Snoopy

Can't Get You Out of My Mind

I've always been a greedy person. Even when I had everything that I wanted I asked for more. If I could go back in time I would take back all my requests. You can take my fame, my fortune, my fans, you can even take my music. But in return I want you to give me something. I want you to let me hold her in my arms. I want to be the person who protects her. I want to be the man that wipes her tears when she cries and watches her laugh. I want her lips, her hands, her hugs, I want her to be mine. Only mine. God if you're out there take everything but I want her to be mine. Please. 

T.O.P wiped the tears from his eyes. Here he was a grown man in his mid-twenties crying in the bathroom making sure that no one could here him sob. He wanted so badly to make her his but she kept pushing him away.

He couldn't be just her friend. He couldn't watch her laugh with other men and be so friendly with them.

He needs her more then anything else but he can't hurt her again. 

T.O.P still didn't know exactly what happened after that party.

He never asked Jiyoung and he barely even got to talk to Amber. He needed to find out but he didn't want her to get mad again.

He dried his eyes as best as he could and left the stall.

The man standing in the mirror looked like a mess. He didn't look like the International K-pop star that fans all over the world loved. The man standing in the mirror was old, his eyes were blood shot, and his hair was unkempt.

T.O.P ran his fingers through his hair and put on his sunglasses. The redness wouldn't go away for a while but since he usually wore glasses he wouldn't look odd. 

He finally stepped out of the bathroom and walked towards the Show Champion dressing room. 

"Oh hyung you're finally here. They want us to be on standby I was just about to look for you" Henry said. 

"Sorry I was in the bathroom. Where's..." T.O.P was about to finish. Suddenly Amber opened the door to the room and wrapped her arm around Henry's neck. 

"Yah Snoopy you forgot your hat" she said holding a dark blue beanie and grinning. 

If his heart wasn't already broken it was probably nothing but dust now. He gave her a weak smile and walked passed them to the backstage area. 

Henry grabbed the hat but saw the hurt look on T.O.P's face. He couldn't help it but he smiled a little to himself. 

I guess she got another one. Now I have to give another guy my "we're just friends speech" Henry thought. This wasn't the first time that Amber broke someones heart. It was almost cruel the way she treated all the guys around her like friends even when they wanted so much more from her. Even he tried a couple of years ago but here he is as her forever best big brother. He sighed. 

"Hey Snoopy whats wrong?" Amber asked worried. She was staring right at him, there noses were almost touching. Another fact about Amber Josephine Lui, she didn't know the meaning of personal space.

Henry grabbed the top of her head and gently pushed her away. If he wasn't already so used to it his face would have been bright red. 

"Lets go Stitch" he said while walking away. 

*******

"Tune in to Show Champion same time next week. Until then byeoem!!!" the three MC's shouted together. The show had gone smoothly but T.O.P was so stiff through out the whole thing that it was almost funny to watch. He let out a big sigh in relief. 

"Wow hyung loosen up" Henry laughed as he patted him on the back. 

Damn it is really hard to hate this guy. T.O.P thought as he smiled right back at him. This little guy was supposed to be his love rival but he was so friendly and nice that he couldn't help but see him as a little brother. 

"By the way hyung. You want to grab a drink after this it'll my treat" Henry said. He was completely serious now and the change of mood threw T.O.P off just a little. 

"Yeah sure. I'm free after this" T.O.P said. 

Amber had already made her way back to the dressing room. She had to go back to the SM studio and practice for their comeback. Although she was smiling something was itching in the back of her head.

She kept on staring at T.O.P through out the whole show. The way he was acting bothered her even though it shouldn't have. 

I told that big lug that we could be friends. Why the hell isn't he smiling for real. I hate seeing that stupid plastic smile. I hate it so much that it hurts. Amber thought.

She hit her chest lightly with her fist. She didn't know why but everytime she looked at him with his plastic smile it felt like something was pinching her heart. It was a strange feeling, something she never felt before. But she would have to worry about it another day.

She quickly packed her things in her black bag and swung it over her shoulder. She opened the door and ran to the exit. 

