Baking For The Neighbours

We Got Married: Lost Couple

Italics = Captions on screen Underlined = Actions without words Bold = English


JY and Zico were coming back from their grocery shopping. JY was opening the door when Zico noticed something in the mailbox.

Zi: We have a letter.

JY: A letter?

Zi: Yeah. He took the letter out from the mailbox It doesn't say who it's from.

JY: Maybe it says on the inside. Let's go in.

The couple went inside and JY went to put the groceries away when she saw ingredients laid out on the kitchen counter.

JY: Did the PD-unnies come in? Why are there baking things?

Zi: I know why. Zico showed her the letter Mission: Please be friendly to your neighbours. 

JY: Our neighbours? That's...unnie and Minyoon-sshi, right? Why do we have to be nice to then?

Zi: Because we haven't said anything to them since the day we arrived. Those two are always interacting with each other and then there's us. 

JY: How do you know this?

Zi: I watched their broadcast.

JY: So...do we have to do this?

Zi: It's a mission so we have to.

JY: Come on then, let's start baking.

Zi: You bake?

JY: I know a thing or two.

JY put on her apron and made Zico put on the blue one as she started the baking process. She pulled her phone out, searching for a recipe. She put her phone somewhere she could see easily and washed her hands.

JY: Every time I bake something for someone else, I always end up eating it all.

Zi: Why?

JY: Because I like cakes.

Zi: We can make more so we can have some ourselves as well.

JY: I don't feel like baking for unnie or Minyoon-sshi...

Zi: Why don't you like your members?

JY: I love them. And I have to love unnie because she's my unnie. 

Zi: Then why don't you want to bake for them?

JY: I'm the baby of the group. They are always the ones doing things for me. It's weird that I have to do things for them.


Do you really not like your members?

JY: Aniya...I love my members. I suppose it's because I'm the youngest, I'm not used to doing things for the unnies. It's usually unnie who would bake and buy things for me. I just say thank you and accept it.


Zi: I'll baby you. Zico kissed her forehead and smiled As long as you do things for your members.

JY: Don't you already baby me?

Zi: Do I? It's only natural for a husband to baby his wife.

JY focused on mixing the batter for the next few minutes and was putting the paper cups for the cupcakes into the tray when Zico reached into the mixing bowl and dipped his finger in.

JY: Yah! What are you doing?!

Zi: This is edible, right?

JY: Why are you eating the batter? We won't have as much for the cakes then!

Zi: We're going to eat them anyway. Zico dipped his finger in again and the batter off his finger Can we just eat it like this instead?

JY: You're going to get a stomach-ache. 

She poured the batter into the paper cups and scraped even the last bits out but Zico stopped her, the spatula.

JY: Ew! Now I can't use that spatula!

Zi: Why are you so against eating the batter? This tastes really good.

JY scraped the very last bit with her finger and wiped the batter on Zico's nose.

JY: Let's see you try eating that.


What did you think of Zico eating the batter?

JY: All I was thinking then was, "How are we going to have enough batter to make cupcakes for us and unnie and Minyoon-sshi?". I was also worried that he was going to get a stomach-ache after eating the batter because there are raw eggs in there. 

Why did you keep eating the batter?

Zi: It was delicious. I don't normally crave for food like that but for some reason, the batter was calling out to me and kept asking me to eat it. Jooyong wouldn't let me eat the batter though...she kept stopping me.


Zico frowned, trying to the batter off his nose. JY laughed and shook her head, putting the cupcakes into the oven and closed the door.

Zi: Oh! I can just wipe it off! Why didn't I think so before?!

JY: My husband is so stupidly adorable. 

Zi: I'm not stupid. I just didn't think of it. So, how long do we have to wait now?

JY: Twenty to thirty minutes.

Half an hour later~

JY: They are done.

She reached her hand into the oven and yelped in pain, pulling her hand out.

JY: Aish...I forgot the mitts...that hurt...

Zi: My wife is so stupidly adorable.

JY: Don't steal my words.

Zi: Run your hand under the tap.

JY: I want Kitty to kiss it better.

Zico took her hand and kissed it gently, it and kissed it again.

Zi: There. I'm going to get the cupcakes so run your hand under the tap.

JY: The water is so cold!

Zi: That's what you get when you forget the mitts.

JY: Can you make the icing?

Zi: How do you do that?

JY: That box over there is icing sugar. Measure out 500g and pour water little by little in it and stir. We won't want it too runny. And if you want to put colour in, there's food colouring somewhere.

Zico did as he was told and made the icing.

Zi: Do we put it on now?

JY: We have to wait for the cakes to cool down first.

Ten minutes later, JY's hand was away from the tap and the cakes were beautifully decorated with the icing.


What did you think of the cupcakes?

Zi: I finally understood what Jooyong meant when she said that she wants to eat it all whenever she bakes something for someone else. I wanted to eat all the cupcakes by myself. I didn't want to share it with anyone. They were really good.


JY: We have to take them to unnie and Minyoon-sshi now, don't we?

Zi: How many do we have?

JY: Two...four...six...eight...JY mumbles under her breath We have forty cupcakes. Wow...

Zi: Let's keep twenty for ourselves and give them ten each.

JY: Dwejico. (Pig Zico)

Zi: Where did you hear that nickname from?

JY: You said it yourself on Weekly Idol.

Zi: Well, we deserve the cakes! We worked hard for them!

JY: Let's go and give them away now.

The first couple they're visiting...Haesung and Yongguk!

HS: Oh, annyeong.

Zi: Annyeong, sister-in-law. 

HS: Haha, annyeong. Would you like to come in?

JY: Is Yongguk-oppa here?

HS: Yeah.

They went inside and Yongguk greeted them, leading them to the living room.

YG: What are you doing here?

Zi: We made cupcakes so we brought some over for you.

HS: Oh, Jooyong baked? 

JY: Kitty helped but he kept eating the batter.

HS: Jooyong used to do that when she was younger.

JY: When did I do such things?

HS: When you were really young.

YG: They look really nice, thank you.

Zi: You get ten. The other ten is for the other neighbours.

HS: Oh Minyoon?

JY: Can't we just keep the other ten for ourselves?

Zi: We already have twenty for ourselves.

YG: Twenty?!

Zi: We have to go now. Enjoy the cupcakes.

HS: Thank you very much.

YG: Thank you.

The Lost Couple left the house and went to knock on Minyoon's-B Bomb's door.

BB: Oh, rare visitors.

MY: Who is it?

BB: Your member.

JY: It's me, Minyoon-sshi!

MY: Oh, JY-sshi. What are you doing here?

Zi: We have cupcakes!

BB: Jiho didn't make these, did he?

JY: I did all the work. He ate all the batter.

BB: You mean he touched these? Did he wash his hands.

Zi: Yah hyung, of course I did! I didn't poison them.

BB: Don't yah me. How would I know if they were poisoned?

MY: We can trust JY-sshi's cooking skills.

JY: Minyoon-sshi's the one you have to worry about.

MY: What's that supposed to mean?

Zi: Now that we've given you the cupcakes, Nemo and I should go and enjoy our twenty cupcakes.

BB: Twenty?! Ah...you're really going to be dwejico.

MY: Don't get fat, JY-sshi.