Chapt: 12 The End is Near

Love Me When I'm Gone

4 weeks ago

Siwon POV 

We are all waiting to board the plane, I'm full of nerves at the prospect that I will see Sungmin again. What if he doesn't want to speak to me? I'm hoping that it doesn't turn out like that and he is alright. Leeteuk tries and tries but he can't seem to get into contact with Zhoumi or Henry. I have tried as well but nothing, it goes straight to voicemail. I close my eyes and breathe out, I should stop worrying. Those two will looks after Sungmin good. 

" Flight 177, Seoul to Beijing, Now Boarding." 

I open my eyes and Leeteuk is standing in front of me with my bag in his hands.

" Lets bring our friend back." He says and we all  head towards the boarding gates. 

Zhoumi POV 

I can't stop biting my fingernails, what the hell am I supposed to tell them? Oh, by the way, Henry and Sungmin are in Canada and we put him in a mental hospital. I shake my head. They will kill me for sure. I called Henry before and he says I should just tell them the truth. Easier said than done if you ask me. If it was only Leeteuk and Siwon than yeah but not all 12 of them. 

My phone jingles on the kitchen table, I look at the screen before picking it up. It's Leeteuk. I think I'm gonna have a heart attack I put it back on the table and ignore it. it goes quiet and then the door bell rings, making me jump out of my skin and squeal like a girl. I hesitantly walk towards the door and look at the intercom. The  little screen shows them all waiting outside. 

" Come on Zhoumi!!!! Man up!!!" I say and slap my face. I take a deep breathe and buzz them in, unlocking the front door and opening it so they can come in. 

They all come in, noisily, I might add. My back is turned and my hands are shaking. 

" Zhoumi!!!!" They all shouted and I jumped a little. 

" Where's Henry and Sungmin?" Asked Siwon. I turn to face them and they all stare at me. 

" There is something I need to tell you." I start to say, I swallow my nerves. " Henry and Sungmin aren't here." 

" Thats okay. We can wait, When are they coming back?" says Leeteuk

" No, Henry and Sungmin aren't here, in Beijing." 

" What do you mean they're not here?!" exclaims Heechul, who looks irritated. This is not gonna end well for me.

" Henry and Sungmin are in Canada." I finally say and the room is quiet for a mintue and then everyone starts shouting at me and asking questions. Oh boy. 

Henry POV 

I never expected this, I'm still in shock. I am actually having  a conversation with Sungmin. The nurse took me outside and told me that Sungmin had wooken this morning himself again. Before me now is the bright, cheerful, energetic Sungmin I know and miss. Although he is still frail and weak, he doesn't show it. We were talking for quiet a long time when Sungmin takes my hand in his. 

" Henry." My name comes out like a whisper. 

" Yes." I answer him, I look down at his hands over mine. 

" I need you to do something for me." He says and I look up at him, he has tears coming down his face.

" Anything." I say

" I'm gong to die Henry." Sungmin says to me, I grab his shoulders.

" You're not! You are going to get better and live." He stares at me with gentle eyes that say it's impossible. 

" I know I'm dying Henry. I can feel it." He then wraps his arms around me, resting his head on my shouder and whispers something in my ear. My heart clenches  so tight its almost painful and tears stream down my face. I hug him tighter. 

" I will hyung." 

Present 

Sungwoo POV 

After leaving SME I decided to go to SJ dorms and tell them All the while my stomach  is in knots. I wonder what their reactions will be when I tell them I'm Sungmin's replacement. I miss my brother. I miss his late night phone calls and surprise visits to home but mostly I miss his smile and hugs. My big brother is an angel now and I know he is watching over me from above. 

The building where SJ lives, the entrance and hallways are covered with letters, messages and bouquets of flowers, Orchids mostly, Sungmin's favourite. I reach the door to find it half open and several voices in the room. I go inside, quietly taking off my shoes. No one has noticed my presence yet. Super Junior and SNSD  are in the lounge and Henry is standing beside the tv.

" Sungmin wanted Zhoumi and I to show this video to everyone in order and you guys are the last ones to see it." 

The way Henry spoke, it sounded like he was going to cry and judging from his expression he already knew what was gonna happen. he presses play and my brother's face appears on the tv. My vision goes blurry as tears fall down my cheeks. 

Sungmin POV 

I see my brother in the doorway, crying. Ah, dongsaeng. I'm sorry to have made you cry again. When I was living, I was never the cause of your tears but your salvation. Now it's your turn to be my salvation and theirs. If only you knew how sorry I am to leave you on your own, Sungwoo. Hopefully your being part of the group will help them heal and they will be able to truly smile from the bottom of their hearts. 

You will have a bumpy road ahead of you, my beloved little brother but the future will be worth it in the end. All the sadness and pain they are feeling now, your presence will be enough to get them through it, So be strong for me, for them and for yourself. 

4 weeks ago - ( continutation of Siwon Pov at the start of chapter) 

Siwon POV 

Zhoumi has told us that Sungmin and Henry are in Canada and have been there since the incident. And not only that, Henry had Sungmin admitted to a private countryside hospital. 

" I'm sorry for dogding your calls but I knew you would ask about Sungmin and I don't know anything." Zhoumi explains with fear in his eyes. the poor guy is shaking like a leaf, probably thought we were gonna kill him or something.

" But Henry does call you?" asks Kangin, who is seated on the couch with Heechul, Kibum and Hangeng.They all made themselves at home there while everyone is scattered around the room.

" He does but it's always the same, no change." Zhoumi says taking a seat at the kitchen table. I go to him and put a hand on his shoulder, he seemed to stop shaking instantly. He looks up at me and then his gaze goes to the bathroom. 

" What's wrong, Zhoumi?" I ask him

" That night. I was so scared we were gonna lose him." The look on his face was like he was remembering, his face has gone pale and he starts shaking again. Everyones eyes are on us and I can only comfort Zhoumi by hugging him.  

" We never noticed you know. Not a damn clue and now it's come to this." Zhoumi has tears in his eyes. My heart goes out to him, The guilt he must be feeling. 

" It's not your fault, Zhoumi-ah" Leeteuk has come over and envelops Zhoumi in his arms. The house phone goes off, startling everyone.

Eunhyuk picks up the phone. 

" Yoboseyo." He says and he puts the phone on loudspeaker. 

" Ah, Hyukie-hyung. Is Zhoumi there?" Henry's voice fills the room. 

" I'm here Henry." Zhoumi says, wiping his tears away. 

The phone is silent for a minute. 

" I'm on loudspeaker, aren't I?" Henry asks and we all answer yes.

" So, what's happening, Henry?" Shindong says from across the room. 

" Um, well. I had a conversation with Sungmin today. It's like he woke up and was himself again but the doctor says it won't last." 

My heart skipped a beat when Henry mentioned talking  with Sungmin, so that means he must be getting better, right?

" Is that all Henry?" Leeteuk asks and the phone goes quiet again 

" Just tell them Henry. They need to know. " Zhoumi says. " Better they hear it from you than me."

" Know what?"

" What's wrong?"

Heechul and Kangin ask at the same time, all the members have moved closer to the phone. I feel someone grab my hand, I look to find Ryeowook beside me and beside him is Kyuhyun.

" I'm sorry to say this hyungs but Sungmin doesn't have much time left." Henry's voice starts to get shaky.

" What do you mean?" I ask, my chest clenching.

" Sungmin's heart is failing and his organs are shutting down." His words are like ice being poured over us. We are all numb .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry the update took so long.

Having major writers block for this story.

Anyways enjoy the chap and let me know what you think

(^o^)/