat you are Park Chanyeol. She was the one with problem. My mind told me that.

There was a silence before I started to standing up. “…It’s fine if you want to be alone at the moment, I can call the security for-“

I failed on both things at the time.

Failed to finish my sentence,

And failed to stand up as Wonyeon’s hand gripped the edge of my sleeve. It was perhaps cannot be heard by Wonyeon or anyone – if there’s any, but I let a small gasp and my heart beat increased almost dramatically.

“Wonyeon-“

“Please stay,” she said shortly and quietly. I can’t bring myself to reject her plead, and the reason is not my undying crush, but rather I believe she wouldn’t be okay if I leave her. Decided I do the right thing, I plopped myself next to her.

She leaned towards my shoulder and her head rested there. “… Do you mind if I borrow your shoulder for a while?” Wonyeon asked me and all I could do is nodded my head in an awkward manner. But it doesn’t matter to her as she started to sobbed again.

Although hesitating, I finally patted her back, at least trying to cease her cries. “It’s okay, it’s okay” I keep telling her even if I have no clue on her problem in the first place.

However something is on my mind. Is this problem happened before or after the speech she made today? Before then she was happy and in her usual self. But with his own experience, no one would cry like this for petty reasons. So she might have been keeping it to herself for some time.

She’s been putting that straight, confidence face despite her aching heart

Now, I just realized. Wonyeon is like my friends.

The fact that Sehun is a baby despite his lack of expression in public. The truth of Jongin’s playful remarks all the time or Baekhyun’s lack of eyeliner. Luhan’s manliness aside of his baby and pretty face with cute smile and all. Or Tao who’s actually truly afraid of ghosts.

Everyone is putting one on themselves. Wonyeon is not an exception.

I smiled secretly when Wonyeon’s sobs stopped. Perhaps I also can be a tough and dependable guy for the moment, even though inside I was afraid the girl I like would be crying again or being hurt again. Or that the hairs behind my neck is most likely stood up because of the eerie night feeling.

But maybe I can also put a façade on, even if it’s only until Wonyeon wears hers again.

 

~~//~~

 

Sorry for taking it so long, I've been busy for a while but I hope this worth it . I don't know myself why I wrote it this way, maybe because I wrote it when I listened to EXO K's Baby Don't Cry repeatedly. Again, I'm sorry for being tardy, I hope you enjoy your one-shot! :)

Please comment, so I know what you think about this <3

Sincerely, RedPenguin