Chapt: 13 Time To Say Goodbye

Love Me When I'm Gone

Leeteuk POV 

Fear and shock are still etched on everyone's faces. Henry's words still haunt us. 

Our beloved Sungmin is going to die and half of us were still hating him. No one has spoken since the phone call and now we are on a plane to Canada. Zhoumi called Henry and told him that we were on our way. I keep trying to think of a way to prepare myself, as a leader, I should be ready and be there to comfort everyone but my mind goes to Sungmin.

How even if we see him and apologize, we will still lose him and I feel guilty. Guilty for not believing my dongsaeng and for not being there when I should have been. I look around the cabin, Ryeowoook is silently crying into Kyuhyun's shoulder. Eunhyuk and Donghae are on their phones, looking through photos with sad smiles on their faces. 

The others are either staring out the window or just sitting there doing nothing. The thought that we will lose him has put us all on edge and emotional. I pray that Sungmin's heart holds out long enough for us to see him so we can say sorry and tell him that we still love him. My gaze goes to Siwon, who is beside Zhoumi, he is holding both hands in front of him, whispering a prayer. 

My heart goes out to him. Finally, he has found someone he loves and now he will lose that someone. Fate has played a cruel game and now we must all suffer the consequences. I clasp both my hands tightly in front of me. 

" Please Sungmin, hold on" I whisper. 

 

Sunny POV 

A sharp pain wakes me up from my nap, I rub my stomach and I happen to look down, my eyes widen. 

" Someone!!!!" I scream, my voice travelling through the dorm  My door opens and in comes Yuri with Taeyeon behind her. Another wave of pain hits me and I clutch my stomach. Yuri and Taeyeon rush over to me, they see what's between my legs. 

" It's okay, Sunny." Yuri says my hair. Yoona and Soohyun appear in the doorway.

" What's happening?" asks Yoona

" We heard screaming." says Soohyun. 

" Sunny is in labour." Taeyeon says to them while talking on the phone to the hospital. 

" Yoona, Soohyun. Go get the rest of the girls and grab the bags." Yuri orders them ans they both nod and quickly leave the room, A minute later comes shouting and mutliple footsteps. 

" It's hurts." I whisper, panting. The pain is unbearable. I grab Yuri's hand and squeeze tightly. Taeyeon comes back after hanging up the phone.

" Okay, everything is ready at the hospital. Come on." She says as her and Yuri help me up. We get to the door and the rest come running with the already prepared bags. 

" Hyoyeon. Get downstairs and start the car." Hyoyeon grabs the bags and bolts out of the dorm. The process downstairs in slow and painful. The only thing i can think of is Sungmin and how he isn't here to see his child come into the world. I just hope the guys bring him back so he can be a father to his child and then it hits me, the sudden realisation that I love Sungmin. 

Henry POV 

It's been a day and a half and Sungmin hasn't woken up. He went to sleep last night and hasn't stirred since, I'm starting to worry. I don't know whether to call Leeteuk and tell him but they are still shocked from my latest news. If I tell them this, it would be like rubbing salt into a gun shot wound. The doctor keeps assuring me that there is nothing to worry about. 

Sometimes it helps if they sleep for long period of time but it doesn't put me at ease. I get a message froom Zhoumi on my phone They just left the airport and are on their way here, 15 minutes from now and I'll be able to relax a little. I sigh and leave the room and head to the rooftop, bringing my violin with me. I get to the rooftop and take out my violin and start playing. 

Noone POV 

The tune flows through the window and envelops the room with it's sweet tune. The figure on the bed stirs, eyes opening a little, he turns his head to look out the window, his mouth turns up into a smile. 

" Mianhe, Henry and Thank You." He whispers, his eyes close again and the sound of the heart monitor going flat fills the room. 

Henry POV ( continutation) 

After playing my violin, I feel calmer now and I head back. As I walk to the room, two doctors rush past me and go straight into Sungmin's room. My heat fills with dread. I get to the door and see Sungmin, his hospital garmet open, the doctors trying to revive him, With each electric shock they look at the monitor for any sign of a heartbeat but nothing. 

I go the foot of the bed and stand there, tears streaming down my face. The doctors keep going, they stop using the machine and use their hands but it stays the same. The doctors look at me and sigh, looking at their watches. 

" Time of death 2:15pm." 

The nurses start to clear away the equipment, they also have tears in their eyes. I go to Sungmin's side and grab his hand. Its cold.

