Nightmare --> eiaoverload

EXO's A to Z One-Shot Collection {BUSY; finishing request!}

 

Theme

NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE

for:

-eiaoverload-

Tao x Park Taeya (OC)

 

~~//~~

 

With her small hands she tried to pry the lock, however her attempt is fruitless. Her breath labored upon realizing this. She can no longer think straightly. Everything’s went blurrier by second passed. Suddenly it was harder for her to breath.

She was suffocating.

Clutching the printed shirt she was wearing, the small Park Taeya is trying to keep her heartbeat from following the panic and the fears of the foggy and cold night.

Her eyes fluttered open when someone just called her name. Fiddling the scarf that encircled her neck, Taeya looked around. Everyone was busy even if the soft breeze brushed them endlessly, making them shivered once in a while. However it was obvious that her sudden gloominess is covered neatly with the over flooding enthusiasm around her.

As Taeya turned around to see her caller, the person was already there. “Taeya,” Kim Joonmyeon, the leader for this so-called outing activity started. The girl could only slightly raised her eyebrow, signaling him to hurry up as she was too has jobs to do, supposedly.

It seems Joonmyeon had a round around the parking lot as he keeps panting. He took a deep breath and started explaining. “We don’t have any more room in the van” he pointed at the van and Taeya merely gave a small look at the vehicle. Confusion is still painting on her face as she doesn’t quite get what Joonmyeon is trying to say.

“The thing is,” Joonmyeon started to rub the back of his neck nervously and Taeya knows what exactly he’s trying to say. However she decided the leader would explain it to her rather for her to cut the chase and sounded so full of speculations. “Since we don’t have any room, can you in the same car with Tao?”

“Tao?” Taeya repeated the name. She never heard of a person named Tao – exception of some famous people with the same name. But personally, she knows zero Tao. The question answered immediately by the finger belonged to Joonmyeon, he pointed at a guy near a car, suspected to be the guy’s.

Taeya could not help herself but scrutinizing at the guy. He was tall for sure and has built body. However that wasn’t what caught the girl’s attention at first, rather the cold looking eyes those definitely trying to make a hole on anything at his sight.

“Him?” Taeya said with unintentional disgust or whatnot on her voice. Joonmyeon just nodded, in the middle of ignoring or acknowledging Taeya’s discomfort of the arrangement.

“I can change it if you want though” he said quickly but the girl just shook her head. For some reason she really doesn’t find it hard just to take a simple road trip with a guy with Panda eyes, even if he’s just some friend of a friend she has. Or in the more common word: stranger.

With another glance at the dark haired Tao, Taeya looked again at Joonmyeon. “I’ll be alright, I just need to move my things” she said before excusing herself. But when she was walking towards the van – the previous vehicle she supposed to be using, Taeya could notice the gray sky. Rain seems to already threatening to fall in any moment.

Taking a one assuring deep breath, Taeya walked towards the van and took her bag. She glanced warily at the car she will be using with this Tao guy. Taeya walked towards him and Tao who managed to sense she was coming, turned off his car’s alarm.

“You can take the passenger seat; I already used the middle seats” Tao said to her and to his confirmation the middle seats are already occupied by the young man’s bags and needs. Taeya then simply put hers on the same place although way neatly than the man.

Once she was done, Taeya closed the door and then the sound of Joonmyeon shouting their departure echoed and in some hasty some sloppy movement, all the part of the road trip went to their vehicle. Taeya of course seated herself at the passenger seat and took a glimpse at Tao who took the driver seat.

However Tao’s watching the darkening sky went noticeable by Taeya. Ignoring the girl’s stare, Tao started the engine that purred immediately, and thus they pulled off, following closely the lead of the group. After ten minutes of song filled atmosphere, Taeya started to complement whether should she introduce herself to the car’s driver.

In the end she choose to drink the sleeping pill – the ones they used for long tiresome car rides. After the medicine took its job, Taeya went into a slumber despite the day’s noon’s light.

It was a dreamless sleep but sudden coldness hits her and her eyes jolted open. She was leaning at the window but her eyes bulged when she realized instead of seeing scenery, she saw nothing. It was so dark and whitey making it almost impossible to know what’s exactly there. It was already night and that’s only makes everything worse. Taeya unconsciously let a small whimper.

“Hey, you’re finally awake?” a voice startled Taeya and it took a full minute for her to remember the driver’s presence. Tao looks at her with a flat face. He was probably using most of his focus on the road as Taeya’s breath hitched when she saw in front of them is nothing more than thick white fog.

Tao seems able to sense the girl’s nervousness. “Relax, although it’s hard to see anything right now, Joonma Hyung’s van is somewhere in front of us. So don’t worry” Tao tried to cheer the still shocked Taeya. But when he saw she took one sleep pill and in a gulp it was down .

“You drink that again?” his question is unanswered as Taeya put her effort from sleeping. Right now all she want is to think this oddly familiar eerie situation is part of her dream and once she was awake she will already arrived at their destination. However it wasn’t like what she had planned before.

It was cold, and she was shivering so hard her teeth clattering in the process. Young Park Taeya try to warm herself using her small hands wrapped around her body. It’s not working and she was still unable to get out.

Mom, she called. Taeya doesn’t quite remember in which is she really called out or is it her head trying to seek help using some kind of telepathy. Either way, it’s not working.

Again her breath became unstable. She was losing it. The darkness, coldness and deathly silence started to engulf her. And all Taeya could do is to wait everything will became too overwhelming and numbness will find its way to her.