"Yah Amber where are you going?" Henry shouted he recognized the petite girl only by her black and platinum blonde hair. 

Amber turned around and again the pinching in her heart started when she looked at T.O.P. She pounded her chest again. "I have to go back to the building for rehearsal. I'll see you there okay Snoopy. Oh.... and T.O.P oppa I'll... see you around... I guess" She turned around and ran out he exit. 

Are these two stupid or something. These two idiots are in love with each other. I've never seen my Amber act like that with anyone. Henry thought. He was a little mad but if fate brought them together then it is probably meant to be. All he needed to do now was play cupid and give them a little push. If she can't be mine I just want her to be happy. He ruffled his hair.

She was his only weakness and he would do anything for her. He didn't exactly love her like that anymore but it still hurt. 

*******

They sat awkwardly at the bar. He had ordered there drinks and was thinking about what to say. 

Oh what the hell when in doubt be as direct as possible. Henry thought. 

"So you're in love with my Amber" he said. T.O.P's eyes grew large and he almost choked on his drink. "Oh sorry hyung" he patted his back lightly as T.O.P coughed. 

"What did you say?!" he was staring at him. 

"I asked you if you love my.... I mean do you love Amber" he asked again. 

"You know Henry I was almost starting to like you but you brought me to this bar just so you could poke fun at me. I don't know about you but that seems a little creul doesn't it" T.O.P was fuming. 

"Wow wow. First of all I'm going to take that as a yes. And second I didn't bring you here to make fun of you. Why the hell would I bring you all the way here when I could have just made fun of you in the dressing room" Henry gave a dry laugh but quickly stopped when he saw T.O.P's piercing eyes staring back at him. He pulled on his collar. Wow tough crowd. 

"Then why the hell are you asking me" T.O.P said. He was tired in more ways then one and this kid was starting to get on his nerves. 

"I want to tell you that Amber doesn't like me the way you think she does. It's kinda sad to say but she rejected me a few years back" he said while swirling the ice around in his drink. T.O.P stared at him shocked by his sudden confession. 

Henry laughed " Yeah I know what you're thinking how could a handsome devil like me get rejected. Well. That's a story for another day" 

"But why are you telling me all this. We barely know each other" Either this kid is really stupid or he's in love with me. Why the hell is he bringing all this up. T.O.P thought. 

"I want to help." 

" Wait. Help. You mean help me. Help me do what?" T.O.P was still confused. 

"Look hyung. I've known Amber longer than anyone. I know that Amber is the type of girl to keep all her feelings tightly locked up until she breaks. I don't know what happened between you two but I can feel that she is close to breaking. Today when she said bye to you something slipped. She's breaking slowly. Amber might not realize it but I can see it." Henry didn't know how but there were tears streaming down his cheeks. T.O.P was at a loss for words and he kept listening to the younger man. 

"I love her more than anything else in the world. It may be a different love now but I still love her. I want to hate you so much for hurting her. I want to hate you so much. But I know that you're the only thing that can stop her from breaking. ." Henry was bawling. He tried to wipe the tears out of his eyes. I knew it all along. She has been so sad. She smiles but her eyes don't smile. Why the hell does it hurt so much to say it out loud when I knew it all along. Henry thought. 

"I don't want my little sister to hurt anymore. It kills me to see her fake smiles and her forced attempts at happiness. I need you to help me. Please" he was almost begging. His head was in his hands. 

T.O.P didn't know what to say. He slowly ruffled Henry's hair. "You know you're probably one of the most amazing people I have ever met. I'm glad that Amber has people like you by her side." Henry lifted his head. His eyes were bright red but the tears had stopped falling. 

"I don't know if I'll be much help. But if you think that I can make her smile again I'll do whatever I can to make it happen" T.O.P said. 

Henry smiled. "You know hyung if you tell anyone I cried like a baby I'll find you in the YG building and punch you in the face" 

T.O.P laughed a hearty laugh. It had been a long time since he heard his own laughter. He stood up from his stool and patted Henry's hair. "You can try but first you have to be able to reach my face" 

They both laughed together. A sweet ending to a bitter afternoon.