Chapt: 11 A Time To Reflect and Regret

Love Me When I'm Gone

1 and a half months ago 

No one POV 

Everyday is the same.

Sungmin not cooperating with the doctor during his therapy sessions, the doctor having to sedate Sungmin and the process repeats itelf. All the while, Henry is watching, knowing that there is nothing that he can do to help. Henry gets frustrated  and leaves the room, heading to the rooftop and calls Zhoumi.

The air is cold but Henry doesn't mind it, he actually likes the weather in Canada. Zhoumi picks up after the second ring.

" Zhoumi." Henry says

" Ah Henry. How is Sungmin?" Zhoumi asks. Henry hesitates for a second. 

" Not good, Gege." 

" It's only been two weeks. Give it a little more time, I'm sure we'll see results soon." Henry listens to Zhoumi but his heart is doubting whether there will be change. Sungmin's breakdowns during therapy even make Henry cry and he is only listening outside the door. It is sad how one event can change a person forever.

Henry says goodbye to Zhoumi and hang up, putting the phone in his pocket, but he doesn't leave the rooftop straight away. Henry stands still with his eyes closed, imagining the good times and praying that there will be more to come. 

Sungmin POV 

Pouring my heart out in therapy is not helping me, it's only making me more depressed. The doctor had escorted me back to my room, I am strapped to the bed in sitting up position. Taking precautions they said. Sitting there, on the white bed, in this white room, has me thinking about my mistakes.

Over and over I think that If I was smarter, I would have known what Sunny was up to and could have avoided it, then I wouldn't be here. Instead, I would be with Siwon and the rest of the members, we would be laughing, joking, singing and all the other stuff we used to do. 

I often dream about Siwon. I miss him so much. I regret not telling him that I loved him, I was stupid not to answer him when he confessed to me. He had poured his heart out to me and I betrayed him, I would have spent the rest of my life with him if not for this but now it's too late. Even though I love him still, I dont think he loves me back and why should he?

I miss the members with all my heart and I hope they are well. I should be willing myself better but I just can't. Knowing what a disappoinment I am. To go back like nothing happened would upset me, to see the faces that had once not believed me, I don't think I could take it. No, it's better this way. Better if I'm gone. That way they only remember the previous me, before the scandal.

Before I had single-handedly wrecked my life. A tear slides down my cheek. Yes, it's better If I leave this world soon.

 

Leeteuk POV 

After Sunny had confessed, I called up Soo Man straight away and told him what just happened and I asked him if we could cancel our upcoming schedules and go see Sungmin. He wasn't happy. We had packed schedules for the next 2 and a half weeks.

Hours of argueing and we came to a compromise. We could go see Sungmin but after the schedules and after we and Sunny do a press conference and clear Sungmin's name.

I had told my members this and they thought it was fair. Siwon however wanted to go now but I told him that if we left now, we can forget about being idols and I know that Sungmin wouldn't want that for us. Sunny said she wants to come along  and apologise to Sungmin in person but she is due in a couple of weeks and it was impossible for her to travel. 

I tried calling Henry a couple of times to tell him the good news but he never answers and the call goes to voicemail. I leave messages to call me back but that never happens. I even called Zhoumi a bunch of times but he doesn't answer either. I'm starting to worry about them.

We haven't heard from them since Sungmin's suicide attempt and I know that Siwon is losing his mind at not knowing how Sungmin is. 

It's pretty clear to everyone that Siwon is still. very much in love with Sungmin. I just hope that they can finally be together with no worries because those two were meant for each other. 

Zhoumi POV 

After Henry called me, I felt bad. I should be there in Canada as well, not stuck here doing talk shows and fan events. Its killing me not being there with Henry, he sounded so disheartened on the phone. Poor boy is probably on his last legs. I aslo feel bad about dodging Leeteuk and Siwon's phone calls.

Not because I want to but because I don't know enough about Sungmin's condition right now. 

From what Henry tells me, its been slow process. I can onl imagine Sungmin's feeling in all of this. Being taken from place to place could wear anyone out. Not only that, being in a foreign country where you don't speak the language must be frustrating for him.

If I didn't have schedules I would be there for him, so for now, Henry is gonna have to watch over him for the both of us. 

Present

No one POV 

" I had the Super Junior members here this morning. Lets just say that colourful language was involved." Soo Man says from behind his desk, the person sitting in front of him has a sad smile on his face.

" But you haven't revealed my identity?" He asks. Soo man shakes his head. 

" It's only natural for them to be upset. You are asking them to let a stranger into the group." 

" But you are not a stranger to them, Lee Sung Woo." Soo Man looks at the younger boy who is a splitting image of his now deceased brother. 

" I'm only doing this because i want to experience what my brother did." Sungwoo says.

" I know and Its lucky for me that you can sing and dance. Welcome to Super Junior." Soo Man stretches out a hand and the younger shakes it. Sungwoo thought as he was shaking Soo Man's hand that he was gonna have to go to SJ dorms and tell them that he would be the one joining the group. 

He was still grieving for his brother, his whole family were but this way he can be closer to Sungmin through music and experience eveything he did while he was an idol. Sungmin would call Sungwoo just to tell him how much he loved being an idol. Sungwoo notices that a picture of Super Junior is hanging on Soo Mans wall.

It's a recent one and Sungmin's photo has been placed insde the frame as well. His brother is smiling happily in the photo.

" Why have you put Sungmin's picture with Super Junior?" He asks. Soo Man stares at the picture and he smiles a little, but his eyes are sad.

" Because he will always be a part of Super Junior."  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Its getting close to the end. Enjoy. :)