However what happened next wasn’t what she was expected. Instead of the sickening quietness, a sound of someone calling her name echoed in the black and dark confined room.

“…Taeya. Yah, Park Taeya”

Wait, what was that voice?

When Taeya opened her eyes, coldness brushed passed her face. However something was clearly off as she could feel a little warm came from a hand that’s holding her wrist firm yet gently at the same time. She turned at her side to meet Tao’s worried glance.

Taeya could feel heat came to her face upon realizing to whom the hand on her wrist belongs to. “Y-your hand” she stuttered. However the guy just averted his eyes back to the road.

“You were… thrashing around while you were asleep” he said. “I figure out it might be better if I woke you up” Tao admitted to her while releasing his grip. It wasn’t only because he needs both of his hands on the steer at this horrible condition but also he could feel Taeya tensed up.

Tao was focused on the road for a couple of minutes before caught the girl almost consume another pill. He stopped her immediately and literally threw the medicine strip to the back of the car. “Yah,” Taeya growled at him, clearly displeased by his sudden act.

“You just took one before the ride and just about an hour ago, you could have an over dosage” Taeya couldn’t tell whether the boy being serious or not, however that was what in the least of her concern. She shifted in her seat and try to sleep, but that was impossible. She couldn’t face those thoughts inside her subconscious at this rate.

She grunted and Tao definitely could hear her. “Have any trouble sleeping…“ Tao paused his words. “Well you did move around” he said to no one at particular. Taeya already turned around to face the Panda-eyed boy when the said person gave her a rather knowing look. “Bad dreams?”

Taeya almost laughed at his choice of words. Bad dreams are rather unpleasant, and what she suffered is depressing. But maybe the way Tao remarked it wasn’t so bad. As she thought about this, the cold air made her shivered once more.

The guy took a glimpse and he slowed down the car as he took off his jacket and in a swift motion he plucked it to Taeya who glanced at him questioningly. “It’s not that cold” he insisted the girl to wrap herself in the warm clothing. Although hesitant at first she did as she was told.

Her eyes stared out of the window and she felt herself cringed at sight. The white fog reminded her so much of her nightmare, but she cannot sleep but it’s not like sleep would help her on anything. All she can see is the same no matter she goes.

Tao didn’t know the girl except for her name. However there’s something inside telling him to comfort the girl in any way he could. “My name is Huang Zitao” he blurted out without thinking. The girl eyed him for a while and Tao gulped a bit regretted for saying his name while the girl might already know his like he knows hers.

“I’m Park Taeya” the girl replied but her eyes still glued at the window, or what horrors just across the transparent material. This went noticeable by Tao.

He shifted on his seat. “I’m afraid too, in this kind of weather” he admitted and Taeya gave a confused look. Tao glanced at Taeya from the steer. “Don’t you?” he asked and Taeya nodded, it was impossible to deny the obvious anyway.

“How can you drive when you’re afraid?” she asked suddenly and Tao just half-smiled at her question. He doesn’t know too.

“Maybe because you have it worse?” his voice is almost inaudible to Taeya, only few words she managed to catch. However Tao grinned as he continued. “Or maybe simply the weather’s getting better. I managed to see the van from here, although barely” he babbled. But Taeya just giggled at his sudden talkativeness side of Tao.

“But if you’re still uneasy, you can sleep again-“

“I can’t” Taeya sounded a bit desperate. The boy the music and soft instrumental sounds came. Taeya eyed Tao once more, demanding the meaning behind his action just now. Tao shrugged softly.

“I thought sounds may good for this suffocating silence” he stated the obvious. “And maybe it will help you with your nightmares. You know, as distractions” Tao added which made Taeya small smiled. She shifted a bit in her seat and closed her eyes.

However Tao noticed Taeya moving around. Indeed the girl found it hard to sleep without any kind of stimulation from the medicine, Tao conventionally threw. She was so uncomfortable with her mind still swirled with bad thoughts – even if the song from the radio did something helpful, but not good enough.

She stopped when she felt the same sized hand as before put on hers. Her eyes fluttered open but only see Tao drives with one hand. Upon realizing it, her eyes fully shot open. Clearly she was beyond worried of the boy drives in that kind of weather. Tao felt Taeya tensed and says still with his eyes on the road.

“I’m fine, beside the road cleared up mostly” he said as Taeya somehow relaxed and closes her eyes finally. About five minutes passed Tao’s hand lifted and for the loss of warmth from Tao’s hand, Taeya opened her eyes.

Tao looked at her and smiled brightly. “We almost arrived at the town, the lights are way more visible now-“

“Put it back” Taeya cut the boy’s words and Tao looked at her in confusion. Taeya cleared , there was a weird request for a stranger inside her head. However she said it nonetheless. “Put your hand back… I want to sleep”

Tao took an entire full minute to process the words. But then without a hesitation he took Taeya’s hand and enveloped it with his. Taeya’s eyes slowly closed and drifted to sleep. But this time, despite the coldness of the night and the thin layer of fog on the car window, Taeya feels warm.

And there were no nightmares, instead it was lacking of visualization. Except for the warmness she felt on her skin and the presence of a not-so a stranger, Huang Zitao.

 

~~//~~

 

Who doesn't like writer's block? I'm sorry I made this when I have one. When I made anything with writer's block I typed not  si important things. But I do hope you enjoy this story eiaoverload~! My first story with Tao as the main character SO... Okay, I should stop there.

I just want to remind all you silence non-silence readers that. comments are lovable~!

Sincerely, RedPenguin