Ego --> wow-btob

EXO's A to Z One-Shot Collection {BUSY; finishing request!}

Theme

EGO

EGO

for:

- wow-btob -

Kai x Naeun

 

~~//~~

 

The blizzard stopped. The snowflakes too had stopped dropping from the gray colored sky. But despite all this the cold winter breeze is still rushing through. And despite all the fact in the world, Jongin’s heart cannot be emptier and colder than the outside weather.

White grayish thin fog, covered the window glass. His eyes trailed, blinking once in a while. But it seemed his sight had blurred because he cannot read the rest of the message sent to him. Jongin’s hand dropped. Although his fingers are numb, the black slim phone never slipped from his grasp.

The light of the room flickered but other than that, everything is still. Nothing move even a small millimeter. Nothing except his mind, making a round and round motion inside his head. Questioning every single thing, about them, about her and most importantly, about himself.

You know what, I can’t bear with you-

You self-centered human being!

Her yell still rang clearly through his head and her half-hearted apology doesn’t make it better. But that doesn’t matter as long as he couldn’t pinpoint the empty feeling and the bitter feel of the truth. He cannot answer it, and it’s frustrated him even more.

Jongin’s self-question left unanswered as he head out of the gloomy room. He still not quite understand about Naeun’s statement. But somehow, somewhere inside of him, there’s a building urge to meet her again.

And maybe ask her, force her if it’s must. What she meant by him as a self-absorbed and egocentric person.

He stood there. Across the road, eyes staring blankly on the scene of vehicles and people passing by. The street light that hung above his head gave a dimmed light. On every inhalation he took a foggy mist was blown from his warm breath. Which is speeding up as his heartbeat raced and his breath hitched. The cold weather in winter doesn’t actually affected his body temperature.

Instead of feeling cold, he was boiling inside. It’s maybe hidden from the world but his body heat – along with his heartbeat rate – increased a Celsius every second passed.

Jongin was not in pleasure upon seeing what in front of him. Passed all people and obstacles at his sight. He managed to see her. Her smile, the look of her laughing happily. Her hair that moved softly following each movement she made…

How he missed the sight of her.

She was his. All belongs to him only, not some random man she choose to blind date with, not just anyone. Kim Jongin doesn’t willing to share, not anything, not anyone definitely not her. His Naeun, and his only.

Something built inside of him, something that had blocked his mind as he walked towards the restaurant. He still can’t identify the thing inside him, but temporary only he presumed it was seething anger. It’s all he could come up with, but for some reason it doesn’t seem like it.

It feels like second nature so he doesn’t mind about anything as he pushed the restaurant’s entrance. With his current body heat and ‘anger’ he cannot sense the temperature difference when the warmth from the heaters rushed passed him.

Jongin scanned the whole place and found it obvious that he will find her fast. He is Kim Jongin after all, not some ordinary and lame men.

She was there, laughing and to be honest, awkwardly.

But the sight is still become an eyesore to him. And Jongin doesn’t like the feeling something remaining itchy on his eyes.

The man is like five years older than him. And judging by his looks, he is a shame to someone like Jongin to witness. He exaggerated it off course, but for him it’s just a fact worth to note.

As he walked closer, Naeun sensed his presence and her eyes widened, her eyebrows furrowed. Clearly disturbed by his interruption. But it’s not like Jongin give a thing.

“And then…” the man halted his sentence as Naeun in front of him, wasn’t even looking at his way but rather passed him. Curiosity ate him whole and he turned around to only found Jongin with a haughty aura, walking towards them in confidence steps, not wavering even a bit.

“Kim… Jongin” Naeun uttered his name and for some reason he smirked in triumph. Something on her hopeful tone gave him a limitless poise. And even people’s curious stares doesn’t lower it.

Now as he arrived on the table, on the side of it he gave a sharp serious look. “…Who are you?” the man asked and Jongin holds the urge to roll his eyes. Such an expected words from such an expected person. The mere question just went through Jongin’s hearing system for a second before it went out, merging with nothingness.

In one strong but swift move he pulled Naeun off from her seat. She yelped a bit at the sudden change of position. Naeun sent an angry glare but with nonchalant face, he answered all her anger. For the moment he doesn’t really care if she wants to rip him into pieces – like she could, he thought silently.

Without any pointless casual chit chat, any sarcastic remarks, or a simple ‘hi’, Jongin started walking, pulling Naeun behind him. As he expected the other man wasn’t the biggest fan of his actions. “What are you doing?!” he shouted at Jongin and received further unwanted attention.

Turning around while sighing and sounded more annoyed than he actually is, Jongin glowered at the man. He flinched – along at some people who have nothing to do but watch someone else’s business – at the gaze Jongin spared for him. “Something that someone like you don’t need to know”

His tone is as cold as the current weather. Jongin had pulled Naeun out of the restaurant and the chilling breeze greeted them. He walked rather casually despite the girl’s frequent failed attempt to struggle free.

Naeun hid a growl as she glared at Jongin’s back. “Why are you doing this?” she demanded with an angry tone.

“Because you are mine” Jongin responded as if it was the obvious. And he’s not even glance, eyes glued on the road in front of him. Naeun clearly became more agitated than ever.

“… I’m not yours” she retorted weakly as she turned her head to the side. She doesn’t want to look at him again, but his tight grip always reminded her about his presence. When Naeun wasn’t looking, Jongin glimpsed at her and he breathed out a small chuckle before he smirked again.

The foggy mist came from his warm breath again.

Maybe Naeun was right after all. About everything about him, even the part of him he doesn’t aware off. But it seems neither of them minds about it. Not when he was happy to be with her, and not when she pouted so cutely or gave a small smile here and there when she thought he wasn’t looking.

Certainly not when he is an egocentric maniac and she’s okay with it… despite all her unheard frequent protest which makes her even cuter for and wanted by Jongin.

 

~~//~~

 

Hope you all enjoy this chapter~~! I don't exactly sure what's on my head when I write down this chapter, so I just hope this will fulfill your expectations. Thank you for reading~!

Sincerely, RedPenguin