Lie --> summerskye

EXO's A to Z One-Shot Collection {BUSY; finishing request!}

 

Theme

LIE

LIE

for:

- summerskye-

Luhan x Ye Rin (OC)

 

~~//~~

 

People are hardly described. If it was made into algebra, thousand sheets of paper won’t explain anything about it. Not even close. Numerical A and B could be added, divided, rooted but none would explain this particular being. It was illogical, humans are not logical. And Ye Rin hates it.

She loathed it. She utterly despised it – even if she’s one of this creature. However she understands herself, furthermore it wasn’t exactly a problem for Ye Rin, as long as she’s being herself; logical and all facts…

“Ye Rin,” a sharp voice called her name and the girl looked up from her home work. She set a lazy, disinterest eyes. Her mother, or not, was giving her a hardened stare. She knows that look, Ye Rin knows the pattern, and it was no easier than easy math problem.

The woman turned her back on Ye Rin, rather coldly and headed towards the kitchen. Sounds of water running started to be heard. “Ye Rin, go to school, you’ll be late” her mother reminded her, or maybe it sounds like ordered too, and maybe it is.

Without saying another word, Ye Rin took her school bag and her sheets of paper. Eying slightly at the ticking clock, Ye Rin stepped out of the house. Slinging her messenger bag over her shoulder, she dropped her papers, the white and thin material spread over the front door. Cold wind of fall brushed her skin and it took a second for the wind to caught one. It flew towards the pavement.

Ye Rin sighed as she gathered the ones under her feet before she chased the flown paper. She managed to take it before another yet harsher wind came. Her hair was blown from behind but her eyes glued on the paper.

It was her math homework. Her neat writings filled it, numbers and equations here and there. Subconsciously, her grip tightened. Ye Rin’s lips made a frown as she glowered.

How she expects to understand people? They all are illogical and hard to understand, no, to figure out. When math problem, even how sickly difficult it is, has answer. People not, because numbers are honest. They hid but showed up the real, true thing afterwards. A noticeably contrast with humans. After they were found out, they lied, and when found out they were lying, yet they lied again.

Just like her father, mother or even a passing newspaper man. No one to trust, no one would ever tell the truth, there is no one who would just not say a lie – at least to her. Take an extent with the woman her father claimed to be Ye Rin’s mother. She told her to go to school so Ye Rin won’t be late.

Such a pathetic way to say I’m unwanted, Ye Rin stacked her papers before walking down the street. Completely ignoring the fact it was too early in the morning, or the coldness should make her wearing a more decent set of clothing. And a pretty guy with pale face across the street also went unnoticed by Ye Rin.

School was no better. Ye Rin’s morning frown was a bit better than her evening’s. After having her day filled with lying teachers, lying so-called friends, lying-lying people, Ye Rin was simply fed up. And home wasn’t actually an escape. So she wondered out. Her parents might turn the world upside down just to look for her, but it’s all going to be a lie.

Ye Rin could only smiled bitterly. Voices of different people telling her some things that covered their real intention are truly sickening her. Acting childish to vent up her irritation was not an option. But can a person have their patience worn out? Again, she could only smiled dryly at this.

The neighborhood’s park was in sight when light drizzle washed her. Ye Rin took a glance to her clothes and even a tired sigh wasn’t enough to explain how huge the possibility of her getting drenched in cold. And thus the girl raced to the park and set in inside a small gazebo in the park. Shivered slightly, she rubbed both her hands, seeking for a tiny bit of warmth.

Suddenly a heavy thing dropped on top of her but she feels warm. Her fingers brushed on the fabric, it was a jacket. A black jacket to be more specific.

There were soft sound of breath and maybe the warmness wasn’t only come from the black yet soft and warm jacket. Turned to her side, Ye Rin couldn’t hide the fact she was a bit startled. She didn’t expect anyone would be here.

He was a pale yet pretty boy. It was a fact despite the horrible black circles under his eyes. His gaze is fixated on her. Ye Rin flinched at the eye contact they shared for a second. “Who are you?” Ye Rin blurted out, but the seemingly around her age boy could only blinked his eyes several times, giving a rather innocent look.

But no one’s ever so innocent

Ye Rin reached for the jacket before handing it to the boy. “Is it yours?” she inquired. Although the boy didn’t say anything, it was obvious the jacket belongs to him. Beside he was under dressed. Thin shirt and simple dark blue jeans weren’t exactly a proper clothing for this kind of weather. Thus, based on her humanity, she handed it to him even without him saying a word.

“You can use it,” the boy, however, told her.

In that second, Ye Rin’ throw a look. That tone, she remembered it so well. No, even the words are exactly the same. Anger and irritation started to rose inside of her. Why, you asked? Because she knows the boy is lying.

Ye Rin gave a cold stare and backed away slightly from her position. Her lips turned into a thin angry frown. It was a pattern, the pattern she hated how it happens way too frequently in a day. “Just,” she spat. “Just what the hell do you want?”