" Wake up." I say, my voice trembling. " Sungmin, the members are coming to see you. You can't leave yet." More tears fall and I collapse over Sungmin's now lifeless body, sobbing. I repeat his name over and over again when finally the grief becomes to much to bear and I scream. 

No one POV ( 15 minutes later)

Leeteuk and the others arrive at the hospital, their hearts and minds anxious. They go into the buidling.

" Henry said it's room 7." Zhoumi says as they continue walking. They turn the corner and see Henry sitting on the floor, hugging his knees. His eyes are red  and his face wet. 

" Henry." Zhoumi calls out, Henry slowly turns his head to look at them. Fresh tears start streaming down  and he buries his head into his knees. The doctor comes out of the room and spots them, 

" Are you here to see Lee Sungmin?"

" Yes, is everything alright?" Leeteuk asks. 

The doctor looks back and forth between Henry and the members. 

" I'm sorry to tell you this. Sungmin passed away in his sleep. We did everything possible to revive him, My condolences." The doctor says and pats Leeteuk on the shoulder before leaving. 

Leeteuk POV 

It can't be!!! 

I go into the room and see Sungmin on the bed. My heart breaks at the sight. I walk to the bed and grab his cold, pale hand, collapsing on my knees.

" Sungmin-ah!!!!!!!" I scream, sobbing uncontrollably. Everyone has come in, the sight of Sungmin has them crying. 

" You were supposed to wait for us!!!" I whisper against the cold hand in my warm one. 

I failed him. 

Siwon POV 

I'm trying to keep myself from breaking down but tears spill out and my shoulders start shaking. I put my hands over my face as my grief takes over and I fall at the foot of the bed. The person I love is gone. I can never see him again.

My heart has broken into a million pieces with no hope of being put back together. 

 

Present 

Siwon POV 

Sungmin's face comes on the tv and my heart clenches. I feel like crying but Ryeowook takes my hand. I breathe out and listen to Sungmin's Message. 

" If you are watching this then I am no longer with you. The years that I spent with you guys were the best years of my life. The moments we shared will be in my memory forever, all the times we performed together, I will never forget. I never balmed you guys so don't feel guilty any longer. 

Teukie-hyung, you were the best leader in my book. Always there for everyone and being the pillar of strength for me and the others. Never change, Leader, stay the way you are. You are the best that way.

Yesungie-hyung, I will miss you and our wierd conversations. You have a gift, you understand everyone and have a good heart. 

Shindong-hyung, I will take your jokes with me to heaven and make the angels laugh. I will miss you and I will miss our midnight snacking sessions. 

Eunhyukie and Donghae, my monkey and fish dongsaengs. Watch over everyone for me. I will miss both your warm smiles and hugs. Be good to one another. 

Wookie and Kyu, I'm sorry if my leaving made you sad. Don't cry anymore for me. Know that I will always watch over you. Wookie, I will miss your kindness, your cooking and your cuteness. Kyu, I will miss your mischevious smile and angelic voice. Sing to me when you feel down and protect Wookie in my place. 

Siwon, I should have said this the day you confessed to me but I was afraid. Forgive me for making this hard for you and know that I never blamed you for anything. Keep living on for me, Don't miss out on life on my account. I'll be watching you from above. I love you, Choi Siwon, Always have and i always will." 

Sungmin POV 

I'm crying watcing my own video message. How lame is that? I look to my side and see Donghae's father next to me. 

" You did good, Sungmin. They can heal now." He says, putting a hand on my shoulder. 

" You think they can?" I ask him, he just smiles

" You have little faith in your members. You were a significant figure in their lives but in time they will heal. It was like that for Donghae when I died but he healed because he had all of you to help him." 

I wipe away my tears and look at the members faces. Some of them had small smiles and others were crying. A sad realisation that I will never see them again for sometime creeps up on me. I turn to him.

" It's time for me to go, isn't it?" I ask but I already know the answer to the question. Donghae's father puts his arm around me and a bright light shines behind us. 

" Don't think you won't be forgotten. You will forever be in their hearts. They will vsiit your grave and tell you about their day. You are irreplacable to them." He says and we both turn around to face the light. We begin walking and I stop just before the light.

I turn around for one last look. My eyes lock onto another pair staring straight at me. Of course, Yesungie can see me. I smile at him and do a heart shape with my arms above my head. Yesung does it back with a teary smile on his face. I nod at him and wave. 

" Saranhae everyone." I say and I walk into the light with no regrets. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OMG, I teared up writing this.

enjoy everyone.