The boy’s tired eyes widened although not all noticeable. “What-?”

“Please, if anyone, let alone a complete stranger, ever so nice to you without apparent reason, it means they want something from you” Ye Rin half shouted in front of the nameless boy with harsh tone. “And don’t ever deny it. Don’t lie about it”

There were a silence. Only sounds from the ceasing rain filled it. It was an overwhelming but the boy broke the awkward and tensed muteness. “… But I’m your neighbor, lived across the street so should I not be on the stranger list?” he rambled. But Ye Rin’s hardened glare is still there, directed at him.

Lie

“I saw you every morning, going to school or the grocery”

“But I don’t see you”

“Still, I was there”

Lie

“Doesn’t that make you a stalker?”

“Just like I say, I live across your house” the boy meekly answered to Ye Rin’s rather harsh and cold question. “It was only normal for me to see you”

Lie

Lie

“The jacket,” Ye Rin’s gaze shifted to the black jacket on her grip. “Why do you put it on top of my head?”

“Because you’re looked cold”

“Do you expect me to believe that? Looked at yourself, you barely wear anything” Ye Rin glowered but receive a simple shrug from the smiling boy. And she would be lying if she doesn’t find it cute, somehow.

The boy gave a meaningful look. “I rather be cold than you” his answer brought her cheeks warmer. But inside her mind – completely ignoring her heart beats – she was shouting, crying for an answer. Why this person could be so complicated? Keep telling lies, what’s his real intention? All he do for her now – even if he’s a stranger, to her at least were:

Lie

Lie

LIE!

“That’s it,” Ye Rin stood up. As in cue, the rain stopped. She looked down to the boy with fixated glare. “You are just so… illogical. Spouting lies and nonsense” she exclaimed before sighing loudly. Ye Rin stare at him again.

“To think even a stranger like you would lie to me like it was the most normal thing in the world” she took a deep breath and released it as if burden was lifted. No, it’s more like she was accepting a fact. “People always like that”

“Like what?” the boy questioned while Ye Rin started to walk away, her back facing him. Ye Rin turned around and smiled dryly.

“People lie” she said it like she was telling a child the tooth fairy doesn’t exist. The boy however gave a disapproving look.

He stood up. “I do not lie and… and I still have something to say to you. Even if I’m just a stranger in your eyes” at that Ye Rin turned around.

He’s still lying… However, even if she thought it out loud, she felt hesitant. Is he was talking the truth all this time? Ye Rin shook the mind off. Years had passed and gave her only one conclusion, the two words she told the boy earlier.

“Said it, I don’t have not much time” she said without any humor on her voice.

The boy looked saddened for a second. “Me too,” he told her. “But aside of that,” he started and his expression lifted. His pale face looked a bit brighter. “I always wanted to say, I like you”

That does it. Ye Rin flustered and startled. Her eyes widened and her lips parted, but no words came out. Her heart beat increased, she was starting to believe his words. But with a small pinch on the back of her hand, she returned to her sense.

“Stop, just STOP LYING!” and she ran, leaving the bewildered boy.

Days had passed and Ye Rin is now have her eyes staring blank at nothing in particular. Her mind drifted back to the pale pretty boy she had encountered. She looked down at the sheets of white papers on the desk. Sounds of thunder rumbling came from outside.

A funeral was being held. Ye Rin refused to come, claiming she doesn’t know anything about the person who had passed away. That’s a lie there. She’s smart and able to connect things with pure logic. A boy her age, died because of illness. And she had met him, despite of the situation back then.

Her hand reached for the pencil and started scribbling down answers.

Even if she wasn’t talking or anything, she’s actually feeling guilty. Ye Rin lied for not knowing the boy – who later found out his name is Luhan, and then accused him for lying when she herself was lying about it. But does it stop her from flying harsh words and rude attitude for the poor boy?

But what she hated the most was why she would lie in the end. Shouting he tells lie when she knows he doesn’t. Ye Rin doesn’t understand why she did that. So immature, illogical and delusional. Maybe she wasn’t what she had thought of herself.

Maybe she was no different from other people. Maybe she wasn’t like Luhan, who told her truths, at least about his feelings. Ye Rin bit her lips. Perhaps she is a human after all, an individual of people. She stopped her thought right there, but it leaked nonetheless.

Maybe Ye Rin is too a liar after all.

 

~~//~~

 

Finally finished this story! I'm sorry it took almost a month of waiting. I haven't write one-shot for weeks so... I hope this satisfy you ^^. I apologize for killing Luhan here, I can't help it though. And I mentioned Luhan to be a pretty guy for times because I can't help it either, he's just so cute (and manly) - even though he's not my bias.

But I hope you still enjoy this story summerskye! Please comment so I know what you think about this :)

Sincerely, RedPenguin